2024 GDT Week #3 Steelers 3-0 Visit the Colts 1-2

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

Good view of the late botched snap. McCormick taps Frazier and Fields raises leg. All signs we're ready for silent count snap. Fields not watching for the ball and still looking around. Frazier even waives back to Fields to indicate silent count on and Fields isn't looking.

This looks to be 100% on Fields. Especially how everyone else saw and was set and ready to go.

That wide view really does show that to be on Fields. I stand corrected. The close view made it look entirely on Frazier. This one shows the fuller picture. Goes to show how even camera angles can push narratives. 

I feel like Hoke says things at times to just get noticed but this was really insightful. Something just from the thumbnail of the article though, look at the ankle flexion that Patterson has there and still balanced. Warren has that when healthy. Harris does not.

Just talked to a student of mine who was a D1 C at Temple. He likes talking ball with me and we were talking about the Steelers snap issues. He was very complementary of both Herbig (pre-injury) and Frazier. He said the under C exchange issues have been Fields slow to pull out and the shotgun issues has been Fields starting the count then not looking down. He said it's like he starts the motion too late, then the defense is still settling as he calls for the snap (which is what should happen), but then it's like he's second guessing who he ID'd across the board and not being ready for the snap.

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

That wide view really does show that to be on Fields. I stand corrected. The close view made it look entirely on Frazier. This one shows the fuller picture. Goes to show how even camera angles can push narratives. 

These are growing pain things. Tomlin will make big issue out of things like this but not the 300 other questionable things that went on this game. 

It all starts with that miserable first quarter. Not trying to be negative on Tomlin but these games / starts are always on him I feel. Its what 17 years now and you have a very distinct pattern of not showing up in these games where the chips are down against the other team. Doing same thing over and over again and expecting different results ...the definition of insanity?? ..either he is, or we are, for thinking something would be different. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

James Daniels career as a Steelers player is over 

Actually,  now there is a chance they will sign him in 2025. There was no chance before the injury...lol...think about it. All they have to do now is move Fautanu to guard for the rest of the season...doh!!!

3 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Love Herbig as much as the next guy but hopefully the "Herbig should start over Highsmith" comments end after this game (moreso on Twitter, not here). 

Didn't see any evidence to suggest that at all. He also hurt his ankle, but came back. He should start if healthy. Highsmith can move around because he is more appropriate on the left side than Herbig imo. He c

3 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Love Herbig as much as the next guy but hopefully the "Herbig should start over Highsmith" comments end after this game (moreso on Twitter, not here). 

Couldn't disagree more...

1 hour ago, rlon said:

Didn't see any evidence to suggest that at all. He also hurt his ankle, but came back. He should start if healthy. Highsmith can move around because he is more appropriate on the left side than Herbig imo. He c

Couldn't disagree more...

They ran right at herbig and away from tj. Highsmith holds the edge significantly better and that is why he starts. Herbig as a 3rd rusher maximizes his strong area and covers up his weak spot. 

There is more to the whole story on why our run defense had its worst day this season but no Highsmith is tops on the list.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

They ran right at herbig and away from tj. Highsmith holds the edge significantly better and that is why he starts. Herbig as a 3rd rusher maximizes his strong area and covers up his weak spot. 

There is more to the whole story on why our run defense had its worst day this season but no Highsmith is tops on the list.

But I was told before the game that Herbig was fine at run defense....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

🎯 

• Like 3