Monday Night Football: Jets @ 49ers

Monday Night Football: Jets @ 49ers  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Jets
    • 49ers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/10/2024 at 12:15 AM

Rodgers still has zip, but he's not going to be able to scramble around like he used to. It'll be interesting to see how he does as the season progresses. Def will be better than ZW, though.

The biggest takeaway is the Jets defense may not live up to the hype. They've been trending down since the halfway point of last season. Their D line without Reddick won't be able to generate pressure off of 4-man rushes like it used to. If I remember correctly- they weren't good against the run last year, either.

If the defense doesn't pick it up, then that will really curb this squads potential because I'm not sure Rodgers has it in him to carry that offense. He may be in that 10-15 range of QBs this year, which with a solid defense can still make the playoffs...but would fall short of contender unless that defense is ELITE. I'm also not sold on their O line. 

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

Rodgers still has zip, but he's not going to be able to scramble around like he used to. It'll be interesting to see how he does as the season progresses. Def will be better than ZW, though.

The biggest takeaway is the Jets defense may not live up to the hype. They've been trending down since the halfway point of last season. Their D line without Reddick won't be able to generate pressure off of 4-man rushes like it used to. If I remember correctly- they weren't good against the run last year, either.

If the defense doesn't pick it up, then that will really curb this squads potential because I'm not sure Rodgers has it in him to carry that offense. He may be in that 10-15 range of QBs this year, which with a solid defense can still make the playoffs...but would fall short of contender unless that defense is ELITE. I'm also not sold on their O line. 

Rodgers was talking about that on the Pat McAfee show. He said he is still trying to gain confidence in himself again after that injury and that you'll see him move more as he gains that confidence back. 

And its hard to understand the Jets pass rush in a game like yesterday. If you can't stop the run and the opposing offense is consistently in manageable situations. You aren't pinning your ears back and attacking the QB. 

But I am really hoping the Jets figure it out with Reddick, because our DL did lose pieces from last years defense. We lost JFM, (Clemons is not the same player), Jefferson, and we lost Huff.  Reddick would be able to replace Huff, but we need him to get on the field. 

Week 1 is hard to judge teams. Because in the past we have seen teams get blown out week 1 then go on to win the SB.

Are you not sold on the OL because of potential health or what? I thought they looked largely good in pass protection vs a loaded defense.  Run blocking obviously could improve, but it was week 1 and they haven't played together yet. If they stay largely healthy they should be a pretty good unit, they replaced every starter from last year. 

13 minutes ago, Apparition said:

May not be such a hot take anymore, but Mason getting zero carries in the Super Bowl was a big reason why they lost.

Yeah, gonna disagree with that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, gonna disagree with that. 

CMC got 5 carries in the 4th quarter for an average of 3.2 yards. You don't think a guy like Mason would've been helpful in killing the clock on that last 4Q drive?

2 minutes ago, Apparition said:

CMC got 5 carries in the 4th quarter for an average of 3.2 yards. You don't think a guy like Mason would've been helpful in killing the clock on that last 4Q drive?

Why would you give the ball to Mason over CMC? Why would you want Mason over CMC? 

Mason wasn't even the backup running back last year and was a liability when he wasn't running the ball. So you're going to put him out there to run the ball when a defense can key in on him being in means they are running the football? 

People are getting a little crazy here.