Week 4 Thread: (2-1) Commanders at (1-2) Cardinals, 4 PM on FOX

MikeT14

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

His last sentence said that Fowler was 40th in the league at 14.6%

Right but again, what’s league average?  Like I said in my post, if you look at starters, Fowler is solidly ‘above average’ despite being ranked at 40, which out of 96 or 128 is not bad at all.  

9 hours ago, 4209 said:

I am still not please with Allen and Payne. Yes its early and we have new system but so for I think we need Newton playing so more.  Heard some good news today. Newton was full participate in today pratice. Great we need better play from the D line.

Like I said, their talent level and wha they are getting paid, they need to be more than ‘average’ to ‘slightly above average’ getting pressure on the QB.  

18 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Can we give the OL coach Bobby Johnson his flowers? A lot of people hated the hiring but he's done a good job with the OL

On the other side, can we fire Joe Whitt Jr after 3 games? I guess he's just a caretaker running D Qs scheme but dog we're awful. Something has gotta give !

On 9/25/2024 at 8:50 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

I am hoping McBride is healthy, not just for my main fantasy team, but to see how we handle a legit TE who can do it all.  TE has historically been a position we struggle to defend. 

Well… he’s out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

On the other side, can we fire Joe Whitt Jr after 3 games? I guess he's just a caretaker running D Qs scheme but dog we're awful. Something has gotta give !

Well we don’t have the players on defense also. We knew coming in our edge players & corners sucked.

Cardinals are favored.

I think most people, including our own fans believe what we saw Monday Night was an aberration.

That it can't possibly happen again, or continue.

Not just the non-punting aspect, but Daniels looking that good.

It's going to be interesting to see what we can do on the road AGAIN & without Austin Ekeler.

We really need our Defense to perform better.

They don't need to play lights out, but maybe force a turnover or something.

I mean right now?

They look so bad?

That I'm not sure an upper college SEC college program team, could have success against us.

It not just coverage, neither.

Can't rush the passer....

Can't tackle...(At least consistently)

It's like yen & yang with the Offense vs Defense.

The Defense looks like the worst ever....

But the Offense looks like best ever...

I cannot wrap my brain around any of this, honestly.

Eventually, something has to come to a head.

Either Defenses start to figure us out, or our Defense gets comfortable & starts to play better. Maybe both...

Maybe we need to platoon?

Put our Offensive players on Defense. 😂 Lololol

Since they're the only ones who have a handle on game day situations.

Quinn/Whitt better make some big frickin changes on Defense.   What to do?
-We need to stop playing this heavy defensive back defense cause it isn't helping.  We are neither stopping the passing game or stopping the run.  Ironically, they will probably go to straight man coverage just in time for Forbes to come back.

-Chinn should be benched for Forrest.

-I want to see more of payne, allen and newton in the same sets.

-I might put Jamin Davis in at DE not so much to solve our pressure but to have an extra linebacker on the field.  This might help our run defense especially outside the box.  

-Heck, bring back the high school coach he got more out of the defensive backs than we are seeing now?

-But for god sakes make some scheme adjustments.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Can we give the OL coach Bobby Johnson his flowers? A lot of people hated the hiring but he's done a good job with the OL

People thought I was crazy, but I thought Johnson was a better coach than what many were giving him credit for.  He’s not Bill Callahan, but he’s a good coach.  

• Like 1