• The Iron Giant
    • Little Giants
    • Big Fish
    • Godzilla
    • Star Wars (The Forbes Be With You)
    • The League
    • The Sopranos

Some of you are just impossible. Lolol

We never punted in the game, got in the red zone every possession.

With an Offensive & coaching staff that's been together for 6 months & with a rookie QB & he & the team haven't turned over the ball 1 time.

Vs a team that's had our number for a long time.

With a huge division win....

And we're only going to get better & better.

But nahhhhhh

I wish we would have done the usual choke job, so we can suck again, during the coaching staff & do this again next year & hope Hunter is on the board at #2.

Yeah ...not me.

11-6 baby!

28 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’m not sure you’re taking my point correctly on that.

I wouldn’t prefer Joe Alt or Marvin Harrison to Jayden Daniels. 

I just would prefer them to lesser players at their position. Which is why we’ll probably end up regretting early-season wins — there may be better players available at our positions of need that we won’t be able to land with a worse draft picks. That’s not exclusive to QBs.

Got it. You were talking about tiered players. I agree with with your stance. You don't want the second best anything, you want the best player you can get at any position.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

i cant the league GIF by HULU

Gano had hamstring issues before the game was ever played.

It's the Giants/Deboll fault for not bringing the kicker they had up from the practice squad.

Giants lost that game because of coaching.

That, and us driving on them every possession.

In today’s 21-18 loss to the Commanders, the Giants scored three touchdowns, allowed zero touchdowns, and still lost the game. It was only the second time in NFL history that a team lost while scoring three touchdowns and allowing none.

The only other time it happened was in 1989, when the Vikings beat the Rams 23-21. The Vikings Vikings kicker Rich Karlis hit seven field goals in regulation, while the Rams scored three touchdowns and three extra points to make it 21-21 at the end of the fourth quarter. In overtime the Vikings scored a safety to win 23-21.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/giants-are-second-team-in-nfl-history-to-score-3-tds-allow-0-tds-and-lose

church-lady.jpg

• Like 1

So @Slappy Mcand I reserve the right to be critical of this win when it comes time for draft positioning.  In many ways, it feels like we lucked into this one.  

But……this goes to show you that the Giants could have won this game with special teams and a healthy kicker.  A healthy kicker, even if not Gano, changes how they approach the entire game.  The Commanders, meanwhile, won because they had a kicker who could make chip shot field goals.  

The Giants were also extremely lucky that the Commanders OLine was extremely undisciplined.  This game could have turned into a blowout had some of those field goal drives not stalled out and turned into touchdowns.  

If this game was later in the year, it’s entirely possible that the offense would have come together a little bit more, and 18-15  would have been 36-15.  

It’s an ugly win, but Daniels was efficient, and didn’t turn the ball over.  He’s got to learn how to slide and throw the ball away and not take unnecessary hits.  It’s also time that we start taking some shots down the field.  The Kingsbury offense is designed to pull the defense to the sidelines with bubble screens and quick outs, and then pound the ball up the middle and find the seam- we saw Noah Davis exploit that a few times.  We’ve got to turn that into playaction deep down the field.  

This season is not about wins and losses, but about the progression of Jayden Daniels.  I fully expect the training wheels will be coming off in a few weeks and we will begin to open up the playbook.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

I’m not sure you’re taking my point correctly on that.

I wouldn’t prefer Joe Alt or Marvin Harrison to Jayden Daniels. 

I just would prefer them to lesser players at their position. Which is why we’ll probably end up regretting early-season wins — there may be better players available at our positions of need that we won’t be able to land with a worse draft picks. That’s not exclusive to QBs.

I agree but those guys are generational. There is no Joe Alt or Harrison Jr in this draft. At least that I’ve seen. Will Campbell is a stud but he’s more Fashanu than he is Alt. 

I just don’t want to lose anymore. I didn’t want to lose last year when Howell was playing well. I am so tired of losing. If Daniels is the guy and if Peters is a great GM we don’t need to lose to find great talent. 

• Like 1

Be careful when you guys, go to games.

There were multiple people shot at the Lions/Bucs games.

I've seen the x-twitter video of the dead bodies, but the Lady was cussing up a storm.

Can't really post that. It's a short video. About 10-15 sec.

But I saw a guy outside in a lions Jersey slumped back, with a guy in a black shirt right next to him.

Blood on the shirts.

If you do go to games?

Don't get mouthy with anybody.

Be my best advice.

Pretty disturbing society with have now.

Can we go back to the 80's-90's please.

Not because we were good then.

But because people weren't insane, everywhere.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just don’t want to lose anymore. I didn’t want to lose last year when Howell was playing well. I am so tired of losing. If Daniels is the guy and if Peters is a great GM we don’t need to lose to find great talent. 

Totally agree, which is why its pissing me off they are obviously tanking the season.

46 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I am confident for this franchise for the first time since Mike Shanahan came here.  A true NFL executive, who was well sought after and turning down interviews last off-season, came to our organization thanks to new ownership and sharing in that vision.  

Having seen what that’s done in another sport, I am willing to see this through.  But yes, the losing is wearing thin.  If we are in Year 4 with more questions than answers with Adam Peters, this is going to be a tough sell to the fan base even if a new stadium is coming. 

19 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I am confident for this franchise for the first time since Mike Shanahan came here.  A true NFL executive, who was well sought after and turning down interviews last off-season, came to our organization thanks to new ownership and sharing in that vision.  

Having seen what that’s done in another sport, I am willing to see this through.  But yes, the losing is wearing thin.  If we are in Year 4 with more questions than answers with Adam Peters, this is going to be a tough sell to the fan base even if a new stadium is coming. 

I understand losing to secure a franchise QB. It doesn’t always work but it gives you the best shot at a franchise guy. However you can find extremely talented receivers all throughout the draft. Didn’t Justin Jefferson have like 4 receivers picked ahead of him? Amon Ra St. Brown was like a 4th round pick. Diggs a 5th rounder.

I think the hardest positions to find outside of the first round are the ones we need/needed the most. LT and QB. I think we’re going to win 5 or 6 games which I think will be good enough for Will Campbell territory. I’m just tired of losing. I’m okay with losing if there’s signs of progress. I’m not okay with losing while making Baker Mayfield look like Aaron Rodgers and making Daniel jones look like a starter. 

9 minutes ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Not necessarily.  The Giants may take a FG rather than going for it and getting the 7. 

It adjusted the whole way that Daboll coached the game.  While it’s not cut and dry that it would’ve happened that way, perhaps some other calls aren’t made as well and the net result still is the same.