NYRaider

Who ya got?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Winner

• Raiders
    • Chargers

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

I see a winner and a loser. 

Why do you support losers with so much zeal?

Jimmy is 43-20 as a starter with a Super Bowl appearance. He went .500 here which is probably the best win % of any starting QB here in decades.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jimmy is 43-20 as a starter with a Super Bowl appearance. He went .500 here which is probably the best win % of any starting QB here in decades.

So he's as big a choker at being a Superbowl QB as you are for him?

9 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Nah bruh, you weren't that benign about it. You were pretty rigid in your approval and admiration for whatever the "Patriot Way" was, no matter how many times it was pointed out that it wasn't just a simple copy and paste job and nothing they were actually doing remotely resembled what Bill did. 

Naw.... you all just wanted to run with a narrative because I said you hired the Patriot Way, you have to let the Patriot way take shape which takes time. Pretty clear I was in the Harbaugh camp with several other candidates getting the job. I couldn't care less about the Patriot way outside once you adopt it, you have to let that culture be created less you just throw it all away early. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

AOC had the same win % last year and he played more games and was a Rookie.

His trolling is gettin out of hand @NickButera - every topic is full of that ****.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Naw.... you all just wanted to run with a narrative because I said you hired the Patriot Way, you have to let the Patriot way take shape which takes time. Pretty clear I was in the Harbaugh camp with several other candidates getting the job. I couldn't care less about the Patriot way outside once you adopt it, you have to let that culture be created less you just throw it all away early. 

'Got it..... So you are among the Raider fans who hate that the Patriot way came to Vegas and that is where your vitriol comes from. At least I know what I am dealing with now"

"Why is everything so black and white with you?

The Patriot way, as defined by players preaches accountability and placing a strong emphasis on doing your job. Practicing and playing with as much mental energy as physical.

So yes, in theory, I fully support this idea. And it's why the leaders have bought into the coaches. 

That said one can support the staff and want to see if their vision works, while also acknowledging areas they may not agree with"

"Guys like you and @ronjon1990 hated the hire from day 1 and want to bash it regardless of reason because you simply don't like the man or the Patriot way of running a team."

"Patriot way guy . . . he will suck if I'm to believe everything I'm told here."

"This is nothing but speculation fueled by your disscontempt for the Patriot Way. Most of it complete nonsense."

"I'd rather strike out trying the patriot way west than another celebrity or retread coach"

"There is good and bad in everything.... but the anti-Patriot way guys are insufferable."

Bro, no. GTFOH. Literally any time someone foretold exactly what would happen, you ran to their defense.

Any time someone criticized the blatantly obvious, you deemed them insufferable crybabies instead of reflecting on the blatantly obvious facts and either shutting up or accepting "the way" wasn't gonna work. 

Any time something leaked about the locker room being unhappy or there being dysfunction, you jumped at the opportunity to say it's hogwash pushed by "anti-Patriot Way" people. 

People who laid out in damn near minute by minute detail how this would go (and were right about it) were simple minded troglodytes who blindly hated McDaniels and the Patriots and there was absolutely nothing beyond that surface level in terms of substance. 

Naw dude, I pulled back on you last year once you came around to admitting there wasn't any hope of you being proven right. But don't be a wet noodle now. Don't paint some revisionist bs about how you were just preaching temperance and patience. You can deny it all you want, but it was clear as day last year you were, at best, riding the fence but hoping  McDaniels pulled it off so you could gloat about being right and the haters being moronic dunces who couldn't actually formulate a thought. 

Take the L and move on, dude. It's too easy to go back and pull even more nonsensical defenses of McDaniels and attacks you made on anyone who dared to criticize him. It's 2024 and the internet is a thing. 

18 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

His trolling is gettin out of hand @NickButera - every topic is full of that ****.

While I concur with the sentiment....

He's not posting anything that isn't, at the very least, factual. At least in regard to Jimmy G. 

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He went .500 here which is probably the best win % of any starting QB here in decades.

By that sentiment O'Connell, went .500, has had the best QB record here in decades too. 

If you want to judge a QB on his record in 6 games it's a perfectly valid opinion. It just seems very limited and narrow in scope. Doesn't even come close to telling the whole story. I don't think you could find a person on earth who would argue Jimmy is a good QB right now. There's a reason his stint with ours is probably the last starting gig he'll ever get. What the 49ers did is really not very indicative of Jimmy. Since we're years away from even becoming close to what the 49ers are as a team...and that's even if we had all the luck in the world. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

'Got it..... So you are among the Raider fans who hate that the Patriot way came to Vegas and that is where your vitriol comes from. At least I know what I am dealing with now"

"Why is everything so black and white with you?

