Packers QB Jordan Love suffers knee injury

RaidersAreOne

Tom Pelissero @TomPelissero

Initial tests indicated Jordan Love’s ACL is intact. But there’s a wide range of outcomes based on additional scans, which will occur when the team gets back to Green Bay later today.

from what i've been reading, the ACL was the least likely ligament to be damaged.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There was a LOT of speculation that the "pop" seen was his ACL.

from what i read, an ACL pop would be forward and then retreat back. his was side and side enlargement and retreat.

but yeah i get it, everyone is out there diagnosing it early.

42 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I know right. It's almost like playing Defense in a Eagles uniform is a completely new concept for people after last season?

Go figure, like 31 other NFL teams they too might get crucial stops at times, limiting points? Wouldn't that be different! 🍿🍿🍿🍿

It has nothing to do with the Eagles, and I am not taking anything away from them, they won the game.  The Packers had way too many unforced errors that should have been ironed out before the start of the regular season.  Heck, the ref was losing his voice by the end of the game.  We didn't knock the rust off in preseason, and it showed last night. 

In the mean time, we have to wait to see what the time table for Love will be.  And then if it comes to it, see if we can turn Malik Willis into Dontrelle Willis instead of Willis Jackson.  I have zero interest in signing a guy like Tannehill.  If we are going to suck because of inadequate QB play, at least suck with a young player. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

In the mean time, we have to wait to see what the time table for Love will be.  And then if it comes to it, see if we can turn Malik Willis into Dontrelle Willis instead of Willis Jackson.  I have zero interest in signing a guy like Tannehill.  If we are going to suck because of inadequate QB play, at least suck with a young player. 

Yeah, but if Love is only out for a 6, 8, 10 weeks, then you have to stay afloat. Willis is cheeks.

If it’s the whole season, then yeah, Tannehill isn’t really a good plan.

41 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It has nothing to do with the Eagles, and I am not taking anything away from them, they won the game.  The Packers had way too many unforced errors that should have been ironed out before the start of the regular season.  Heck, the ref was losing his voice by the end of the game.  We didn't knock the rust off in preseason, and it showed last night

You're acting as though this doesn't apply as well to the Eagles? A team who played No one on offense in the Pre-season and only a select few on defense played a handful of snaps?

Fact is, the Eagles defense stepped up on those two short field TO's and held GB to 6pts, not two TD's. Stepped up and got a stop on a 2pt conversation from the 2 yd line. 

They were getting constant pressure on Love. Actually tackling (well sometimes) 😎, getting PDU's, forced a INT, forced arrant throws or it would of ended in sacks. All things the 2023 Eagles defense rarely did.

To imply it was all Packers and the Eagles defense did nothing to stop them, simply isn't true. That's all.

Edited by Nabbs4u

Just now, squire12 said:

Brady coming out of retirement and being QB for GB and leading them to a super bowl would be a crazy plot in the Rodgers - GB - Brady dynamic

The Brady rule is about players on the ground lunging at a QB's knees.

4 minutes ago, jofos said:

The Brady rule is about players on the ground lunging at a QB's knees.

It’s the same as blindside blocks - the keyword is “forcibly”. Carter wrapped up Love’s feet/knees, but it definitely didn’t seem “forcible”, and there was no lunging or rolling involved.

• Like 1

Just now, Soko said:

It’s the same as blindside blocks - the keyword is “forcibly”. Carter wrapped up Love’s feet/knees, but it definitely didn’t seem “forcible”, and there was no lunging or rolling involved.

Not saying it applies on this play just asking if it still exist.

1 minute ago, Soko said:

yeah, there was nothing in the Love situation that is close to the Brady rule of going low on a QB in the pocket

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jofos said:

Not saying it applies on this play just asking if it still exist.

Well yes, roughing the passer does still exist as does the clause about forcibly delivering contact/rolling/lunging into player’s knees (and below). 

29 minutes ago, Soko said:

27 minutes ago, squire12 said:

yeah, there was nothing in the Love situation that is close to the Brady rule of going low on a QB in the pocket

Yet there are idiot people of all Fan Bases who don't understand the difference? Unreal!!!  If this were Eagle fans sending these DM's, the backlash would be  ridiculous. 

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news-jalen-carter-dms-flooded-death-threats-eagles-dl-s-tackle-leaves-jordan-love-injured

Edited by Nabbs4u

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yet there are idiot people of all Fan Bases who don't understand the difference? Unreal!!!  If this were Eagle fans sending these DM's, the backlash would be  ridiculous. 

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news-jalen-carter-dms-flooded-death-threats-eagles-dl-s-tackle-leaves-jordan-love-injured

I mean, there are idiots in every fan base. Hell, forget fan bases, every group of every major [insert title here], has these idiots. Let’s not parade around like any fan base doesn’t have them, lol.

It ain’t right, but it’s expected.