Who Is The Best Defensive Coordinator (currently)

NYCRavensFlock

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

if Mike Macdonald still counts because he's calling plays for Seattle, then him. Otherwise I'd probably give it to Steve Spags.

I agree I'd say Steve Spags is up there for sure.  Jim Schwartz as well.

I’ll never see spags as a great D coordinator for all the times he’s fielded a aweful defense. To me he’s a not XOs genius or a innovator. He’s an opportunist who makes the most with what he has. His track record speaks for itself. But he’s the best when he has time to prepare. He gets hot when you want him the most(playoffs). But he’s not that guy and will never be. As a resentful Rams fan I despise him. But respect for what he did with the giants and a crappy chiefs D. To me guys like Vic Fangio will always be superior because of the track record to bolster amazing defenses thru out his career. 

for this year I’ll pick the Jaguars D, because I feel like they’ll have the best defense this year. I think guys like Raheem are great at extracting the most from his defense. Schwartz is ok, but he has a lot of hit or misses in his resume as well. I feel like he’s been on 12 teams thru out his career. I do love the Seattle guy as well. He has monster talent in Seattle I believe he can cook up a great scheme. They have studs all over that defense. He’s up there. 

On 9/11/2024 at 4:53 PM, Steelersfan43 said:

Spags is a great choice but Zimmer is also elite

Homer in me says Flores. But still respect Zimmer for taking the worst defense in football to a consistent top 5 in a short space. Just a shame that he's probably too old school to be a HC. Great DC though, although Sunday wasn't a great day for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scottish_Viking said:

Homer in me says Flores. But still respect Zimmer for taking the worst defense in football to a consistent top 5 in a short space. Just a shame that he's probably too old school to be a HC. Great DC though, although Sunday wasn't a great day for him.

True that Flores is elite....I would prefer that the steelers have Flores as DC over Austin since 2022

• Like 1