Gameday Thread: Week 5 Giants @ Seahawks

Shockwave

Sunday marked the first time the Giants have had a player with a 100+ passer rating (Jones), a player with 100+ rush yards (Tracy), and a player with 100+ rec yards (Slayton) in the same game since Week 16, 2014 (Eli Manning, Andre Williams, and Odell Beckham Jr and Rueben Randle both with 100+ rec yds in win at Rams).

https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-season-week-5-what-we-learned-from-sunday-s-games

• Like 1

11 hours ago, minutemancl said:

This was the only good game DJ has played this year and his best since the wild card victory. He was good though! Really good! 

I don't recall one throw yesterday where I was like WTH ARE YOU THINKING!!!!????

He was so dialed in. The TD throw to Slayton was right on the money. 

Team has heart and is so scrappy. 14 point swing on one play and it's like it didn't phase them at all. (I'm still doubtful that ball wasn't across the line)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Sunday marked the first time the Giants have had a player with a 100+ passer rating (Jones), a player with 100+ rush yards (Tracy), and a player with 100+ rec yards (Slayton) in the same game since Week 16, 2014 (Eli Manning, Andre Williams, and Odell Beckham Jr and Rueben Randle both with 100+ rec yds in win at Rams).

https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-season-week-5-what-we-learned-from-sunday-s-games

First time we've had just a 100+ yard rusher and a 100+ yard receiver in the same game since Eli's final game in 2019.

The offensive ineptitude has gone on long enough. Let's hope we've reached the beginning of the end of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shockwave said:

I don't recall one throw yesterday where I was like WTH ARE YOU THINKING!!!!????

He was so dialed in. The TD throw to Slayton was right on the money. 

Team has heart and is so scrappy. 14 point swing on one play and it's like it didn't phase them at all. (I'm still doubtful that ball wasn't across the line)

He played fine the last few weeks, but the misses on deep balls and being off on a bunch of runner's balls that didn't allow for YAC were killing us. Yesterday, he had none of those. He was on the money deep, and was delivering balls right on the numbers. His numbers should have actually looked better than they were because of the drops. He was navigating the pocket well, making the right checks at the line, running over people, and delivering accurate balls. That was a really good looking Daniel Jones yesterday. Really good.

I still think we need to move on, but that doesn't mean I'm not rooting for him to do well. DJ playing well is going to win us games and give us a worse draft pick. Both benefit him.

• Like 2

What a win! This is 100% a COACHING win. So many good performances and those players deserve credit for executing but the coaches obviously had a good game plan in every phase of the game. I know it sounds ridiculous but I'm hoping Nabers being out was a blessing in disguise for this offense. They had to spread the ball around more and go figure, Slayton has a good day, Tracy obviously ran well but that also had a lot to do with OL, Theo Johnson caught every one of the five targets that went his way. We need to keep offenses honest. 

As a side note, I want to see Wan'Dale lose some snaps to Hyatt and it has nothing to do with Hyatt. I think Wan'Dale is a limited player and we overrate him as Giants fans. Having more plays with a Nabers/Slayton/Hyatt trio increases the odds for explosive plays. Any one of those three getting snaps out of the slot is going to put stress on a defense. Wan'Dale has a role but it's currently too large.