BDL 2024 Week 4: Hungary Hippos @ Las Vegas Bangers

RedGold

Who wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Hungary Hippos
    • Las Vegas Bangers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2024 at 04:01 AM

10 minutes ago, PR said:

Tre Brown will play in 3WR... so... guess who covers Jennings..  that leaves the two Linebackers in Wilson or Shaq Thompson to cover the TE.. the point was to point out with your defensive strategy you have commited everyone. Corners to WRs, safeties playing back, a blitzer from LB on every other play, a LB covering the RB. You don't have anyone left and Ertz is the planned safety valve for Goff so literally gets to toss to Ertz all game if someone blitzes because there is no coverage. When he is flexed out, he gets even more yardage. It's probably the easiest game of pitch and catch.

Color me confused "homie". Someone seems to be altering their gameplan on the fly. Where in your gameplan are your LBs covering my TE?

Are those the same LBs you said have to be "ready to blitz to flush Lamar out in passing downs".  Who can stop this nightcrawler defense they are everywhere. Blitzing and covering my TE at the same time.

No gameplan is perfect. And I am certainly not an Mwil level defensive strategist.

But seems to me that if all I'm giving up to your gameplan is that on every other down you are giving me an unblocked pass rush while hoping Zach Ertz can be the difference than I didn't do too bad.

If you want to get defensive and not actually hear that I'm trying to help you in future weeks because I want you two to continue to succeed then it is what it is. Take care man.

Week 4: Las Vegas Gameplan (at home vs Hungary Hippos)

Chapter 3: Jazz Isn’t Music

IR slowly gazes out over the ramparts of Heart Attack Grillisium, the palatial desert home of the Bangers, and spies the never-ending siege lines of New Orleans. For days now, his defense has stood alone, repelling attack after attack from the Jazz. His body now weary, his fierce dark beard singed by gunpowder, and eyes hollow from lack of sleep, but his spirit and those of his defenders remains unbroken.

“Sir,” his valet Mr. Horn says meekly, “any word from the rest of the men?”

“No, but fear not, Mr. Horn. We have all the men we need right here. For fewer men a greater share of glory.”

As night falls, the smooth saxophone of war echoes across the tattered battlefield, driving the Jazz forward. IR climbs onto the ramparts, almost daring the Jazz to fire.

“Men, to your battle stations! This is our finest hour. Ladders will be broken, their will shattered, and NO QUARTER GIVEN!”

“NO MERCY! NO MERCY! NO MERCY!” the men chant, their voices rising in unison. Ladders and climbing hooks rattle against the walls. Wave after wave of musicians scramble to the top just to be repelled. Their horrific jazz riffs fading from earshot as they tumble from the ramparts to the dirt below. Suddenly, a shell explodes overhead, knocking IR’s tricorne hat off and him to the ground. Two Jazz boys leap on top of him. IR draws his pistol and fires, killing one. Left with naught but a dagger, he lunges at the lone attacker who grabs IR’s wrist and a life or death struggle for control of the blade ensues.

When all seemed lost, a cloaked figure leaps down and, with great force, kicks the assailant over the walls. “Thank you, stranger. I owe you a life debt,” IR gasps, catching his breath. The figure turns, dramatically unveiling his cloak. Standing before IR, covered in grease, powdered sugar dust forming a cloud around him, and reeking of seafood, is BB.

“Don’t worry. I brought snacks,” BB laughs. The beleaguered defenders’ jaws dropped as a horde of muscle (and a few skinny skill-positions guys BB tolerates) dropped their cloaks in unison to reveal battle armor – the Banger’s offense had arrived to turn the tide. “Beefy men, Tally-Oh! Our quarry is before you. Fall in on your officers, tall to small, give me two ranks!” The men rallied behind their leaders, rejuvenated by the influx of fresh troops and orange slices, forming a line of battle.

“Would you like to do the honors?” BB asks.

“Of course,” IR replies with a smile. “READY… AIM… FIRE! FIX BAYONETS! CHARGE!”

The surge of the Bangers swept the weary Jazz troops from the field of war.

“Where did you come from?” IR asks, still catching his breath.

“Oh, we flew in,” BB says, gesturing to their fleet docked on Heart Attack Grillisium’s field.

“Boats sail,” IR retorts.

“Mine fly,” BB answers, grinning. “So, who’s next?”

“Hungry,” replies IR.

“Excellent! TO THE BOATS BOYS. Goulash for everyone,” yells BB.

IR grabs BB by the shoulders and shoves him in a chair. “The match is here. Please sit down,” IR sighs.

