Sunday Night Football: Chicago Bears (1-0) @ Houston Texans (1-0)

Football_Bachelor08

Sunday Night Football: Chicago Bears (1-0) @ Houston Texans (1-0)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Bears
    • Texans

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/16/2024 at 12:15 AM

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yes. 

I've been around long enough to remember them whiffing horribly on plenty of QBs. 

They hyped up Caleb because he was in LA and everyone envisioned he and Lincoln Riley restoring USC to dominance. 

Then came the excuses. 

Then came the coping. 

Then more excuses. 

Then optimism. 

But the one constant has and remains his inability to work his magic against anything better than minor conference defenses. 

They hyped him up because that's what they do with presumptive #1 picks. They decided 2 years prior he would be that pick and rolled with it all the way throug, the same as they did with Lawrence. Any criticism was waved off and laughed at. 

Anyone who didn't fanboy over him saw it from miles away. 

Lmao now Trevor Lawrence tricked everyone too? You guys are wild in here. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Trevor has been as advertised? 

If all of this is true then why didn’t it happen for Matt Barkley? Or Jacob Eason. Hell, we can go back to Brian Brohm. Cody Pickett? There’s plenty of QBs who were seen as high level prospects with top 5 grades that didn’t fool the league into picking them there. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

If all of this is true then why didn’t it happen for Matt Barkley? Or Jacob Eason. Hell, we can go back to Brian Brohm. Cody Pickett? There’s plenty of QBs who were seen as high level prospects with top 5 grades that didn’t fool the league into picking them there. 

A. None of them had the ESPN hype machine behind them like that. 

B. The list of guys scouts and analysts have been dead wrong about is roughly 5x longer than the list they've been right about. By your logic, nobody has ever been a bust, and that's decidedly not true. 

C. Answer the question.

Edited by ronjon1990

5 minutes ago, 4thandInches said:

Worst OL performance I’ve seen in a while. Reminds me of that opener dal@nyg last year. Pressure some all sides,  not just one guy getting dominated. 

Keep in mind, that's 36 pressures on what, 40 drop backs? That's a hell of a rate lol 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Dude stop. For the love of god stop. He didn’t get drafted first overall because he played cupcake teams. Every prospect can turn out to be a bust. Hell, Chase Young is one of the best prospects I’ve ever seen and you and I both know how that turned out. If it doesn’t work out for Williams in the pros it won’t be because of what he did in college. 

Chase young wasn’t can’t miss and didn’t have his hype

Williams if he came out last year many would have considered him the 1st pick 

chase young wasn’t trying to manipulate the draft or force his way into ownership 

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

A. None of them had the ESPN hype machine behind them like that. 

B. The list of guys scouts and analysts have been dead wrong about is roughly 5x longer than the list they've been right about. By your logic, nobody has ever been a bust, and that's decidedly not true. 

C. Answer the question.

A. Matt Barkley and Brian Brohm didn’t have hype behind them? Are you serious? 

B. This has absolutely nothing to do with what I’ve said. Any player can be a bust. Nobody has any clue if their game will translate to the next level but scouting gives you an idea of it. 

C. Trevor Lawrence has been up and down. He hasn’t been great but every team in the league would’ve picked him first. Pretending he wasn’t good in college because of the way he has played in the pros is silly. The draft is a total crapshoot and sometimes these things happen. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Keep in mind, that's 36 pressures on what, 40 drop backs? That's a hell of a rate lol 

He's going to get obliterated. 

All jokes aside, he took some massive whallops, and the Texans laid out the blueprint for making his life miserable. Rush the absolute hell out of him and lay the hammer when he takes off. 

He's not nearly as refined a downfield passer as was advertised, so either the picks or incompletions pile up along with sacks and hits. His confidence is probably going to be shot by the home stretch, and they play some brutal defenses. 

Kids gonna have a loooong season 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Lmao now Trevor Lawrence tricked everyone too? You guys are wild in here. 

Oh TLaw is definitely a guy I would point to and say he has underperformed his pre draft expectations. He has been an extremely mediocre pro.

I think these narratives about Caleb are coming way too soon. He is on game two of his career and I don't love the coaching staff around him. That said he has a lot of talent around him and he clearly is just not playing well at all. He looks bad quite frankly. The stuff that made him special in college was the off scripted plays and the crazy throws and we simply haven't seen that stuff yet. 

Definitely disappointed in what I have seen from him so far.

6 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Chase young wasn’t can’t miss and didn’t have his hype

Williams if he came out last year many would have considered him the 1st pick 

chase young wasn’t trying to manipulate the draft or force his way into ownership 

This is patently false. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

A. Matt Barkley and Brian Brohm didn’t have hype behind them? Are you serious? 

B. This has absolutely nothing to do with what I’ve said. Any player can be a bust. Nobody has any clue if their game will translate to the next level but scouting gives you an idea of it. 

C. Trevor Lawrence has been up and down. He hasn’t been great but every team in the league would’ve picked him first. Pretending he wasn’t good in college because of the way he has played in the pros is silly. The draft is a total crapshoot and sometimes these things happen. 

Quite literally, this is the polar opposite of what you asserted. By every possible definition..

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Oh TLaw is definitely a guy I would point to and say he has underperformed his pre draft expectations. He has been an extremely mediocre pro.

I think these narratives about Caleb are coming way too soon. He is on game two of his career and I don't love the coaching staff around him. That said he has a lot of talent around him and he clearly is just not playing well at all. He looks bad quite frankly. The stuff that made him special in college was the off scripted plays and the crazy throws and we simply haven't seen that stuff yet. 

Definitely disappointed in what I have seen from him so far.

But that’s not the argument being made. The argument being made is that they actually sucked in college but somehow tricked the NFL into believing they were worth the first pick. It’s an insanely silly debate that I shouldn’t have allowed myself to be involved in. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

But that’s not the argument being made. The argument being made is that they actually sucked in college but somehow tricked the NFL into believing they were worth the first pick. It’s an insanely silly debate that I shouldn’t have allowed myself to be involved in. 

I mean Caleb won the freaking Heisman. The idea that he sucked in college makes no sense lol.