2024-25 College Prospect Watch

615finest

yeah, rough one for ward last night. to this point i had been very impressed with his ability within structure and avoidance of turnover worthy plays, but last night we saw wazzu cam: all the impressive, magical stuff was still there but just way too reckless. there were some great throws and wild plays but overall i don’t think he helped his draft stock last night.

53 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Not loving what I see from Jaxon Dart against Kentucky. 

Maybe I picked the wrong weekend to watch some of the highly thought of guys. Lol 

dart feels completely impossible to evaluate in that offense, probably even more than nico at tennessee lol. guy is either throwing passes behind the LOS or throwing wide open deep posts down the middle of the field. just no idea at all what nfl stuff he can or can't do.

• Like 1

Just saying, but putting that much weight into single-game performances when evaluating college QB prospects is pure nonsense. Even if you did, and you watched Cam Ward last night and thought "hmm, I have some doubts about this guy being a legit top QB in the NFL", the whole evaluating QBs thing is probably not for you.

3 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

Just saying, but putting that much weight into single-game performances when evaluating college QB prospects is pure nonsense. Even if you did, and you watched Cam Ward last night and thought "hmm, I have some doubts about this guy being a legit top QB in the NFL", the whole evaluating QBs thing is probably not for you.

It's not a single game that I'm making judgement. 

But it's my first time watching him for a while game. 

Wasn't great first impression with some things. 

Not me writing him as undraftable. 

Just wasn't his best game. That's all I'm saying. 

But also....when some of these guys only play 2-3 real games against competition. It puts more weight on single performances. 

Hard to evaluate when you playing Ball State. 

Edited by KingTitan

every week really hammers home more that this QB class is rough lol. milroe is a 1-2 reads and run guy and struggles to throw with touch. you have to turn your offense into a QB run style if you want it to work with him. beck is a backup, and that's really it. allar is terrible, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. dart has a noodle arm and plays in a fake offense. i like ward a lot but to me he's a mid-first round guy that you hope to sit for a year after you draft him.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

every week really hammers home more that this QB class is rough lol. milroe is a 1-2 reads and run guy and struggles to throw with touch. you have to turn your offense into a QB run style if you want it to work with him. beck is a backup, and that's really it. allar is terrible, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. dart has a noodle arm and plays in a fake offense. i like ward a lot but to me he's a mid-first round guy that you hope to sit for a year after you draft him.

Levis and a real vet to compete if Levis doesn't have a good finish to the year in 2025 is what I read from your post. Lol

Cam and Shadeur are the best QBs in the upcoming draft. Beck is average. If you have a good OC that could work with Milroe he could be the most intriguing out of all of them.. Lamar has shown you can win with a QB like him