The Patriot way, as defined by players preaches accountability and placing a strong emphasis on doing your job. Practicing and playing with as much mental energy as physical.

So yes, in theory, I fully support this idea. And it's why the leaders have bought into the coaches. 

That said one can support the staff and want to see if their vision works, while also acknowledging areas they may not agree with"

"Guys like you and @ronjon1990 hated the hire from day 1 and want to bash it regardless of reason because you simply don't like the man or the Patriot way of running a team."

"Patriot way guy . . . he will suck if I'm to believe everything I'm told here."

"This is nothing but speculation fueled by your disscontempt for the Patriot Way. Most of it complete nonsense."

"I'd rather strike out trying the patriot way west than another celebrity or retread coach"

"There is good and bad in everything.... but the anti-Patriot way guys are insufferable."

Bro, no. GTFOH. Literally any time someone foretold exactly what would happen, you ran to their defense.

Any time someone criticized the blatantly obvious, you deemed them insufferable crybabies instead of reflecting on the blatantly obvious facts and either shutting up or accepting "the way" wasn't gonna work. 

Any time something leaked about the locker room being unhappy or there being dysfunction, you jumped at the opportunity to say it's hogwash pushed by "anti-Patriot Way" people. 

People who laid out in damn near minute by minute detail how this would go (and were right about it) were simple minded troglodytes who blindly hated McDaniels and the Patriots and there was absolutely nothing beyond that surface level in terms of substance. 

Naw dude, I pulled back on you last year once you came around to admitting there wasn't any hope of you being proven right. But don't be a wet noodle now. Don't paint some revisionist bs about how you were just preaching temperance and patience. You can deny it all you want, but it was clear as day last year you were, at best, riding the fence but hoping  McDaniels pulled it off so you could gloat about being right and the haters being moronic dunces who couldn't actually formulate a thought. 

Take the L and move on, dude. It's too easy to go back and pull even more nonsensical defenses of McDaniels and attacks you made on anyone who dared to criticize him. It's 2024 and the internet is a thing. 

Lol.... you think this is defense? Because I was saying be patient because guys like you wanted to bash the hire from day 1. Hell, you still can't give Patrick Graham his due because you have such a vendetta.

And damn right I was hoping McDaniels could pull it off, because I want the team to stop recycling coaches every 2-3 years. I don't like AP, but sure hope he can pull it off for the same reasons. 

I'm never one to gloat or care about "being right" to a bunch of strangers on the internet, sorry. So you miss me with that. I;m quick to point out my own misses. I don't possess the ego some do around here to care about such trivial things. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Styrian Raider said:

That's not trolling. Trolling is other things like creating stories to incite reactions, one word sarcastic responses to anger others, etc. Purposefully agitating others without regard to conversation. That's what I look for. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NickButera said:

That's not trolling. Trolling is other things like creating stories to incite reactions, one word sarcastic responses to anger others, etc. Purposefully agitating others without regard to conversation. That's what I look for. 

I don't how a discussion about Jimmy G is in regard with the Chargers game, but okay, I get it.

43 minutes ago, NickButera said:

The consistent narrative is he’s trashing the team in every thread

58 minutes ago, NickButera said:

By that sentiment O'Connell, went .500, has had the best QB record here in decades too. 

If you want to judge a QB on his record in 6 games it's a perfectly valid opinion. It just seems very limited and narrow in scope. Doesn't even come close to telling the whole story. I don't think you could find a person on earth who would argue Jimmy is a good QB right now. There's a reason his stint with ours is probably the last starting gig he'll ever get. What the 49ers did is really not very indicative of Jimmy. Since we're years away from even becoming close to what the 49ers are as a team...and that's even if we had all the luck in the world. 

Had to be the biggest carry job since the Ravens and Dilfer. 

I'm not shocked Jimmy didn't pan out here. I'm still a little shocked at how fast he went from hot commodity to perennial QB2 at best, though. You're spot in that he probably never sniffs a starting gig again, which is fair based on his play and ability. Hard to not look at think "what if the injuries never piled up". 

Just 3 or 4 years ago, I would've bet Jimmy G was a locked in starter for another 7 or 8 years at minimum, albeit not a top 10 QB, but at least around the low 20's. Now, I wouldn't be shocked if he wasn't even kept around on an active roster.