What is Travis Hunter

Chiefer

Someone brought up a good point I heard on a different thread, if he does indeed play offensive and defensively he would be getting ripped off financially because of the snap count, even if it was half time on offense or defense and full time on the other, that is still a hell of a lot of snaps.  So on that rookie deal he would be getting ripped off, 2nd contract maybe different but not sure he can honestly play both ways at a high level.  Has any NFL player ever done that before, I cannot think of one.

I think WR is where he is at, has way too thin of a lower body to consistently tackle at a high level I feel, such thin lower legs could be an issue but could be a bigger issue on defense but then again at WR he will be getting cut down from the legs often as well so could get hurt either way.  

Now that Colorado has an inkling of a football team outside of just the two stars, it will be fun to watch Hunter go up against Arizona, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State and most importantly Utah.  Utah is the front runner for the Big 12 and not sure that Colorado OL can hold up against that toughness with the Utah defense.  Best CB he could go up against as a WR is arguably Mello Dotson on Kansas or Cobee Bryant on Kansas and best WR he will go up against is Tetairoa McMillan on Arizona.  

I think he's a CB. He's graded slightly higher and the CB position is currently more important than WR (even though contracts don't currently show it). It's way harder to find a good/great CB than a WR. It's also possible to create good aggregate WR play and it is not really possible to do that with CB. Were all things equal he'd make much more as a receiver in today's market, but he'd enter the league a top 20 CB vs what as WR? It's possible that he's not even the best receiver on his team... but he does play both ways, so it seems fair to assume he'd be better if he only played 1 side of the ball.

I think he's a better CB, CB is more valuable to teams and there is less CB talent in the NFL. I think that in the NFL he'd be much closer to the top of the position as a CB and thus would be more likely to get a large 2nd contract. I think that CB contracts are the next lottery ticket. The WRs and QBs are paid and the buyer's remorse backlash is coming.

I think if he could bulk up and play a bit more disciplined as a CB, he could go two-ways. If he plays two ways in the NFL, it won't be full-time. It would be more like full-time CB with about 40% snap share on offense. I don't know if they could really go the other way; maybe full-time WR and CB on obvious passing situations like 3rd & long?