The Week 1 Gameday Thread: Commanders @ Bucs - 4:30 PM on Fox, Sunday (GIF Theme Hook)

MikeT14

GIF theme  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What's the gif theme this week?

• Black Sails
    • Pirates of the Caribbean
    • One Piece
    • Pirates of Dark Water
    • Hook
    • Captain Phillips

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Cornelius Lucas and Andrew Wylie are starting. What did he do to improve the OL? 

Biasdaz Alleghtti and drafted Coleman. Again. Not nothing. We’re playing ring around the rosey with this conversation again. I’m moving on and going back to the game 

1 minute ago, Vladimir L said:

Considering our rushers are no name we have gotten good pressure but we just can’t cover on the back end 

I disagree, Fowler, Armstrong & our DTs are known. Also Ferrell was the 4th pick in the draft even if he hasn’t lived up to that hype.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

That isn't true. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

I said before he didn’t have a good offseason. The talking heads loved it but he left a lot of important positions as major question marks. This is going to be a very bad team and that’s on Peter’s to some degree. We had a ton of cap space and there was some good talent out there and we scrapped from the bottom of the barrel again. It was a very Rivera-esque offseason. 

My gut take on Peters is that he’s a good talent evaluator but doesn’t really yet understand the intricacies of building a roster.

An offseason where you hit RB, TE, IOL, DT, LB, S, and nickel — while mostly ignoring OT, WR, DE, and outside CB — does not speak to an advanced understanding of the modern NFL talent acquisition markets. 

The league will let you get solid deals on solid players at those positions, because by and large the teams don’t believe those positions matter that much. They’re the easy ones to fill, and it feels a little like Peters was the guy taking a great TE and QB early in fantasy draft — but leaving big holes at the premium positions. 

• Like 1