Week 3 MNF! (1-1) Commanders at (0-2) Bengals - 9/23 at 8:15 on ABC / Line CIN -8/OU 48.5

MikeT14

Feelings on the game?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Feelings on the game?

• Bengals cover the 8 point spread
    • Commanders cover the 8 point spread but lose
    • Commanders win outright

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/24/2024 at 12:00 AM

11 hours ago, lavar703 said:

While I think they both will succeed and this isn't a shot at Williams my favorite thing that has come out of all of this is suddenly Jayden Daniels had the better supporting cast lol. Not the guy who was supposedly being drafted into the best situation ever for a top overall pick but the guy who's team won 4 games and had lost 8 in a row and fired everyone. Just hilarious how the goal posts start to move. 

I think people are forgetting that Keenan Allen is hurt. 

10 hours ago, offbyone said:

Completely agree outside of the Montez Sweat/Chase comment.  I mean I agree that Montez Sweat would be nice to have, but we got fair compensation.

The single biggest and most obvious mistake Peters made was completely ignoring the CB position.  I mean was he serious with Mike Davis being the solution?  He could have simply not done anything and kept Fuller as a bandaid for  the season and we would be in a completely different situation.  Night and day.  Alternatively, he could have drafted one of the 4 CBs there was a run on instead of Newton and at least we would have hope for future. 

I don't know what we do now except try and trade for one.  But we should do something even something desperate because this gap isn't just making a hole in the backfield, it is shaping how they scheme the entire D and forcing us to play soft.

One of the big questions I walked away with last night was oline.  The pass protection was solid, but I am not so impressed in with the push against the run game.  First of all, if they are going to continue the Coleman experiment, I would implement it at Right Tackle, not left.  Let him rotate with Wylie.  Lucas is solid.  As fort the run game, the only part I can think to fiddle with is Allegretti.  

We did get a good draft pick for trading away Sweat but we haven't replaced his production so getting a 2nd round pick and being far worse at DE means nothing to me.

Trading away a player with Pro Bowl talent to then sign two mid DEs doesn't sit right with me while also ignoring the DE position until round 7 and cutting KJ Henry who had flashed when he played.

Sorry, I can't give it a pass. I hate that Harris allowed Rivera to trade Tez & Chase. He should've told Rivera he couldn't trade them and let the next GM he hired - Peters - make that decision this March.

I think the run game wasn't as good last night bc the Bengals sold out to stop it which probably helped out with more receivers being open in the passing game. 

Edited by turtle28

30 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We did get a good draft pick for trading away Sweat but we haven't replaced his production so getting a 2nd round pick and being far worse at DE means nothing to me.

Trading away a player with Pro Bowl talent to then sign two mid DEs doesn't sit right with me while also ignoring the DE position until round 7 and cutting KJ Henry who had flashed when he played.

Sorry, I can't give it a pass. I hate that Harris allowed Rivera to trade Tez & Chase. He should've told Rivera he couldn't trade them and let the next GM he hired - Peters - make that decision this March.

I think the run game wasn't as good last night bc the Bengals sold out to stop it which probably helped out with more receivers being open in the passing game. 

I agree that Peters didn't do enough, but he had the capital to do it, both draft and cap space.  He chose not to, just like he chose to post up one of the worst CB groups in the league.

As far as Montez Sweat, by all accounts Harris pushed for and made the call on those trades, not Rivera.  We will never know what Peters would have done.  I would be most curious.  But judging by his thriftiness this offseason, he wasn't spending 100M.

7 hours ago, offbyone said:

I agree that Peters didn't do enough, but he had the capital to do it, both draft and cap space.  He chose not to, just like he chose to post up one of the worst CB groups in the league.

As far as Montez Sweat, by all accounts Harris pushed for and made the call on those trades, not Rivera.  We will never know what Peters would have done.  I would be most curious.  But judging by his thriftiness this offseason, he wasn't spending 100M.

Ahh ok, I didn't realize that Harris had Chen doing that. I wouldn't have traded him but I guess he didn't want to pay him or Chen convinced him not to because they were paying Allen & Payne and needed to improve other parts of the team and not tie up so much money in the DL. 

My only explanation for Peters/Quinn not signing a better CB FA is that they truly wanted to see what Forbes & St. Juste has in Quinn’s defense before deciding to move on from them. They saw this as an evaluation year for many players/a prove it year. It's hard for me to imagine them not prioritizing CB in March & April given what they've seen from the CBs thus far.

22 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

The tackle and play didn't seem unusal. He's tough. That would be quite inspirational if he flys out like Friday and is able to play ! He's been a big part of the offense to date for sure.

With that said - a week off ( at least ) is probably wise. Long season .

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Ahh ok, I didn't realize that Harris had Chen doing that. I wouldn't have traded him but I guess he didn't want to pay him or Chen convinced him not to because they were paying Allen & Payne and needed to improve other parts of the team and not tie up so much money in the DL. 

My only explanation for Peters/Quinn not signing a better CB FA is that they truly wanted to see what Forbes & St. Juste has in Quinn’s defense before deciding to move on from them. They saw this as an evaluation year for many players/a prove it year. It's hard for me to imagine them not prioritizing CB in March & April given what they've seen from the CBs thus far.

The Chen factor is an unknown too, but a real good question.  He was there, you would assume Harris checked in with him and interestingly enough now he isn't there.  Who knows.  I wish we kept Henry at least.

I think that is a good explanation regarding Forbes.  But jeez Cooper Dejean, Koolaid were all available and bandaid free agents like Gillmore, Fuller, Darby, etc. were there too.  It was a major mistake.  Now they are stuck debating if they can rationalize signing Xavien Howard.

19 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Wow, what an awful comment with no explanation to it. If Jayden isn't that good, then what does that make Burrow who Jayden outplayed?

Its very clear I was not a fan of Jayden Daniels going into this process. I was a Maye guy. I liked Caleb Williams but honestly I had my reservations about him but saying that about Caleb Williams almost seemed like sour grapes because we couldn't get him.  With all of that said, I was wrong. Completely. And its crazy that I am now the one defending him and getting pissed off at people trying to dog him when he's been great, in my opinion, since week 1. Some of that was the Bengals defense but the rest was just Jayden carving them up. How could you play any better defense on that last touchdown pass? He was incredible. 

• Like 1