Caleb Williams

Vladimir L

22 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I think the dislike of Caleb's character is a bit overblown. He's not humble but that's about it. He kind of reminds me of Cam Newton in that regard. All swagger in the league before it felt like he had earned it. I didn't like that. Then he earned it quickly and my opinion changed.

If Caleb were playing well his attitude would be a bonus. He's not playing well and it doesn't feel like he's earned it, and many of us don't like that... But it isn't really a character defect. It doesn't seem to cross into the territory of gross arrogance.

Can came in way more raw. Dropped back to

Back 400+ yard games. Was the fastest player to each 1000 yards and lord knows how many TDs rushing. Caleb is as. Look at what Jayden’s doing in a much worse org imo. Jayden was supposed to be the worst QB our the big 3 and he’s shown

more. 

14 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Oh come on… Washington EASILY, EASILY has the worst offensive line in the National Football League and Daniels is doing just fine. Patriots have a Bottom 3 OL and Maye will likely look like a stud. 

PFF graded the Bears OL 14th going into the season. Caleb takes forever to make a decision and seems lost most of the time. 

Dude has the best WR/TE group a Rookie QB has ever had in NFL History. 

How does the Chicago OL grade out right now compared to the WAS OL in terms of pass block win rates?

I'm not saying it's not bad, but Chicago's OL is very much a problem and Shane Waldron sucks and doesn't know how to mitigate that. Same issues we faced in Seattle with him here, Geno Smith had to be a freaking wizard at dodging blitzers in order to produce. He was dead last in pressure % but top 5 in metrics when under pressure.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

How does the Chicago OL grade out right now compared to the WAS OL in terms of pass block win rates?

I'm not saying it's not bad, but Chicago's OL is very much a problem and Shane Waldron sucks and doesn't know how to mitigate that. Same issues we faced in Seattle with him here, Geno Smith had to be a freaking wizard at dodging blitzers in order to produce. He was dead last in pressure % but top 5 in metrics when under pressure.

Washington gave up 65 sacks last year 

Just now, bigbadbuff said:

You in no way can say Maye will likely look like a stud.

I’m not a Caleb fan but that’s a weak argument 

We shall see. I think Maye is a superstar in waiting. I actually think he’s quite similar to your boy Allen (who is one of my favorite QB’s). Maye will be doing a ton of power runs just like Allen does. Lots of Rushing TD’s. Also has a complete laser arm. And extremely high football IQ. 

I think Maye has Top 5 QB Superstar Potential. I do not think of Caleb in the same way. 

I also don’t think Maye or Daniels need a good OL. They are weapons on the ground and also both have top tier football IQ unlike Caleb. 

Even if Maye fails as a real life QB (he won’t), he’s gonna be the new Fantasy QB King alongside Josh Allen. 

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I will repeat, Washington has the worst OL in the league. Caleb makes the Bears OL appear way worse. 

You have to be good under pressure. Something you have or you don’t. It’s not something you develop. Maye, Daniels, McCarthy all looked promising under pressure in college. Caleb did not. The two good defenses he played and had pressure on him, he folded like a sack of potatoes. 

Edited by Tank4Drake

59 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Remember when bear fans were happy they were getting Waldron. I do. 

Losing Getsy was a big plus.  

Sadly Waldron negated most of that gain.   

Ppl are going a little nuts here.   It’s been 3 games.   If he looks bad by the end of year, sure, let’s have a discussion.  

Frankly I’d kill to have Caleb in DEN.   He’s made mistakes but his quick reads and decisions and escapability / big time throws I’ve seen tells me he’ll be fine as long as he doesn’t get killed.   

This isn’t even close to Young / Stroud.    What I’ve seen from both Daniels & Williams tells me both orgs will be happy with the guys they got.   It doesn’t have to be binary.    

Edited by Broncofan

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

Can came in way more raw. Dropped back to

Back 400+ yard games. Was the fastest player to each 1000 yards and lord knows how many TDs rushing. Caleb is as. Look at what Jayden’s doing in a much worse org imo. Jayden was supposed to be the worst QB our the big 3 and he’s shown

more. 

How in the hell are we a much worse organization?. Everyone that ruined the team is gone. Harris has improved every single aspect of the team and has pumped a ton into the facilities. My lord man, give us some kind of credit lol

• Like 2