• or Seahawks (2-0)
    • Lions (1-1)
    • or Cardinals (1-1)
    • Ravens (1-1)
    • or Cowboys (1-1)
    • 49ers (1-1)
    • or Rams (0-2)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2024 at 05:00 PM

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

No Deebo No YAC. 

Deebo only missed this game. Same for kittle. Just not breaking anything after

Purdy is also throwing down field more. Pff has his adot over 9 and sixth highest in the league

PANTHERS

Over the past two seasons, the Panthers are 0-10 on the road and have lost 8 of those games by at least 7 points.  This includes their 47-10 Week 1 loss to the Saints.

In his last start for the Panthers in Week 3, 2023 against the Seahawks, Andy Dalton completed 34 of 58 passes for 361 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Dalton faced zone coverage on 81% of his dropbacks, completing 31 of 47 attempts for 285 yards and 2 touchdowns against such coverage. Bryce Young has not thrown a single touchdown pass on 254 attempts against zone coverage in his NFL career (8 INT).

49ers

Even with Jordan Mason forcing missed tackles, the 49ers offense averaged just 0.2 yards before contact per carry on designed runs in Week 2, their fewest in a game since Week 12, 2022.

49ers ball carriers have been contacted behind the line of scrimmage on 44.1% of designed rushes this season, up from 36.2% in 2023.

Brock Purdy has used play action on just 13.2% of his dropbacks this season, the 2nd-lowest rate in the NFL. Purdy has completed 5 of 8 such passes for 72 yards.

The Rams defense has faced 19 play action passes this season, allowing a league-high 224 yards and a touchdown. The Rams have allowed +15.4 total EPA on such dropbacks, most in the NFL and nearly double the next closest defense (Raiders, +8.0).

RAMS

Tre'Davious White has allowed 126 receiving yards as the nearest defender in zone coverage this season, 2nd-most in the NFL.

White has been targeted 7 times in zone coverage, allowing 5 completions and 3 touchdowns (+2.3 receptions over expected). Fellow Rams cornerback Cobie Durant has been targeted in zone coverage 5 times, only allowing 3 completions for 16 yards.

The Rams have utilized 11 Personnel on every one of their 126 offensive plays this season (100%).  They will be without their top wide receivers, Cooper Kupp and Puka Nacua, against the 49ers.

Matthew Stafford has faced a higher pressure rate with Cooper Kupp off the field (39.9%) than with Kupp on the field (32.0%) since the start of last season.

Stafford has recorded an average time to throw of 2.80 seconds with Kupp off the field, up from 2.65 seconds with Kupp on the field. Stafford has completed 10+ passes to four different receivers when under pressure since the start of last season, including Kupp (14), Puka Nacua (17), Kyren Williams (16), and Tyler Higbee (13), but will be without three of the four against the 49ers.

So week 3 what have we learned:

- Maybe the Saints aren't all that (well duh)
- Same for the Cowboys (again duh)
- And the Ravens (seriously how do you let the Cowboys back in that game) 
- KC is the new Pats: they win even when they also aren't all that and it's debatable if they should
- Yeah, Watson still sucks and the Browns' QB curse continues 
- The 49ers and Rams need to be healthy or they're doomed

Edited by bomont

2 hours ago, Docknstein11 said:

He really hasn’t displayed any of those traits since being drafted aside from being incredibly confident in himself which you seem to think is a bad thing. Immature how? Entitled how? Self righteous how? The hate for the dude is still so very strange to me because he seems like a pretty normal person considering the attention that’s been on him his entire adult life. 

I think his haters go a little overboard, but to say you literally have NO idea at all why people bring up character/personality red flags with him seems willfully ignorant. I'm not saying it's a fire like some are, but there's some smoke.

As of now I'm still leaning towards him being naturally talented enough that he'll ultimately be fine, but I understand why his personality and the way he conducts himself rubs some people the wrong way

59 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I think his haters go a little overboard, but to say you literally have NO idea at all why people bring up character/personality red flags with him seems willfully ignorant. I'm not saying it's a fire like some are, but there's some smoke.

As of now I'm still leaning towards him being naturally talented enough that he'll ultimately be fine, but I understand why his personality and the way he conducts himself rubs some people the wrong way

He’s a bears fan. He has to be hopeful. With that said. He’s got some of the best pocket awareness/Mobility/escapability I’ve seen in a while. He’s like Big Ben fused with Cunningham. He got that movement. Really unreal attribute watching.