2024-25 College Prospect Watch

615finest

6 hours ago, KingTitan said:

It's not a single game that I'm making judgement. 

But it's my first time watching him for a while game. 

Wasn't great first impression with some things. 

Not me writing him as undraftable. 

Just wasn't his best game. That's all I'm saying. 

But also....when some of these guys only play 2-3 real games against competition. It puts more weight on single performances. 

Hard to evaluate when you playing Ball State. 

He threw for 343 with a 63% completion rate, 4 passing touchdowns and one rushing TD, made a lot of NFL throws, looked as poised as you'll ever see someone as a college QB prospect with defenders constantly in the backfield and in his face, worked through progressions and having to march down the field to win the game, he did that too. I'm sorry, but there is no way you watch that performance and think he is not or might not be a NFL starting caliber of a prospect.

Whatever real competition anyone might ever face in college is incomparable to even the lowest of what he'll face in the NFL, so no, it shouldn't hold that much weight.

10 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Something about Milroe I like. Dude is a truck of an athlete and can chuck it. Dont know what he will ever be as nfl qb because he looks a bit raw and unpolished in some techniques, but I am intrigued.

Milroe in Tennessee 

rwu65wfvc465kwswg60c

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

He threw for 343 with a 63% completion rate, 4 passing touchdowns and one rushing TD, made a lot of NFL throws, looked as poised as you'll ever see someone as a college QB prospect with defenders constantly in the backfield and in his face, worked through progressions and having to march down the field to win the game, he did that too. I'm sorry, but there is no way you watch that performance and think he is not or might not be a NFL starting caliber of a prospect.

Whatever real competition anyone might ever face in college is incomparable to even the lowest of what he'll face in the NFL, so no, it shouldn't hold that much weight.

Eh. 

Just have to disagree. It sounds like you are saying what they do in college doesn't play a big factor or hold much weight. 

He has all the tools. He made fabulous throws. But if the media and fans are going to destroy Levis for turnovers. Then they couldn't be happy with a 3 turnover game. 

Yes he made up for it. 

All ik saying is for my first time watching from start to finish it wasn't his best outing. 

A lot to like. But some things that if it consistently shows up against tougher competition, I'd be hesitant drafting him high. 

You want as clean of a prospect as you can get up high. And that game is a slight blemish. 

14 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Levis and a real vet to compete if Levis doesn't have a good finish to the year in 2025 is what I read from your post. Lol

Wouldn't be shocked if this is where we are headed, especially with the holes all around the roster. A lot of season left to go with evaluation on Levis. If it goes real south with him, I hope we dont force a qb pick because of pressure to do so. 

40 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Eh. 

Just have to disagree. It sounds like you are saying what they do in college doesn't play a big factor or hold much weight. 

He has all the tools. He made fabulous throws. But if the media and fans are going to destroy Levis for turnovers. Then they couldn't be happy with a 3 turnover game. 

Yes he made up for it. 

All ik saying is for my first time watching from start to finish it wasn't his best outing. 

A lot to like. But some things that if it consistently shows up against tougher competition, I'd be hesitant drafting him high. 

You want as clean of a prospect as you can get up high. And that game is a slight blemish. 

Josh Allen had the Iowa game, Lamar Jackson had the Clemson game or the Bowl Game, Jordan Love had a few. It's what, no offense, limited-view people, in here as well, have been clinging to as an argument against them as prospects. Of course, in the grand scheme of things, it meant nothing and for good reason, some of them were just pure examples of good players with bad supporting casts getting mismatched against much tougher opponents, some of them were just bad games . They happen, 20-something-year-olds are not supposed to have hit their ceilings yet. There is something terribly wrong with wanting or expecting your franchise QB to have peaked in college.

So, yes, holding a poor performance against a college prospect as if it could taint all the good and great he displayed so far, including in that game and plenty of it, from poise, to commanding the offense both pre and post snap, serious NFL arm talent, decision-making or athletic ability, is just nonsense.

