GB vs PHI : Post Game Recap

GHARMON9

I didn't watch the game last night for several reasons. One, I refuse to be bullied by the NFL to buy a subscription I don't want. Two, I was sure the Packers were going to lose. MLF won't play his starters in the preseason, so this was essentially the first preseason game for the youngest team in the league against a really good Philly team. It went as expected. Preseason game number 2 coming up. 

Note: I went to bed thinking the Pack would lose and with a premonition that there would be a significant injury. I woke up and....sheet. 

42 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Odds are if it were an ACL tear, the on-field test would have likely indicated that.  We've gotten pretty good at diagnosing torn ACL's.  The MRI is usually only there to confirm it.  I'm not a doctor, but my guess is a sprained knee and we're probably like 3-4 weeks from him being healthy.

Right. I'm guessing MCL and/or high ankle. Likely 2-5 weeks depending on severity. We have to hope it's closer to 2. Either way, we have a find a way to win a game or two while he's out. Not sure Willis can do that. We'll see. 

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Right. I'm guessing MCL and/or high ankle. Likely 2-5 weeks depending on severity. We have to hope it's closer to 2. Either way, we have a find a way to win a game or two while he's out. Not sure Willis can do that. We'll see. 

If Love cant go next week, think I'd rather have Clifford in at QB as opposed to Willis. I question how much of the playbook Willis has been able to absorb without any actual play time. It's not that I think Clifford will light the world on fire, but at least the complete offense can be implemented.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

If Love cant go next week, think I'd rather have Clifford in at QB as opposed to Willis. I question how much of the playbook Willis has been able to absorb without any actual play time. It's not that I think Clifford will light the world on fire, but at least the complete offense can be implemented.

If Love is out 4-6 weeks the smart move would be to go pay Tannehill if the Packers are serious about the season. That would be an uncharacteristic move for us, but if would give you the best chance to stay in the hunt early on. 

If it's closer to 1-2 weeks for Love, you just ride it out with what you have. If Love is done for the season you just tank it. 

The softest part of our schedule is the next few weeks. All winnable games. Not sure either Willis or Clifford can do it though. 

Just now, Leader said:

Ask me, that's a ridiculous travel requirement.

They are scheduled to land around 12. We'll probably get a leaked report on the expected injury by this evening I'm guessing.

37 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I didn't watch the game last night for several reasons. One, I refuse to be bullied by the NFL to buy a subscription I don't want. Two, I was sure the Packers were going to lose. MLF won't play his starters in the preseason, so this was essentially the first preseason game for the youngest team in the league against a really good Philly team. It went as expected. Preseason game number 2 coming up. 

Note: I went to bed thinking the Pack would lose and with a premonition that there would be a significant injury. I woke up and....sheet. 

I didn't fork over the $$ for Peacock either.  It looks like I didn't miss much.  I'm just glad this "home game" was taken away from Philly and not us.  It will really suck if Love's season is over.  😢

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

They are scheduled to land around 12. We'll probably get a leaked report on the expected injury by this evening I'm guessing.

Again...ridiculous travel requirements. You want to play games down near Antarctica, dont select a team that has to travel from/to Canada.

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

I didn't fork over the $$ for Peacock either.  It looks like I didn't miss much.  I'm just glad this "home game" was taken away from Philly and not us.  It will really suck if Love's season is over.  😢

I paid the one month $8.75 (with tax) for the month to month plan - which, since the Packers dont have any remaining games currently scheduled for Peacock exclusively, I'll cancel in a few days. So - I saw the game for a couple of bucks. No big deal.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I paid the one month $8.75 (with tax) for the month to month plan - which, since the Packers dont have any remaining games currently scheduled for Peacock exclusively, I'll cancel in a few days. So - I saw the game for a couple of bucks. No big deal.

I guess I don't like being bullied into paying extra to stream games.  It isn't the money but the principle for me.

• Like 2

It's 2024, 🏴‍☠️ is better than ever. 

Lots of players were cramping up, saw Love eating bananas and getting his calves worked on several times. The team wasn't quite ready for the heat/humidity and lack of real snaps all preseason hurt them down the stretch.

**** That field, and **** these international games. Can't wait for them to have play in the middle east for oil money in the near future. ****ING Goodell

• Like 2