2024 GDT Week #2 1-0 Steelers Visit the 0-1 Broncos

Who will be the starting QB this week?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the starting QB this week?

• Russell Wilson. If he's healthy, he's the man.
    • Justin Fields. Russ won't be ready and Justin will be the man.
    • Justin Fields. The offense is better in his hands.

13 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Tomlin needs to stop swapping people around.

Makes me sick that last years first rd pick may already be a bust.    My guess is he rides the bench this year and will compete for LT next year, but its curious how he went from looking extremely promising late last season to a borderline bust in less than a year.   I thought maybe it was poor coaching, but our 2 rookie OL are off to strong starts.

Just now, 43M said:

Tomlin needs to stop swapping people around.

Makes me sick that last years first rd pick may already be a bust.    My guess is he rides the bench this year and will compete for LT next year, but its curious how he went from looking extremely promising late last season to a borderline bust in less than a year.   I thought maybe it was poor coaching, but our 2 rookie OL are off to strong starts.

Should’ve just been switched to LT right after draft was over and told here you go and beat Moore out for the gig…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AFF said:

Should’ve just been switched to LT right after draft was over and told here you go and beat Moore out for the gig…

Tomlin is too obsessed with position versatility.

They need to keep Fautanu at RT the rest of the year, barring injury.

Spend the rest of this season and next offseason training Jones at LT.    If he busts, he busts, but at least give him a chance.    Young players need some consistency and time to adjust.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AFF said:

I said it before the season that the WR core is Pickens and a bunch of #4/Jag types.

The 3 biggest needs offseason is 1)figuring out QB…2) adding another WR threat…3) adding youth to the DL.

I don’t disagree that WR is ultimately a problem, but I do feel like this team build is adding to the trouble more than it should. 

Jefferson, Austin, and, when healthy, Wilson all profile as slot guys and our team avoids the middle of the field like the plague. Couple that with our best second receiving option being a tightend (that they only play like 50% of the time…) and it spells trouble. 

We will see what continues to grow from offense, but so far they are both different and not very different from last year. 

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

I don’t disagree that WR is ultimately a problem, but I do feel like this team build is adding to the trouble more than it should. 

Jefferson, Austin, and, when healthy, Wilson all profile as slot guys and our team avoids the middle of the field like the plague. Couple that with our best second receiving option being a tightend (that they only play like 50% of the time…) and it spells trouble. 

We will see what continues to grow from offense, but so far they are both different and not very different from last year. 

Really think it was a mistake not going after Noah Brown when the Texans cut him. He went 3-56 in his first game for the Commanders today. 

Well done guys, the best team (by some margin) won. That Defense is so well Coached - disciplined, great tackling and tough as nails. Second week in a row I've said that about our opponent ...

Really impressed with George Pickens. Not many people have Pat second guessing himself like Pickens did. 

I think the numbers don't reflect how well Fields played. The penalty yardage (in terms of DPI) and plays called back 'hurt' his numbers, but he played winning football for sure. Once your Coaching staff knew that turnover free football wins the game in the 2nd half, they reeled him in, and I thought he did a good job of not hurting your team in the 2nd half when many would've started to force it.

Good luck the rest of the way.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Well done guys, the best team (by some margin) won. That Defense is so well Coached - disciplined, great tackling and tough as nails. Second week in a row I've said that about our opponent ...

Really impressed with George Pickens. Not many people have Pat second guessing himself like Pickens did. 

I think the numbers don't reflect how well Fields played. The penalty yardage (in terms of DPI) and plays called back 'hurt' his numbers, but he played winning football for sure. Once your Coaching staff knew that turnover free football wins the game in the 2nd half, they reeled him in, and I thought he did a good job of not hurting your team in the 2nd half when many would've started to force it.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Appreciate the kind words.

This should have been a fun and interesting game for both sides. Young learning offenses against good defenses. We both have reasons to believe the offense could have done something special and same for the defense. 

It’s a shame walking away that the refs are the topic of conversation on both sides. Early in the year and it’s been an NFL wide thing. This keeps happening every year, and I fully blame it on part time refs. 

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

It’s a shame walking away that the refs are the topic of conversation on both sides. Early in the year and it’s been an NFL wide thing. This keeps happening every year, and I fully blame it on part time refs. 

Meh, personally I don't think the refs played a part in the outcome of the game. Sure, I think some of the calls were too ticky tacky (I said in our forum the hold on the long Pickens catch was harsh, I also think the long DPI call on Pat was harsh), but like I said - the best team won. 

The Broncos have got to do a whollllllllllllle lot of looking in the mirror before we dare go blame the refs. 

5 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Meh, personally I don't think the refs played a part in the outcome of the game. Sure, I think some of the calls were too ticky tacky (I said in our forum the hold on the long Pickens catch was harsh, I also think the long DPI call on Pat was harsh), but like I said - the best team won. 

The Broncos have got to do a whollllllllllllle lot of looking in the mirror before we dare go blame the refs. 

Even if you feel it doesn’t change the outcome of the game - poor reffing needs to be called out.