The Week 1 Gameday Thread: Commanders @ Bucs - 4:30 PM on Fox, Sunday (GIF Theme Hook)

MikeT14

GIF theme  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What's the gif theme this week?

• Black Sails
    • Pirates of the Caribbean
    • One Piece
    • Pirates of Dark Water
    • Hook
    • Captain Phillips

Just now, BigTimeRedskins said:

I expected competent football like we had week one last year. Like, we actually looked decent last year against Arizona. Hell, we even looked decent against Jacksonville with Carson Wentz in 2022.

Arizona was an awful football team last year. Today we are playing a playoff team from last year who smoked the Eagles in the wild card last year and nearly made the NFC Championship game. 

That’s a huge difference. I can’t believe anyone in this fanbase actually thought we were going to go on the road and beat the Bucs. Anyone who thought that was being a total blind homer.

• Like 1

I can’t get excited about a coach who doesn’t understand when to go for two or who punts the ball down two scores at midfield in the 4th quarter. These are all the same things Rivera did. The parallels to Rivera from Quinn are startling. It’s why I really disliked the hire. Of course I hope it works out but I think we just replaced Rivera with Rivera and by the end of year two we’ll all know it. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Fully functional is one thing. Giving up 6 incompletions all game, allowing a 3rd and 17 and letting players just run free in your defensive backfield is not part of rebuilding. They specifically hired a defensive-minded headcoach and we just got absolutely torched. There were better options out there besides Quinn and they got caught up in the rah rah crap. 

I'm too lazy to look up statistics, but I think this part of your argument is going to be very false. There are good teams that have players running free in their secondaries. We have been a constant for terrible defense and making every game the opposing QB's get right game.

Again, it won't always be bad, but you have to take the lumps to improve. This is a good measuring stick for those talking about playoffs before the season. Get used to being the worse team on the field, it will happen a lot. When they start to gel, things will improve. When our OC and DC get more familiar with the players strengths and get more tape on the offenses/defenses we are going against, the game-planning should improve.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Arizona was an awful football team last year. Today we are playing a playoff team from last year who smoked the Eagles in the wild card last year and nearly made the NFC Championship game. 

That’s a huge difference. I can’t believe anyone in this fanbase actually thought we were going to go on the road and beat the Bucs. Anyone who thought that was being a total blind homer.

Again, I expected competent football, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Instead, we got whatever the hell that was from Dan Quinn. If this same crap happens next week against the Giants, Quinn needs to be on the hot seat.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I can’t get excited about a coach who doesn’t understand when to go for two or who punts the ball down two scores at midfield in the 4th quarter. These are all the same things Rivera did. The parallels to Rivera from Quinn are startling. It’s why I really disliked the hire. Of course I hope it works out but I think we just replaced Rivera with Rivera and by the end of year two we’ll all know it. 

Quinn is an "old school" coach.