2024 GDT Week #2 1-0 Steelers Visit the 0-1 Broncos

Who will be the starting QB this week?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the starting QB this week?

• Russell Wilson. If he's healthy, he's the man.
    • Justin Fields. Russ won't be ready and Justin will be the man.
    • Justin Fields. The offense is better in his hands.

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

Personally my thoughts right now on Jones is bench him

the way jone wasn't making any eye contact with tomlin on the sidelines when tomlin got in his face migth land jone in the doghouse if he doesn't wake up

3 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

My concern is that the Broncos put out a recipe for how to shut down the offense. Play single high and play press man on the outside. Shade coverage towards Pickens and make someone else get open. And with Jefferson/Roman Wilson as WR2 idk if we have an answer for that regardless of who is playing QB. 

Muth or DW80 should have their way 

3 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

but the awareness from Trice on this play is beautiful to watch. 

I still hope they have Trice cover TE's, remove them from the offence

3 hours ago, jebrick said:

I just read Jones' comments after the game and now I have to wonder at his attitude.

"If not starting I really don't feeling like I should be playing."

I'm all in for benching him for 3 weeks at least

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXeIX6aN6R6v5X5ikI9Eu

it could be that time, when a player lands in tomlins doghouse. For now jone could be a resreve swing OT, then trade him in the offseason and replace with a RD3 pick or someone they can trade for that should have been drafted near him in the draft

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

I think the running game will improve as the season goes on and the O-Line gels. Warren to me still doesn’t look 100%. He got brought down by a few tackles yesterday that I think he normally breaks. Najee physically looks like he has more burst than last year. But I agree, we do need more out of both of them. 

Let’s get Seumalo back and let Frazier and Fautanu get some more starts under their belt and the rest of the line to get adjusted to Smith’s run scheme. 

OL takes a while and they need a set lineup to get to cohesion. Leave this unit out there, forget jone and see how it goes.  Seumalo won't be playing for a while, so just hope Anderson holds up. He seems to not be getting singled out like jone either so he must be ok. 

14 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I agree but as of now, he is not ready to start at any poistion

I just go back to what I said at the start of camp. Fautanu had to prove he could start then Jones needed to move and prove he should play over Moore. First part is checked off. I’m more and more convinced this would have been done if Fautanu didn’t get hurt as the cap between PS3 and W1 would have been the LT transition time. 

I’m coming more to your side @AFF and @MOSteelers56 of not caring about the pick. If we get more of this while it’s cleaned up keep Fields going. Those penalties took at least 10 points maybe 14 off the board at least. I really feel his mobility is opening up that deep pass game because teams need/want to spy him. If this run game can get clicking to open up more of the 10-20 yard zone this offense could take off. 

• Like 2

My biggest issue with Fields is consistency.  He has had some plays stolen from him. He has played better in the first half than the second.  I think he could be aided by some quick first down throws and using the TEs more as an offensive weapon.  Muth can get better usage and why they limit throws to Mt. Washington is beyond me. This offense needs to stay on script. Fields has done a solid job at QB, but I don't think it is sustainable. This weekend will be a huge test, but the offense has to do something in the second half of games as well.  The self inflicted and ref aided penalties don't help.

9 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I have a feeling this O-Line will be mauling people come November and December. 

what was Fraziers PFF score?

especially with a legit OC and QB, they should be able to score lending the offence to the run game.  I expect DW to get more snaps as well, so add him to this because of his blocking ability. It would be good if they target DW in the RZ more often as well especially if the coverage is like  when he got the TD.