The good, the bad, the we lost to the panthers

NickButera

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Getting shellacked by the worst team in the NFL at home save for a couple.of garbage time scores and them letting off the gas is never not as bad as it seems. 

A bad product is a bad product. I like pizza. Even if I love a particular place's pizza, if I get one that's undercooked with moldy cheese and expired funky pepperoni, it's bad and always will be.

Honestly it’s a lose lose situation destined for qb purgatory draft wise if we win and he get fired if we lose. You never want to turn down a hc opp but I would’ve just stuck with champ. Telesco making moves like he has 5 years to spare and ap doesn’t. 

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Strangely, i was more impressed with the Panthers nucleus then i was with the Chargers when we played them both. 

Carolina whooped us, i felt we beat ourselves with San Diego.

Chargers had a revenge game vs us and we lost that

Yesterday’s spot is a hard one. Panthers a better roster than last year were desperate for a win. The first game after the backup is always a hype spot. We were in for a letdown game after the Baltimore 

Dave Canales the Journeyman QB whisper. He probably might turn Dalton into the Next Geno and Baker. Bryce Young was a bigger disaster than we think 

Edited by bucksavage1

8 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I saw enough last year, which is why I didn't want to see him hired. Kicking FGs down 3 scores against the Chiefs. Conservative play calling and poor clock management. Team was hot and cold. It's all carried over. 

I didn't trust him to hire the right people on offense, he some how managed to exceed my fears. 

He can have the year, but unless there is massive improvement, do you trust this guy with your future QB? Do you trust him to assemble a better offensive staff? 

I am certainly not convinced, there are some positives like the much lower penalties, he actually has gotten results against good teams like the Ravens and Chiefs but as you say, game management issues, questionable choices, scheme confusion.

The one advantage I feel he has over McDaniels is that he’s raw as can be as a coach, can he improve and figure some things out. I’d like to see if he can seeing as we’ve given him the job. I want to see some semblance of consistency, I want to see this identity he’s trying to create and I want to see improvement and as you say something that suggests they could be trusted with a first round rookie QB, the most valuable asset you can have.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

At the end of of this season AP will have had more time to prove himself then McDaniels got.

Slightly different situation with McDaniels I think as he’s obviously had previous stays as HC and obvious history. Pierce being so inexperienced is an unknown quantity so there’s much more unknown and variables I feel. 

For the record and before I get accused of being a homer, shill, related to Pierce etc. I was fully behind a Jim Harbaugh hire. I just want a young HC to get a fair shot before we pull the plug.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Just like jmdz they both deserve blame. Telesco had many chances to draft a qb or get one in fa. You gush over telesco for getting bowers neglecting our oline now we can’t even throw him the ball cause our oline sucks. Just like jmd and ziegs tied at the hip so is telesco and ap. Now we get to play The Who had final say game on personnel decisions. Like you say rinse wash repeat

So much wrong in the post....

Many chances to draft a QB? 6 went before they picked. A complete draft anomaly.

Neglecting the Oline? He drafted Powers-Johnson and Glaze with top 100 picks both who look like they have futures as starters. Did you prefer he shell out 100 million on OG as some teams did this offseason?

Telesco and AP being tied at the hip? Based on what?

Telesco has final say on the roster. AP on the staff. Which one is the bigger problem? I'd say the likes of Getsy, his pick of Oline coach and switching to a zone scheme are the issue. AP hired him to run the football and it's looking like a mistake. 

You seem to be upset Telesco didn't trade the farm to trade up for a QB. Or overpay signing Oline in FA. I'm not a Telesco guy, but he was measured, they drafted well for the future. The problem people have is they overrated this team coming in expecting playoffs. JMD/DZ left things a mess they need to draft their way out of it to some degree. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Slightly different situation with McDaniels I think as he’s obviously had previous stays as HC and obvious history. Pierce being so inexperienced is an unknown quantity so there’s much more unknown and variables I feel. 

For the record and before I get accused of being a homer, shill, related to Pierce etc. I was fully behind a Jim Harbaugh hire. I just want a young HC to get a fair shot before we pull the plug.

AP has zero coordinator experience or any meaningful NFL coaching experience that points to him being a good coach or worth giving an extended chance too. The appeal of AP was that he is a motivator and that the defense played better after he took over. (Completely ignoring that we played a bunch of backups)

The team hasn't looked motivated and the defense has been pretty damn bad against better competition. Ideally you get a young QB next off-season, I have zero faith in AP / Getsy to steer him the right way. Better to cut your losses then to continue to have blind faith in a coach that has literally proven nothing and has a losing record with the current team. 

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

AP has zero coordinator experience or any meaningful NFL coaching experience that points to him being a good coach or worth giving an extended chance too. The appeal of AP was that he is a motivator and that the defense played better after he took over. (Completely ignoring that we played a bunch of backups)

The team hasn't looked motivated and the defense has been pretty damn bad against better competition. Ideally you get a young QB next off-season, I have zero faith in AP / Getsy to steer him the right way. Better to cut your losses then to continue to have blind faith in a coach that has literally proven nothing and has a losing record with the current team. 

To be fair, the defense played great the first 2 weeks. Maxx being hobbled week 3 really exposed the fact that without a pass rush, the secondary is not very good. Especially at safety. 

Easy to be prisoners of the moment. The defense will bounce back. If Watson has a field day, then we panic. 

Agree with AP/Getsy being around to groom a young QB. Nor do I think AP gets a mulligan to hire a new offensive staff. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Many chances to draft a QB? 6 went before they picked. A complete draft anomaly.

Neglecting the Oline? He drafted Powers-Johnson and Glaze with top 100 picks both who look like they have futures as starters. Did you prefer he shell out 100 million on OG as some teams did this offseason?

Telesco has final say on the roster. AP on the staff. Which one is the bigger problem? I'd say the likes of Getsy, his pick of Oline coach and switching to a zone scheme are the issue. AP hired him to run the football and it's looking like a mistake. 

You seem to be upset Telesco didn't trade the farm to trade up for a QB. Or overpay signing Oline in FA. I'm not a Telesco guy, but he was measured, they drafted well for the future. The problem people have is they overrated this team coming in expecting playoffs. JMD/DZ left things a mess they need to draft their way out of it to some degree. 

JPJ doesn’tactually look like anything yet. He's played 21 total snaps. Let's stick to reality instead of fantasy booking more 2 TE sets and using a TE as a RB, FB, TE, and WR which don't, unsurprisingly, come to pass. 

47 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

JPJ doesn’tactually look like anything yet. He's played 21 total snaps. Let's stick to reality instead of fantasy booking more 2 TE sets and using a TE as a RB, FB, TE, and WR which don't, unsurprisingly, come to pass. 

Ah... another BPA value pick you want to hate on I see. He has clear upside, that is reality. 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

So you say ap has final say on staff but telesco on roster you have a link for that?

So say ap wants kliff and kliff says I need a real qb that works for my system. Telesco says best I can do is Gardner? What oc would want to work with aoc and Gardner. 

throwing mid to late round picks at positions of dire need rarely works. While jpj and glaze picks were cool they have yet to make a impact and it’s yet to see if they’ll be good enough to take a starters job. 

for example take you boy harbs he doesn’t play he needs a ot and takes alt and he’s a instant starter for at least 5 yrs. Not a flyer on a 2nd or 3rd rounder.