Sunday Night Football: Chicago Bears (1-0) @ Houston Texans (1-0)

Football_Bachelor08

Sunday Night Football: Chicago Bears (1-0) @ Houston Texans (1-0)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bears
    • Texans

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/16/2024 at 12:15 AM

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I just do not understand the bears keeping this coach? Maybe he doesn’t get fired at the end of the year but this bears offense has been awful through two weeks and while I know Eberflus isn’t an offensive guy it just seems like this will inevitably end in his firing which is why I don’t understand why they just didn’t go get a new young offensive guy to pair with Williams? Like Slowik. I don’t hate the bears and I hope it works out for them it just seems like this ending is one we’ve all seen before. 

5-3 in their last 8 games last year. They made some changes and brought in Sweat etc and started winning so Eberflus was able to pass the blame.

The GM is also in almost the exact same situation as Eberflus so they might be kinda tied together for at least the year.

• Like 1

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Seeing the same with Jayden Daniels here.  I think it’s a combination of the OL being subpar, but also confidence building.  I think stretching the field comes for both of them very soon. 

Isn’t Kingsbury known for not stretching the field with his playcalling? I thought that was a concern in Arizona 

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I just do not understand the bears keeping this coach? Maybe he doesn’t get fired at the end of the year but this bears offense has been awful through two weeks and while I know Eberflus isn’t an offensive guy it just seems like this will inevitably end in his firing which is why I don’t understand why they just didn’t go get a new young offensive guy to pair with Williams? Like Slowik. I don’t hate the bears and I hope it works out for them it just seems like this ending is one we’ve all seen before. 

Because the owners are smart enough to know success doesn't always come instantly, esp when you have the kind of roster they've had? They have a rookie QB and tons of turnover. If you have a lot of examples of why he's a bad coach (starts the wrong guys, makes bad decisions in game, etc), OK, but I'm not seeing it. 

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Isn’t Kingsbury known for not stretching the field with his playcalling? I thought that was a concern in Arizona 

He definitely works horizontal to try and set up the run up the middle, but they were working the seam mid-range a little today to good success with Noah Brown and Ertz.  

I don’t think it’s going to be Air Coryell, but the deep shots will come. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Football_Bachelor08 said:

Just saying you'd think a franchise this old would have gotten lucky at least once.

Yeah - you'd think ANY franchise would've done better in all of these years, and most have. But some teams seem cursed at certain positions. Until last year for ex the Lions had jack at RB since Sanders retired.