BDL 2024 Week 1: Svalbard Miners @ Anchorage Aliens

RedGold

Who wins?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Svalbard Miners
    • Anchorage Trappers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/12/2024 at 04:59 AM

1 minute ago, Xmad said:

Legit couldn't decide both gameplans are really good and counter each other really well. I can see the Anchorage d-line taking over this game if this gets away from Svalbard but I don't see how it does with their gameplan...........27-24 Svalbard with the upset here. Anchorage gives a damn good effort and fantastic gameplan but I'll say Burrow slumping IRL and their weaker skill positions eek this out for Svalbard. 

half baked boo GIF

• Like 1

When you look at just the rosters alone, this might be the game of the week tbh.

Great job on the gameplans, both of you. Svalbard over there with the Steelers defensive line makes it hard to go against, they definitely have the superior WR group I think, however, I do think it's the defensive side that determines this. I actually see this as a rather low scoring defensive struggle. 17-14 Anchorage with a late game INT.

• Like 1

@SirA1 something I don't understand about your plan.

You say lake is the STAR vs 11 personnel but Curl is the conductor of the defense. So who subs out for Lake? Cashman? Branch or Peppers? Or is it indeed Curl?

EDIT: Oh nevermind it's one of the LBs isn't it?

Edited by TedLavie
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

@SirA1 something I don't understand about your plan.

You say lake is the STAR vs 11 personnel but Curl is the conductor of the defense. So who subs out for Lake? Cashman? Branch or Peppers? Or is it indeed Curl?

EDIT: Oh nevermind it's one of the LBs isn't it?

It would be Zaven Collins spot. He won't be needed to set the edge in a Nickel/Dime. I tried to include pictures. lol

Edited by SirA1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

It would be Zaven Collins spot. He won't be needed to set the edge in a Nickel/Dime. I tried to include pictures. lol

Yeah I focused on the picture after writing my message, hence the edit haha. Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

No one asks me clarifying questions…

Sad Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I'm reading through everything now, but one thing I'd suggest is putting Gonzalez in the slot instead of Stingley who has 20 snaps there in three seasons.  He's a press boundary corner

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

I'm reading through everything now, but one thing I'd suggest is putting Gonzalez in the slot instead of Stingley who has 20 snaps there in three seasons.  He's a press boundary corner

Already wrote my week 2 and this may or may not have been done…

As a premise, like I said in the Greenland game, I judge off rookies as to what I saw on a NFL field. So for Rome for instance, as much as I liked him coming out, he’s had 11 yards in the NFL thus far and that’s what I’ll judge. I know this isn’t everyone’s thinking process, but that’s mine.

With that being said, I think Anchorage youth doesn’t really matter here. I think their DL is leaps and bounds better than Svalbard OL and Dak is under duress all game long. With a very talented back 7 in zone behind, I think Dak struggles to get even to 150 yards and could be in for a pick or two. I do like the TEs on quick stuff in the middle of the field vs zone maybe. I do like Svalbard outside running prospects. Laporta vs Stingley in run blocking is a huge mismatch and Svalbard could get some running game going. Don’t know if that’s going to enough.

On the other side, I love Svalbard defensive plan. Fun to read. And look Anchorage has not performed at a high level this week. And given the level of uncertainty on most of Anchorage skill group and QB, it’s not a good look. I do think however they have the OL to combat Svalbard strong defensive front. I think Breece has a decent game and in the end, with time in the pocket, Burrow will find Nabers/Njoku/Bowers at some point.

This one is a defensive struggle. Anchorage looks a bit young at this stage of the season and I think an experienced Svalbard squad will give them fits. But in the end, I’ll take the teams I like more in the trenches and that’s Anchorage. Anchorage 17 - Svalbard 13

• Like 1

I’ve went back and forth on this one all day.    In the end, I think both offenses are going to struggle in this one.     Just a little too much youth on Anchorage right now to get over the lack of production,  don’t see that lasting long though.

Miners 17-13

• Like 1