Week 4 GDT (More like week 3 1/2) Cowboys vs Gmen 9/26 TNF @ 8:15PM Est

Giants4eva

@Shockwave Sorry bud I'm back! LOL .. After the longest title for a GDT ever.. here we are. Sitting at 1-2 is honestly a shocker even for me right now. I didn't think we had a chance of any kind versus the Browns. I have to commend this team for sticking together and showing us a sign of some hope for this season. With that said, onto the Cowboys. 

I cannot believe what I'm about to say.. I truly think we have a shot at beating these guys. I've watched the Cowboys play a few games into this young season and what I come away with from this team is they seem to be missing something on offense and even something on defense. For their offense, I see CeeDee Lamb looking frustrated as recent as last game against the Ravens. Dak isn't looking as deadly as I remember him either. The defense is still pretty stout with Parsons and Lawrence doing their usual routine. But even them.. i don't see them as dominant as years past. 

If Daniel Jones wants to show us something, he has to beat this team. They have owned him and owned him bad. Demarcus Lawrence almost drools any time he gets a chance to play us and rightfully so with the damage he's done to us. DJ needs to keep an eye on another guy who feasts on him and that's Treyvon Diggs. Jones has to be patient and has to be able to get the ball out to Nabers and Wan'dale. Motor needs to have better ball security and bail DJ out on some small passes out of the backfield. 

The defense has to expose this Dallas oline. They are coming in with 2 rookies in Guyton and Beebe and we need to make them pay. Dex has to make Beebe's life miserable in this one and take it to him. Thibs needs to show up this game. He's been almost invisible coming into week 4 here. Spida and Azeez need to cause some damage as well.  CeeDee has to be contained by Banks for us to make this team one dimensional. If can keep an eye on Lamb, we may finally not get destroyed by a Cowboy tight end.  This is a desperate Cowboy team coming into our house and we owe them some damn payback. 

Giants 26 / Cowboys 24

Daboll / Schoen hot seat watch meter ---- currently 78/100 --Lightish red..above hot.. a cool hot but hot..(fans still unhappy with them) 

Edited by Giants4eva

@Giants4eva Why are you tempting fate? I can’t believe this!

Every matchup is tough for the Giants, this is no different. The Cowboys strength is throwing the ball. Giants are expected to be without Andru Philips and Adoree leaving Banks, Flott, and the potentially returning McCloud as our top 3. Practice squad Art Green and once a starter, always a starter Tre Hawkins.

On offense, we need to run the ball. Cowboys are dead last in stopping the run. We need to limit possessions by the Cowboys offense.

• Like 2

The hope is there. The Cowboys are the weakest we've seen them in a while. Their defense looks out of sorts overall with Dan Quinn no longer running the show, and their run defense specifically is incredibly suspect. On offense, they look to be locked into getting CeeDee the ball and are inefficient when they can't do that.

All that said, Dak owns us and we haven't sacked him since 2021. Hopes will get dashed tomorrow night. Expect at least 2 turnovers from our offense and none by Dallas and CeeDee to go off with 150+ yards.

Cowboys 31 Giants 10

Don't have a good feeling at all. Things change in the NFL every week. It just feels like this is the week the Cowboys defensive gameplan is perfect and we are just stymied all game. And our CBs are just going to have a hell of a time covering CeeDee, Cooks and Ferguson. I hope I'm wrong and genuinely believe in the way Daboll is building this team and game planning but I think DAL is such a bad matchup for us.

39 minutes ago, GMENNATION said:

Don't have a good feeling at all. Things change in the NFL every week. It just feels like this is the week the Cowboys defensive gameplan is perfect and we are just stymied all game. And our CBs are just going to have a hell of a time covering CeeDee, Cooks and Ferguson. I hope I'm wrong and genuinely believe in the way Daboll is building this team and game planning but I think DAL is such a bad matchup for us.

We actually match up better against them right now than we have in a long time. Their run defense is awful and we are running the ball well. We have a legit #1 WR, and Daron Bland is injured, their #2 corner Caelen Carson is Doubtful, and Trevon Diggs doesn't follow #1 receivers. We don't have a disaster artist on the OL anymore. Our pass rush has woken up and they have some small weaknesses along the OL. Their weapons outside of CeeDee Lamb aren't doing much. We have as good a chance as we've had in years.

That's exactly why it is going to sting so badly when we get blown out by them again tonight.

I would feel better about this game if we had our #2 and Slot CB. It takes a perfect game to beat a team that owns us as much as the Cowboys have. I did see us play a perfect half against the Browns. The question is, can we play four quarters like that? I could say we will win simply because their defense is not what it used to be, and this is the best our offensive line has been. But it is pretty hard to ignore history. I expect us to be competitive for three quarters, and if things go our way, we could be competitive for four quarters and perhaps steal a win.

If there was ever a time to get a win over a Dak led Boys team this is it. We have a little momentum, big D is one loss away from total media chaos. We're at home, pretty healthy, they are beat up on D. But man I still don't see a way. They just own us.. especially in prime time. I really hope they make me eat crow but if I'm being real...

Dallas: 23
Giants: 17

I'm just hoping for a "productive loss" like don't get embarrassed off the field. Be in it til the end. Walk away with some positives. 

This game was a microcosm of everything that's wrong with us. Almost everything that could go wrong for Dallas did outside of a blown call early on, and we still find ways to lose.

Edited by y*so*blu

There are a lot of reasons we lost this game, but the big ones are drops and underthrown passes. This would have been a blowout if DJ could connect on ANY deep pass. He had different receivers running free down the field and couldn't hit any of them. Then in the 4th quarter, there were multiple extremely costly drops on well thrown passes that would have given us a chance. 

This was a close game, and it is because Dallas is bad this year. We are just definitively a little bit worse. Hopefully our top-5 pick is a QB who can actually throw the ball deep.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

There are a lot of reasons we lost this game, but the big ones are drops and underthrown passes. This would have been a blowout if DJ could connect on ANY deep pass. He had different receivers running free down the field and couldn't hit any of them. Then in the 4th quarter, there were multiple extremely costly drops on well thrown passes that would have given us a chance. 

This was a close game, and it is because Dallas is bad this year. We are just definitively a little bit worse. Hopefully our top-5 pick is a QB who can actually throw the ball deep.

Cant argue. The more i look back on this one the way i see it is we lost due to timely drops and underthrown passes by DJ. I think also we are severely lacking in the run game. Between Devin and the rookie Tracy last night they just were getting stuffed at the line. And i cant help but seem to get anxious when they get gang tackled and feel like they are gonna have a fumble. 

The biggest thing i came away with thought is Jones underthrowing passes. There was easily 2 TDs left out on the field because he couldn't the ball to our WRs in stride and it's just unacceptable. He's under a microscope and last night is just more fuel to the fire with him.