Week 3 Games

Leader

11 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

allen looks great at rb. A true bruiser as advertised

Fun fact - my wife graduated HS with Allen's mom. Her 25 yr reunion is this weekend, she was saying she'll probably see her. 

Me: "well that's cool!" 
Wife: "She thinks I'm a stuck-up b____" 

Me: "....or not." 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Fun fact - my wife graduated HS with Allen's mom. Her 25 yr reunion is this weekend, she was saying she'll probably see her. 

His dad married my wife 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

This is a safe space....

Is she right?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

This is a safe space....

Is she right?

OMG, my wife is like the nicest, most positive person ever...every negative interaction she has (and they are rare) she sits there and worries that she is a terrible person, and I'm always having to be like "no that person is a lunatic, you're fine." 

I'm usually hearing her talk about people and going "WHY ARE YOU EVEN INVOLVED WITH THIS DRAMA-SEEKING MISSILE" and she always has some reason like "well they don't have many friends" "I can see why!" 

14 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

OMG, my wife is like the nicest, most positive person ever...every negative interaction she has (and they are rare) she sits there and worries that she is a terrible person, and I'm always having to be like "no that person is a lunatic, you're fine." 

I'm usually hearing her talk about people and going "WHY ARE YOU EVEN INVOLVED WITH THIS DRAMA-SEEKING MISSILE" and she always has some reason like "well they don't have many friends" "I can see why!" 

Blink 3 times if she is in the room with you... we can perform an extraction at 7:15 pm...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

We also brought in Graham, who had one decent enough season  and Bennett, who fell off a cliff production-wise when he showed up here. 

Conklin and Ruckert produced more last game than any Packers TE combo has in the last 6+ years. Conklin currently has more production in one game than all of our TEs combined.

Every Packers fan knows Jermichael had the potential to be really special but that was over a decade ago and the guy just couldn't stay healthy. It really is a shame we never got to see a full career out of him because there's no doubt in my mind he would have been the best TE in franchise history by far.

9 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

As much as I disliked Rodgers last few years at Green Bay not only from a play perspective but a guy who seemed to have a vendetta with the front office, to be fair to him he was surrounded by either pretty crap or very inexperienced talent. I mean how many of these guys are still with us from 2022. To his credit Gutey has rebuilt the offence and I'm happy that both parties moved on. However, part of my always wants to see Rodgers suck at the Jets.

image.png

Rodgers took too much flack because of his contract which was a bit massive.  But I think Gute and Murphy were the ones who should have been blamed for that as they have been proven to be spendaholics as evidenced by Love's current contract.  I mean I love that Gute has found a lot of hidden gems and built this roster back up after Ted Thompson destroyed it, but he loves dumping cash in his QBs' laps and has become bad about it.

46 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Conklin and Ruckert produced more last game than any Packers TE combo has in the last 6+ years. Conklin currently has more production in one game than all of our TEs combined.

Every Packers fan knows Jermichael had the potential to be really special but that was over a decade ago and the guy just couldn't stay healthy. It really is a shame we never got to see a full career out of him because there's no doubt in my mind he would have been the best TE in franchise history by far.

You might be overrating the Jets TEs just a little

Ruckert actually looks pretty comparable to a healthy Tonyan.  It just sucks that Tonyan blew out his ACL back in 2021 because when he was at 100% health, he actually was pretty good.

I always felt like LaFleur didn't use Mercedes Lewis enough in the red zone and take advantage of his height.  Feel like if he had we might have converted a few more trips down there into TDs.

Now I will take Conklin over Deguara or Ty Davis, those two definitely don't belong on an NFL roster.

59 minutes ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

You might be overrating the Jets TEs just a little

Ruckert actually looks pretty comparable to a healthy Tonyan.  It just sucks that Tonyan blew out his ACL back in 2021 because when he was at 100% health, he actually was pretty good.

I always felt like LaFleur didn't use Mercedes Lewis enough in the red zone and take advantage of his height.  Feel like if he had we might have converted a few more trips down there into TDs.

Now I will take Conklin over Deguara or Ty Davis, those two definitely don't belong on an NFL roster.

I'm not saying they are amazing tight ends by any means but they are good enough to get the job done. Feels like its been a lifetime since we got that level of production from our TEs.

The Deguara pick was always absolutely insane to me, we spent a third round pick on a guy we knew was a glorified fullback. Really don't know what Gute was thinking other than he had great measurables.

19 hours ago, StatKing said:

Jermichael was like 15 years ago and Jared Cook played like half a season the one year he was here.

You're the one who said Rodgers didn't play with any good TEs, yet I named two.  And that wasn't even including Jimmy Graham who was disappointing and Martellus Bennet that was a flop of a signing.  Not me.

Just now, CWood21 said:

You're the one who said Rodgers didn't play with any good TEs, yet I named two.  And that wasn't even including Jimmy Graham who was disappointing and Martellus Bennet that was a flop of a signing.  Not me.

Jared Cook is remembered for one catch and one catch only my guy. He was never consistently good while he was here. You literally had to name a guy from well over a decade ago and a washed up Jimmy Graham to support your argument.

2 hours ago, StatKing said:

Cherry-picking one game against what is likely going to end up being a bottom 5 defense is interesting.  Over the last 3 seasons, Tyler Conklin has averaged 60 receptions, 589 receiving yards (9.8 YPC), and 2 TD receptions with average of 852 snaps per season.  Last year, Luke Musgrave and Tucker Kraft were a combined 65 receptions, 707 receiving yards, and 3 TD receptions over a combined 1089 snaps.  Conklin was more productive on a per snap basis the last 3 years than the rookies were last year, but it's closer than you care to admit.