The Week 1 Gameday Thread: Commanders @ Bucs - 4:30 PM on Fox, Sunday (GIF Theme Hook)

MikeT14

GIF theme  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What's the gif theme this week?

• Black Sails
    • Pirates of the Caribbean
    • One Piece
    • Pirates of Dark Water
    • Hook
    • Captain Phillips

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Was he apparently hurt, or did he get benched?  I guess it depends on when it happened. 

Looked very clear like he was pulled from the field and Noah I. took his spot for the rest of the game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vladimir L said:

I get what you are saying you rather develop player or find diamonds in the rough 

however we know Forbes isn’t any good 

He was drafted in the first round.  No new regime is going to let a player go with that pedigree after one season, in a lame duck coaching season, where he was coached by what amounts to a HS coach. 

Now, was he overdrafted?  Absolutely.  He should’ve been a second or third rounder, but we have seen the exact same player archetype succeed right in front of our eyes in Fred Smoot.  

9 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

How bad was he today? 

To misquote Charles Barkley he was "terri-bad"

Had a PI flag BECAUSE he yanked on the receivers helmet to prevent him getting open at the 5 yard line. So they called not only PI but a facemask penalty. 

And pretty much any time there was a big play for their WRs good 'ole #13 was there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

He was drafted in the first round.  No new regime is going to let a player go with that pedigree after one season, in a lame duck coaching season, where he was coached by what amounts to a HS coach. 

Jahan Dotson says Hi.

• Like 1

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

To misquote Charles Barkley he was "terri-bad"

Had a PI flag BECAUSE he yanked on the receivers helmet to prevent him getting open at the 5 yard line. So they called not only PI but a facemask penalty. 

And pretty much any time there was a big play for their WRs good 'ole #13 was there.

Charles Barkley Golf GIF by NBA on TNT

• Like 1

BTW - maybe it's just how my mind works but I tend to notice these things year after year no matter who is coaching our team.

Go back and watch the game. 

Notice pretty much every time we run a screen, it either gets blown up for no gain or we get a very minimal 2-3yard gain.

But on defense, when the opposing team runs a screen it goes for 10,20+ yards.

We never seem to be able to do what we're supposed to do on either side of the ball when it comes to screens.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

BTW - maybe it's just how my mind works but I tend to notice these things year after year no matter who is coaching our team.

Go back and watch the game. 

Notice pretty much every time we run a screen, it either gets blown up for no gain or we get a very minimal 2-3yard gain.

But on defense, when the opposing team runs a screen it goes for 10,20+ yards.

We never seem to be able to do what we're supposed to do on either side of the ball when it comes to screens.

It is because, by and large, our coaches have not been able to successfully develop talent.  We’ve also had the stink of Dan Snyder over us, so players are coming here to rebuild value on prove-it deals, or just came here to get paid.  The culture has flat out sucked since Joe Gibbs.  

Hopefully this is the last year of seeing stuff like this as we elevate things all around the roster, and off the field as well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Two years is a little different.  I’d also say that Dotson coming in and not giving 100%, if the reports are right, is different than Forbes coming in with more upper body mass/muscle.  

Seems like Dotson got out at the right time cause this coaching staff has no idea what they’re doing 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Now, was he overdrafted?  Absolutely.  He should’ve been a second or third rounder, but we have seen the exact same player archetype succeed right in front of our eyes in Fred Smoot.  

You have got to stop this dude. Smoot was a monster in college. He was the best pure cover corner in his class. Forbes was a ballhawk that we drafted to take the ball away. They let a much better cover corner pass by so they could manufacture turnovers. 

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Seems like Dotson got out at the right time cause this coaching staff has no idea what they’re doing 

I mean, probably.  He ended up in a pretty good situation, and probably doesn’t really have to relocate much of his life.  

We’re definitely overreacting after our first game though.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

We’re definitely overreacting after our first game though.  

Apparently we were expecting to compete for the playoffs, division crown, or the SB with our roster as assembled.

It's not like we were 4-12 last year, with a historically bad defense and the worst run organization as voted on by the players. 

One game and it's time to pull the plug on the whole operation. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Apparently we were expecting to compete for the playoffs, division crown, or the SB with our roster as assembled.

It's not like we were 4-12 last year, with a historically bad defense and the worst run organization as voted on by the players. 

One game and it's time to pull the plug on the whole operation. 

Agreed 110%.  This kind of reset, with a competent front office, was much needed.  This is the way an NFL team should be operating now.  20 years of bad management and horrible culture needs to be reset, and it wasn’t happening overnight. 

• Like 2