2024 WEEK 2 | vs Atlanta (MNF)

Kiltman

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Bro. You just completely ignore all context from my post and the game and expect me to take you just posting numbers seriously?

Would you have preferred Jalen just checks the ball down twice at the end of the game and lets the clock wind down for fun? That would be a better outcome than trying to take a risk and win the game with AJB on the sideline? Unfortunately for Jalen he had to play vs the Falcon's defense not the Eagles and he only had 40 seconds to work with. 

If you want to hold that INT against him fine. I don't think you are doing anything other than box score scouting if you do.

I'd have preferred he at least give someone on his own team a chance. Other QB's have done it in that situation. And Hurts is being paid to be one of those guys.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Wentz you dog you said:

I will also say we have learned our lesson. If we are in this situation again, go for it on fourth down to ice the game. This pass rush cannot be trusted at the end of games 

Yep. I would have gone for it on fourth. Who cares about playing to not go to OT. Play to win the freaking game.

Just now, Jeezla said:

I'd have preferred he at least give someone on his own team a chance. Other QB's have done it in that situation.

Yep. Give Dotson, Covey, or Wilson a chance to make a play downfield!

He had to make a play. Smitty was surrounded by every single DB worth a damn on the Falcons. It is what it is. If you want to dwell on that pick go for it. The ball could have been better but the outcome would have been the same regardless.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yep. Give Dotson, Covey, or Wilson a chance to make a play downfield!

He had to make a play. Smitty was surrounded by every single DB worth a damn on the Falcons. It is what it is. If you want to dwell on that pick go for it. The ball could have been better but the outcome would have been the same regardless.

There' s plenty of other bad to dwell on, but i'm not gonna ignore that bad pass just because other crap was more egregiously bad. 

2 minutes ago, babyatemydingo said:

That would have changed your opinion?

Changed my opinion on what? That the throw was bad? Yes, throwing out of bounds and maybe seeing if someone can get open the next play would have changed my opinion. Jalen threw a ball where only the other team had a chance at catching it.

Edited by Jeezla