Week Two 9/15/24 game thread: vs Houston

beardown3231

7 hours ago, SLCbear said:

Sweat made me think of a bigger stronger faster quicker Vince Wilfork😳 

I called Sweat an Akiem Hicks clone and he played like it against CHI. Dude is going to be a problem for a good long time,  especially if he gets to stay with Simmons

13 hours ago, SLCbear said:

KB totally wiffed a blocking assignment where Keenan was running free and caleb got hit mid throw. Wouldn't have gone for a TD, but would've gone for 20-30. kA could've had 3TDs, Caleb's overthrow, another pass deflect inside the 15, and then the one Caleb put in his hands but didn't catch

How different does this week feel had all that happened?   Candy and nuts. 

• Like 2

For once Bears media has been pretty spot on in regards to Waldron game 1.

Him playing guys he was familiar with over better Bears on offense was weird.  A lot of our top talent on O was barely on field together.  Or on field at all.  

Flus dropped ball on approving that game plan.  Play calling wasn’t terrible for most part, but on key downs it left a lot to be desired.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I called Sweat an Akiem Hicks clone and he played like it against CHI. Dude is going to be a problem for a good long time,  especially if he gets to stay with Simmons

Same height as Hicks and 30 lbs heavier🤯 20 lbs heavier than Vea who is also 6'4

Hicks had uncanny ability to get skinny and sneak into spaces that a guy his size is not supposed to slip into

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

If the structure of the knee is fine and this is about pain management then lets not forget Rome is the guy who played a game 14 days after breaking a rib and puncturing his lung going for 128 yards & 2 TDs...if the dude can play he will.

Schefter reported Allen will try to play today & will play sparingly if he can go. Glazer says he's out

Went back and watched Caleb's snaps against the Titans today and it is clear the game was moving really fast for him...he was pressing and that sped up his whole operation...especially his footwork which is what led to the accuracy issues...the good news is rookie QBs who speed things up are usually in a way better position to then slow things down with experience rather than a rookie QB who is too slow in their operation and don't see the picture who usually can't then speed up to play at a high level in this league...Caleb saw where he should be going with the ball and didn't make any big mistakes...all he needs to do is trust the protection a little more and play at his normal tempo and he will be fine long term...tonight is the sort of game where the pressure is off a little...I am not sure many expect a win against a good Houston team...just needs to go out there and play his own game...the results will come.

• Like 1

When they traded for Allen I wasn't thrilled because while a WR like him is a QB's best friend on the field, he's always aching somewhere and rarely practices. I don't have any hard evidence but I truly feel like he's on the injury report every f***ing week. It's hard to build raport with aforementioned young QB if you're never practicing. When did this s*** even happen? What could be so bad that this started at the end of August, he played week 1 and now he can't practice all week or play? Damnit