BDL 2024 Week 3: Cancun Kaiju @ Raleigh Firebirds

RedGold

Who wins?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cancun Kaiju
    • Raleigh Firebirds

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/26/2024 at 04:01 AM

Raleigh has made this a fight and I see why with an offense that I think has been unfairly maligned in prior weeks and can put some points up in this matchup. Stafford showed us this week to put respect on his name.

The issue largely comes down to facing a top 3 BDL offense in Cancun whose offseason OL additions and DK Metcalf have massively provided Mahomes the tools to march forward undefeated to date. Despite facing a tough as nails Raleigh DL

Though it pains me greatly to do so, I am voting for Cancun. 

I truly believe Pete won the hearts and minds of the BDL. Cancun's game plan and responses to in this thread reek of poor sportsmanship. However, I cannot ignore the fact that though entertaining what I gathered from Pete's offense game plan is they have 50/50 offense focusing on play action. He mentions Mark Andrews a lot, who he's been lackluster this year, and potentially a gang bang/ orgy with Cancun's defense. 

Cancun's offense is elite. It's very close. Cancun loses a ton of points for have bad corners, bad attitudes, and boring diagrams. 

• Like 1

Well well well. If it isn't the much discussed, much debated Cancun-Raleigh match-up in the flesh.

My first impression, which I discussed elsewhere, is the drastic shift in trajectory from the Week 3 games between Mahomes and Stafford. On one hand, you have the resilient Rams doing the impossible and beating the 9ers with a late comeback, and you've got the underwhelming Mahomes just scraping by with a narrow win, throwing a pretty bad INT in the process. An upset vote isn't out of the question, but I'll have to turn my attention to the gameplan and rosters.

Key takeaways from the rosters: Metcalf and Olave are on the upswing, Taylor is starting to look like old Taylor again, and the Cancun defense is very good, although Kayvon remains underwhelming. Jack Jones, apparently, hates tackling, but the rise of Zyon must be acknowledged.

On the other side, Mason has been solid, "144" has done the unthinkable and is actually an impact player, but the rest of the offense appears to be solid at best. Defensively, Jalen Carter was a wrecking ball in Week 3 and Budda Baker cannot be ignored.

As far as gameplans: it seems like Cancun started off wanting to engage in banter, but only provoked Raleigh to bring the heat, who decisively won the meme war. 

Despite this loss, this one feels like a Chiefs' classic: the offensive weapons on Cancun are able to do enough to build a lead, then the resurgent Stafford is able to respond late, leading to the refs bailing out Mahomes on the final drive to work Cancun into FG range for the game-winner as time expires, 33-31.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BodyBurner said:

Cancun's game plan and responses to in this thread reek of poor sportsmanship., and potentially a gang bang/ orgy with Cancun's defense.

🤨 

1 hour ago, BodyBurner said:

Cancun's offense is elite. It's very close. Cancun loses a ton of points for have bad corners, bad attitudes, and boring diagrams. 

Attitudes plural? I’m legitimately confused. As for boring diagrams, your hate will not deter me going forward. Before you arrived I was tired of explaining the nuances of match coverage and alignment. But if there’s a consensus of understanding that no longer warrants these, I’ll acquiesce to the masses and pander to the mob.

On 9/22/2024 at 12:50 PM, RedGold said:

Cancun

We are excited to be playing the Raleigh Firebirds this week. We do not like or respect this team. No team in the league talks more undeserved **** than Raleigh, which has yet to even reach .500 under its current ownership. We intend to use this week to show them what a contender looks like and just how far away they are from being one.

On 9/22/2024 at 12:50 PM, RedGold said:

Raleigh

Disclaimer: This game plan will criticize Blue's players. I know that Blue is a sensitive flower and is a special baby boy. I would like it to be known that the things said are in an attempt to win a BDL matchup and not to be a mean girl. The invitation is extended to Blue after the matchup that if he needs to reaffirm that he is a good boy, I am open to holding him and singing to him and giving him all the love and snuggles he needs to make sure he know how much he is loved. 

I mean, with all do respect to everyone here, keeping in mind that I am neutral and love you all, let’s look at the whole sportsmanship conversation without being biased.

53 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

🤨

Attitudes plural? I’m legitimately confused. As for boring diagrams, your hate will not deter me going forward. Before you arrived I was tired of explaining the nuances of match coverage and alignment. But if there’s a consensus of understanding that no longer warrants these, I’ll acquiesce to the masses and pander to the mob.

I was being a little sarcastic.