Yelling Pirates Of The Caribbean GIF

I read it in this tone.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Week 4: Las Vegas Gameplan (at home vs Hungary Hippos)

Chapter 3: Jazz Isn’t Music

IR slowly gazes out over the ramparts of Heart Attack Grillisium, the palatial desert home of the Bangers, and spies the never-ending siege lines of New Orleans. For days now, his defense has stood alone, repelling attack after attack from the Jazz. His body now weary, his fierce dark beard singed by gunpowder, and eyes hollow from lack of sleep, but his spirit and those of his defenders remains unbroken.

“Sir,” his valet Mr. Horn says meekly, “any word from the rest of the men?”

“No, but fear not, Mr. Horn. We have all the men we need right here. For fewer men a greater share of glory.”

As night falls, the smooth saxophone of war echoes across the tattered battlefield, driving the Jazz forward. IR climbs onto the ramparts, almost daring the Jazz to fire.

“Men, to your battle stations! This is our finest hour. Ladders will be broken, their will shattered, and NO QUARTER GIVEN!”

“NO MERCY! NO MERCY! NO MERCY!” the men chant, their voices rising in unison. Ladders and climbing hooks rattle against the walls. Wave after wave of musicians scramble to the top just to be repelled. Their horrific jazz riffs fading from earshot as they tumble from the ramparts to the dirt below. Suddenly, a shell explodes overhead, knocking IR’s tricorne hat off and him to the ground. Two Jazz boys leap on top of him. IR draws his pistol and fires, killing one. Left with naught but a dagger, he lunges at the lone attacker who grabs IR’s wrist and a life or death struggle for control of the blade ensues.

When all seemed lost, a cloaked figure leaps down and, with great force, kicks the assailant over the walls. “Thank you, stranger. I owe you a life debt,” IR gasps, catching his breath. The figure turns, dramatically unveiling his cloak. Standing before IR, covered in grease, powdered sugar dust forming a cloud around him, and reeking of seafood, is BB.

“Don’t worry. I brought snacks,” BB laughs. The beleaguered defenders’ jaws dropped as a horde of muscle (and a few skinny skill-positions guys BB tolerates) dropped their cloaks in unison to reveal battle armor – the Banger’s offense had arrived to turn the tide. “Beefy men, Tally-Oh! Our quarry is before you. Fall in on your officers, tall to small, give me two ranks!” The men rallied behind their leaders, rejuvenated by the influx of fresh troops and orange slices, forming a line of battle.

“Would you like to do the honors?” BB asks.

“Of course,” IR replies with a smile. “READY… AIM… FIRE! FIX BAYONETS! CHARGE!”

The surge of the Bangers swept the weary Jazz troops from the field of war.

“Where did you come from?” IR asks, still catching his breath.

“Oh, we flew in,” BB says, gesturing to their fleet docked on Heart Attack Grillisium’s field.

“Boats sail,” IR retorts.

“Mine fly,” BB answers, grinning. “So, who’s next?”

“Hungry,” replies IR.

“Excellent! TO THE BOATS BOYS. Goulash for everyone,” yells BB.

IR grabs BB by the shoulders and shoves him in a chair. “The match is here. Please sit down,” IR sighs.

Yelling Pirates Of The Caribbean GIF

I read it in this tone.

As long as we are entertaining I consider it a win.

• Like 3

Rough week for Hungary outside of Goff and Johnson, with almost zero ability to run the football or get anything from their other receiving positions in any capacity, whereas Evans, Robinson, Downs, and Lamar seemingly all had great games IRL. I’m going to have to come back to this one, as I don’t see how the Bangers don’t win this game by 2 TD.

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Rough week for Hungary outside of Goff and Johnson, with almost zero ability to run the football or get anything from their other receiving positions in any capacity, whereas Evans, Robinson, Downs, and Lamar seemingly all had great games IRL. I’m going to have to come back to this one, as I don’t see how the Bangers don’t win this game by 2 TD.

Mason Rudolph.... he completed 9 passes for 85 yards the rest of the game following the first quarter when Levis was hurt. What did you expect the WRs to do? Throw themselves the ball? 

5 minutes ago, PR said:

Mason Rudolph.... he completed 9 passes for 85 yards the rest of the game following the first quarter when Levis was hurt. What did you expect the WRs to do? Throw themselves the ball? 

Hard to imagine why I rarely post or vote in matchups here, my word.

17 minutes ago, PR said:

Your gameplan calls out the performances of the opponents' players, is it not fair to use the same logic and criteria when your players do the same?