And seriously, man, I get standing up for Levis, God knows there aren't a lot of people doing that, but not everything revolves around him. If Levis was showing at least 75% of the things Ward did in that game against NFL competition, and he'd also be responsible for three turnovers, you can bet I'd cry tears of joy and excitement.

21 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Josh Allen had the Iowa game, Lamar Jackson had the Clemson game or the Bowl Game, Jordan Love had a few. It's what, no offense, limited-view people, in here as well, have been clinging to as an argument against them as prospects. Of course, in the grand scheme of things, it meant nothing and for good reason, some of them were just pure examples of good players with bad supporting casts getting mismatched against much tougher opponents, some of them were just bad games . They happen, 20-something-year-olds are not supposed to have hit their ceilings yet. There is something terribly wrong with wanting or expecting your franchise QB to have peaked in college.

So, yes, holding a poor performance against a college prospect as if it could taint all the good and great he displayed so far, including in that game and plenty of it, from poise, to commanding the offense both pre and post snap, serious NFL arm talent, decision-making or athletic ability, is just nonsense.

And seriously, man, I get standing up for Levis, God knows there aren't a lot of people doing that, but not everything revolves around him. If Levis was showing at least 75% of the things Ward did in that game against NFL competition, and he'd also be responsible for three turnovers, you can bet I'd cry tears of joy and excitement.

It's not defending Levis. There is not defense of Levis in anything I'm saying. 

It's looking at it with the same lens. If we as fans aren't thrilled with turnovers then why wouldn't we not be thrilled with a college prospect doing it in a game. 

I don't care if he throws for 500 yards and 7 TDs. If a player ever shows that he be is good for a pick 6 a game and that loses the game. It's not going to be cool. Like we have seen with Levis. 

Winston throws for 30 TDs in a season. Excellent!  But 30 INTs to go a long with that isn't. 

You are acting like I'm ripping Cam. I didn't like the turnovers. Is that a problem?

I can love everything about Mahomes but not like a certain part of his game. It doesn't dismiss all the positives. 

I can not like my first viewing of Cam Ward with 100% gusto. But it doesn't take away from the great throws he made (that I repeatedly mentioned). 

I can not like how he played against tougher competition and still love the prospect. It's not a black and white thing. 

If you think a poor performance on the biggest stage can't hurt a player you haven't paid attention to evaluations in all of draft history. To me that....is nonsense. 

CJ Stroud's performance in that playoff game almost single handlely changed the opinions of so many. 

Winning changes everything. If Miami loses. You don't think fans would point to the 3 turnovers and 21 points as a result of those?

But make sure it's clear. So it can't be twisted. 

Cam Ward is a NFL QB. He made great throws. Showed so many excellent things. Key drives. 

But he also had 3 turnovers that led to 21 points. 

My first time seeing him in full game situation. I enjoyed the good things.  Some other things that I didn't.  End 

I’ll take Milroe. Not a finished product, but he’s continuing to improve and his physical tools are elite. Would you have to play to his strengths as he is now? Yeah, but if you aren’t willing to change your offense to suit the players you can get, what are you doing?

I still wanna see Ward against somebody good.

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

It's not defending Levis. There is not defense of Levis in anything I'm saying. 

It's looking at it with the same lens. If we as fans aren't thrilled with turnovers then why wouldn't we not be thrilled with a college prospect doing it in a game. 

I don't care if he throws for 500 yards and 7 TDs. If a player ever shows that he be is good for a pick 6 a game and that loses the game. It's not going to be cool. Like we have seen with Levis. 

Winston throws for 30 TDs in a season. Excellent!  But 30 INTs to go a long with that isn't. 

You are acting like I'm ripping Cam. I didn't like the turnovers. Is that a problem?

I can love everything about Mahomes but not like a certain part of his game. It doesn't dismiss all the positives. 

I can not like my first viewing of Cam Ward with 100% gusto. But it doesn't take away from the great throws he made (that I repeatedly mentioned). 

I can not like how he played against tougher competition and still love the prospect. It's not a black and white thing. 

If you think a poor performance on the biggest stage can't hurt a player you haven't paid attention to evaluations in all of draft history. To me that....is nonsense. 

CJ Stroud's performance in that playoff game almost single handlely changed the opinions of so many. 

Winning changes everything. If Miami loses. You don't think fans would point to the 3 turnovers and 21 points as a result of those?

But make sure it's clear. So it can't be twisted. 

Cam Ward is a NFL QB. He made great throws. Showed so many excellent things. Key drives. 

But he also had 3 turnovers that led to 21 points. 

My first time seeing him in full game situation. I enjoyed the good things.  Some other things that I didn't.  End 

Then why bring up Lewis in the first place? You're comparing a college senior to a second-year NFL player and how media or twitter or whoever treat them. If you don't think they each need to be graded on a curve, not sure what else I can add there. But Lewis has no business being brought up to begin with, is my point.

Cam Ward is definitely not good for a pick 6 a game. His worst statistical season regarding INTs is 2021, 10 in 13 games and INT rate of 1.6%. He also threw for 47 TDs with a 4.7 TD:INT ratio. Those are truly great numbers, no matter how you feel like looking at it. Jameis Winston, for comparison, threw for 18 INTs his final college year, 1.4 TD:INT and 3.9% Int rate. 

My issue, if we even want to call it that, I was just trying to make a point, is that you made all the great stuff you now bring up the afterthought and the turnovers the main headline. I have no issue whatsoever if you want to like Cam Ward or not, I'm just arguing doing so on a single-game analysis is not smart at all, especially if you seem to do see his talent and skills.

Also, I do not care where he will end up getting drafted. I'm willing to bet it's top 5 or top 10 at worst, even if he puts up another similar game or two, but in the end I do not really care. I wasn't talking about his Draft stock being affected.

2 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Then why bring up Lewis in the first place? You're comparing a college senior to a second-year NFL player and how media or twitter or whoever treat them. If you don't think they each need to be graded on a curve, not sure what else I can add there. But Lewis has no business being brought up to begin with, is my point.

Cam Ward is definitely not good for a pick 6 a game. His worst statistical season regarding INTs is 2021, 10 in 13 games and INT rate of 1.6%. He also threw for 47 TDs with a 4.7 TD:INT ratio. Those are truly great numbers, no matter how you feel like looking at it. Jameis Winston, for comparison, threw for 18 INTs his final college year, 1.4 TD:INT and 3.9% Int rate. 

My issue, if we even want to call it that, I was just trying to make a point, is that you made all the great stuff you now bring up the afterthought and the turnovers the main headline. I have no issue whatsoever if you want to like Cam Ward or not, I'm just arguing doing so on a single-game analysis is not smart at all, especially if you seem to do see his talent and skills.

Also, I do not care where he will end up getting drafted. I'm willing to bet it's top 5 or top 10 at worst, even if he puts up another similar game or two, but in the end I do not really care. I wasn't talking about his Draft stock being affected.

If we don't like turnovers from Levis. We won't like turnovers from ANY prospect. It's using a situation we are currently going through as a reference. Take Levis name out and insert Bryce Young, Bo Nix or whoever. If a fan base hates the turnovers of a player. And we bring in anyone (Cam. Sanders, Beck or whoever)that have hints of turnovers that could possibly negatively impact the outcome, then we are jumping into one fire to another fire. Point. 

I'm not saying Cam is good for a pick 6. It was a generalization of the point of not liking turnovers from ANY prospect. Regardless of their statistical game as whole. Point. 

As I said. With it being the first game seeing him. The first impression left some things to be desired. It by no means declares him a terrible prospect. Point. 

When a player only plays a certain amount of games vs. Top competition. It makes a difference if 1 of them wasn't the best. Evaluators routinely say they don't watch or pay much attention to the games vs. the cupcakes. The games vs the best matter. So if they don't play their best or if they do play their best. Then it impacts how they are viewed. Point. 

Those are my points. 

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

If we don't like turnovers from Levis. We won't like turnovers from ANY prospect. It's using a situation we are currently going through as a reference. Take Levis name out and insert Bryce Young, Bo Nix or whoever. If a fan base hates the turnovers of a player. And we bring in anyone (Cam. Sanders, Beck or whoever)that have hints of turnovers that could possibly negatively impact the outcome, then we are jumping into one fire to another fire. Point. 

I'm not saying Cam is good for a pick 6. It was a generalization of the point of not liking turnovers from ANY prospect. Regardless of their statistical game as whole. Point. 

As I said. With it being the first game seeing him. The first impression left some things to be desired. It by no means declares him a terrible prospect. Point. 

When a player only plays a certain amount of games vs. Top competition. It makes a difference if 1 of them wasn't the best. Evaluators routinely say they don't watch or pay much attention to the games vs. the cupcakes. The games vs the best matter. So if they don't play their best or if they do play their best. Then it impacts how they are viewed. Point. 

Those are my points. 

Will Levis' college INT rate as a starter is 3.6%. Cam Ward's worst college season Int rate is 1.8%. For the record, his current Int rate for the season is 2.5%, but it's still not even remotely comparable. So no, no point whatsoever. Will Levis is also not a prospect. He's a second-year NFL player.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I’ll take Milroe. Not a finished product, but he’s continuing to improve and his physical tools are elite. Would you have to play to his strengths as he is now? Yeah, but if you aren’t willing to change your offense to suit the players you can get, what are you doing?

I still wanna see Ward against somebody good.

i mean, that *sort of* was ward against somebody good. VT has nfl talent all over that defense- they were a trendy preseason dark horse ACC title contender, their d-line was on a lot of preseason top unit lists, i think a lot of people were expecting that that friday night matchup would be a ranked one. and then VT proceeded to **** the bed week 1 and things unraveled a bit. but that defense might be the most talented one miami faces for a hot minute. i don't think anyone over the past season and change has given miami's OL as much trouble as they did, including the clemsons and a&ms and floridas of the world, weak as they might be these days.

having said that, yeah, their offense will have a significant talent advantage over every defense they play in the regular season from here on out except for florida state, which is.....doing what it's doing. it'll be up to them not to implode (a tall task for any miami team lol) and then maybe we'll see what they look like against clemson in the ACC championship game, and hopefully a playoff matchup.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

Will Levis' college INT rate as a starter is 3.6%. Cam Ward's worst college season Int rate is 1.8%. For the record, his current Int rate for the season is 2.5%, but it's still not even remotely comparable. So no, no point whatsoever. Will Levis is also not a prospect. He's a second-year NFL player.

Ok. 👍🏾

• Like 1

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

i mean, that *sort of* was ward against somebody good. VT has nfl talent all over that defense- they were a trendy preseason dark horse ACC title contender, their d-line was on a lot of preseason top unit lists, i think a lot of people were expecting that that friday night matchup would be a ranked one. and then VT proceeded to **** the bed week 1 and things unraveled a bit. but that defense might be the most talented one miami faces for a hot minute. i don't think anyone over the past season and change has given miami's OL as much trouble as they did, including the clemsons and a&ms and floridas of the world, weak as they might be these days.

having said that, yeah, their offense will have a significant talent advantage over every defense they play in the regular season from here on out except for florida state, which is.....doing what it's doing. it'll be up to them not to implode (a tall task for any miami team lol) and then maybe we'll see what they look like against clemson in the ACC championship game, and hopefully a playoff matchup.

Good to know. Not so good to know after I didn’t watch it.

ACC seems weak this year, but a championship game with Klubnik vs. Ward would be fantastic.

I am still holding out some hope for Klubnik, and maybe a little for Sanders and Allar, but it’s really starting to look to me like this class is Milroe, Ward, and a bunch of quality backups.

Any dark horses out there other than the Maryland kid?

I like the idea of Milroe. But it would call for an offensive change in scheme.

Maybe Milroe is better at some things he isn't asked to do in college. But you draft him. You want to run him. 

Can we do it efficiently and keep him healthy while doing it.