Cold Winter Nights Mafia CIVS WIN

Dome

2 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Isn't it like your 2nd mafia game?

On here.  But how would you be able to use yoru ability if you are dead.  Just doesn't make sense, even if you do come back to life it still takes an action to do so.

3 minutes ago, MathMan said:

No, they should just not claim at all unless needed. And they shouldnt lie about their claim.

True, but if you are being pushed about your role, which a few were, claiming teenager at first is still better than claiming anything else.  Now if obviously if they got pushed and didn't change their story then either they really were a teanager or they were scum because changing to a PR claim at the last minute will still get you lynched.  They would need to make the decision to come out at least 2 hours before hand which would give plenty of time for a PR to counter them.  Thought hey would get to go 1-1 with the PR.

I think the biggest issue here is we really don't know the number of people that are in an other/scum role to begin with.  If we had something like a 15/3/2 count to start with then we could figure out that well the Alien is an other, then either the Werewolf or the Vampire were an other and the other being the scums.  Right now it could've been that it was X/2/1/1 where X is the Civs left, start off with 2 Werewolfs and 1 Vampire that could turn people and the Alien other.  But we really don't know.  Though thinking about it with the Alien kill mentioning the alert of the dangerous human technology, kind of sounds like Predator who might be looking to hunt the Werewolves and Vampires as well, though that's just a guess by drawing on movie culture.

2 minutes ago, LetTheBallFly said:

What does self watch really do. Would it just tell you someone is lurking? 

So you're trying to say you got a role that said 1-shot self watch, you didn't know what it meant, and so you assumed it didn't do anything... and that led you to say you didn't have a power?

1 minute ago, Raves said:

On here.  But how would you be able to use yoru ability if you are dead.  Just doesn't make sense, even if you do come back to life it still takes an action to do so.

True, but if you are being pushed about your role, which a few were, claiming teenager at first is still better than claiming anything else.  Now if obviously if they got pushed and didn't change their story then either they really were a teanager or they were scum because changing to a PR claim at the last minute will still get you lynched.  They would need to make the decision to come out at least 2 hours before hand which would give plenty of time for a PR to counter them.  Thought hey would get to go 1-1 with the PR.

I think the biggest issue here is we really don't know the number of people that are in an other/scum role to begin with.  If we had something like a 15/3/2 count to start with then we could figure out that well the Alien is an other, then either the Werewolf or the Vampire were an other and the other being the scums.  Right now it could've been that it was X/2/1/1 where X is the Civs left, start off with 2 Werewolfs and 1 Vampire that could turn people and the Alien other.  But we really don't know.  Though thinking about it with the Alien kill mentioning the alert of the dangerous human technology, kind of sounds like Predator who might be looking to hunt the Werewolves and Vampires as well, though that's just a guess by drawing on movie culture.

I’m with malf in that you shouldn’t lie about a claim

12 minutes ago, MathMan said:

I doubt there is going to be a role with less powers than the normie role

You can doubt it, but I can tell you that that's not the case.

5 minutes ago, MathMan said:

See. This thought process is a scum process 

"Who is the next likely lynch that doesnt involve mafia"

2 minutes ago, MathMan said:

Also, by the way, you are clearly lurking, lbtf.

You popped in right when you were getting heat

These are both reasons why I think he's either been scum or a non-powered civ though the non-powered civ read could be thrown off as this is supposedly his 1st game of Mafia.  He's def on my radar of people to consider as scum, there is one other that I'm unsure of but I'm worried they are a PR and not wanting to call them out for that reason

4 minutes ago, Whicker said:

So you're trying to say you got a role that said 1-shot self watch, you didn't know what it meant, and so you assumed it didn't do anything... and that led you to say you didn't have a power?

Kind of yeah. 

To the one that asked if I asked Dome. I did, but still not sure how watching your self helps that much. Haven't used it yet. Was going to tonight though

Just now, LetTheBallFly said:

Kind of yeah. 

To the one that asked if I asked Dome. I did, but still not sure how watching your self helps that much. Haven't used it yet. Was going to tonight though

Okay, so dome cleared up what a selfwatch is.

Why did you think it could only detect lurkers?

3 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I’m with malf in that you shouldn’t lie about a claim

I understand both sides of it and I generally agree, though as a major PR like cop I would claim to be a generic civ if pushed instead of outing myself early, though obviously only one of those two could be.  I'm not against the idea of lynching a claimed teenager with no one better to go on, I just think that Malf is the better lynch and have since D1 and if I'm wrong I'm more than happy to admit it, but playing with him for the first time and in all the games I used to play back in the day, though more vanilla and through IRC so it was a Live game rather than a forum board over numerous days, things he's done always seemed scummy.

8 minutes ago, Raves said:

No I agree with you. I was just surprised since I assumed it was your second game and that was decent knowledge for a new guy (knowledge that I don't have as another new guy). Checked on the very violent mafia and I saw that you said it was your first game here. My bad.

Before the violent mafia I would have thought Tocuh, Malf and/or Whicker were looking for a scapegoat. But since I was wrong then, I need to think it over.

@MathMan when did ET claimed the teenager role?

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

though as a major PR like cop I would claim to be a generic civ if pushed instead of outing myself early,

Never claim if pushed 

Claim if you are on the brink of being lynched.

Trust me. Civs fakeclaiming has messed up many a game

Archived