Week 5 General Discussion thread

BroncoSojia

Bills have their work cut out for them:

No Khalil Shakir, