Opening Night GDT 9/5: Baltimore Ravens @ Kansas City Chiefs

Chiefer

Just now, wackywabbit said:

I mean who cares? There's nothing new Lamar needs to show or nothing insightful to pundit on 7 years in. Lamar is good enough to keep an offense in a game against the leagues best even with major issues elsewhere on his side. If Lamar stays healthy it's a near lock the Ravens will be back in the playoffs. His highend game is elite. Some inconsistencies are there for almost everyone. I don't need anything more to be happy at QB.

We’re in a game day thread…talking about the game. If that upsets you, you know where to go.

Just now, wackywabbit said:

We’re in a game day thread…talking about the talking about the game. If that upsets you, you know where to go.

You responded to me talking about today’s game with “yeah but who cares”, lol. Let’s not talk about the QB missing guys on a game losing drive, because who cares amirite he’s still good others time (just not when it counts?).

12 minutes ago, Soko said:

You responded to me talking about today’s game with “yeah but who cares”, lol. Let’s not talk about the QB missing guys on a game losing drive, because who cares amirite he’s still good others time (just not when it counts?).

Yes. I said "Yea, but who cares" - to it being anything dramatically revelatory about Lamar. We saw him drive the team from their own 13, under 2 minutes with no timeouts to deliver a pass that was a toe away from tying the game, right? It's week one and there is too much data already out there for Lamar any strong new insight.

I would have agreed to "Yea, but who cares" if he had another dominant 5 TD perfect passer rating game. We all know nobody would have said it meant that much in a regular season game.

I would love to hear your definition of "when it counts" though? Did this regular season game count only because they lost?

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I would love to hear your definition of "when it counts" though? Did this regular season game count only because they lost?

Posted before the GLD:

1 hour ago, Soko said:

Well, it’s not the postseason, but here’s a chance for Lamar to show us he can get it done in these pure passing situations. It’s a “big moment”, even if not the playoffs, I think.