The Week 1 Gameday Thread: Commanders @ Bucs - 4:30 PM on Fox, Sunday (GIF Theme Hook)

MikeT14

GIF theme  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What's the gif theme this week?

• Black Sails
    • Pirates of the Caribbean
    • One Piece
    • Pirates of Dark Water
    • Hook
    • Captain Phillips

34 minutes ago, 4209 said:

I have confidence in Peters and the coaching staff. Just look at the mess they encounter when they came here. It's just one game and people are already to abandon ship. Yes I was not happy with the results but this is a complete overhaul. Players are learning a new system and responsibilities.  It will take time to get the players Peters want for his coach.  For example Wagner looked slow at times and I am sure  he and so others are just a temporary fix so this is rebuild. Some here are talking about Quinn wasn't the best hire well thats still debatable but lets pump the brakes that. I feel your frustration but  many are forgetting we did get one of the best talent evaluator in football (Peters) and I am sure in due time he will add the right players we need and fix this whole mess he walked into. Bottom line we need to be patient and I believe we will gradually get better as the season goes on. 

Good post! 

As rough as the game was yesterday, it's a necessary hurdle for the team to find their resolve and improve. Both sides of the ball had very rough moments. There were some bright spots, but far outweighed by the bad. 

We are playing our first home game next week against the Giants. That should be another measuring stick game. Both us and the Giants were the bottom the NFC East. If we get blown out by the Giants, we can really start to worry, but I think we are trending in the right direction.

• Like 1

I liked how JD looked. Bucs were not giving him much to work with, great Defense (that THUMPED EVERONY at the end of last year). That being said - 

1) Defense is god awful

2) Kliff did not call a good game, run the ball more - then open up PA, with JD's legs we should be HAMMERING the play action

3) DQ needs better in game awareness

14 hours ago, mar29020 said:

i feel like i am reliving RG3. He will not last at this rate. Looks very justin fields like which is not encouraging. 

I feel like I'm living in crazy land when I'm now the one defending Jayden Daniels. With that said, I loved his performance yesterday. He didn't sit around waiting to get sacked. Yes, he left some yards out there when receivers were open but that will come with time as he learns to trust his arm more. He didn't turn the ball over. He seemed to make the correct reads most of the time but he did miss some throws. At the end of the day I still think the pick should've been Maye but I'm very encouraged by what I saw yesterday. There wasn't a lot of rookie mistakes. 

• Like 3

This upcoming Giants game, will tell me how this season is going to go.

Are we progressing with a *new* everything?

Or is it the same **** we see every year?

Daniel Jones W-L record against Washington is 5-1-1 and 18-37 against the rest of the league.

If you have Nabers on your Fantasy Team? I would probably start him. That's for sure.

I'm going back to not watching the games now, till I see different results. (Superstitions in full game mode now)

I'm feeling really stupid, thinking this team could win 11 games.

I hoping they fix this mess & fix it quickly. 

Interesting snap counts from Week 1: 

- lucas played 76% of snaps at LT compared to Coleman's 24%

- WRs: McLaurin (81%), McCaffrey (61%), Brown (56%), Zaccheaus (44%), Crowder (5%)

- TE Sinnott only played 22%

- HB Robinson 56% vs. Ekeler 53%

- BSJ played 100% of snaps on defense

- Sainristil was 95%. 

- Luvu played 92% of plays and had 1 tackle

- Percy Butler played 39% but Quan Martin (92%) and J Chinn (80%) rarely came off the field so they were running a bunch of 3 Safety sets. 

- Jamin Davis only played 20% of defensive snaps but from my eye made an impact when he was out there. 

• Like 1

If it wasn’t for Ertz and Ekeler there were no outlets to throw to, the one long pass JD missed. WR’s need to get open otherwise there will be 90% check downs for the next 16 games. I understand not getting BA since we’re far from competing but guys need to separate and give JD more options. 
Add CB/K play which just compounds things for this team. 
Offensive and Defensive Schemes work well when you have the players, as of right now, we don’t. 
Seems like we’ve been rebuilding since ‘92. 

9 hours ago, 4209 said:

I have confidence in Peters and the coaching staff. Just look at the mess they encounter when they came here. It's just one game and people are already to abandon ship. Yes I was not happy with the results but this is a complete overhaul. Players are learning a new system and responsibilities.  It will take time to get the players Peters want for his coach.  For example Wagner looked slow at times and I am sure  he and so others are just a temporary fix so this is rebuild. Some here are talking about Quinn wasn't the best hire well thats still debatable but lets pump the brakes that. I feel your frustration but  many are forgetting we did get one of the best talent evaluator in football (Peters) and I am sure in due time he will add the right players we need and fix this whole mess he walked into. Bottom line we need to be patient and I believe we will gradually get better as the season goes on. 

People are in denial about how really bad it was here, and what you need to do to get this team back on the winning path again.  Everyone sees some of the teams that turn things around easily, and want it to be that simple.  But look at how much of a powerhouse the Lions look.  That took three years before they were ready.  Take the time, and do it right. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

People are in denial about how really bad it was here, and what you need to do to get this team back on the winning path again.  Everyone sees some of the teams that turn things around easily, and want it to be that simple.  But look at how much of a powerhouse the Lions look.  That took three years before they were ready.  Take the time, and do it right. 

They also have an OC who lets his QB throw the ball more than 3 yards down the field...

4 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The Texans were a total train wreck and turned it around in 1 season.

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

The Texans were a total train wreck and turned it around in 1 season.

They also were in tank commander mode for a couple years during Jack Easterby’s end of tenure and the weird Lovie Smith year.  Also got a haul for Deshaun Watson which allowed them to pick two game-changers.  

This is what we get for being absolutely mid during the Rivera tenure. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

They also were in tank commander mode for a couple years during Jack Easterby’s end of tenure and the weird Lovie Smith year.  Also got a haul for Deshaun Watson which allowed them to pick two game-changers.  

This is what we get for being absolutely mid during the Rivera tenure. 

But others did it so it's the same.... lol. 

That win-now mindset is a killer man. Rivera forced that for 4 years. It's nice to see a staff and a F.O. try to build something for the long term rather than trying to "compete now". We'll be there in a couple years. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

PFF graded Jayden Daniels as our worst offensive player from Sunday....

I am not overly surprised I think. He missed some throws. Some of it is also on WRs not getting open. 

I haven't looked at O-Line scores, but I imagine most are in the 60s. Cosmi probably 70s.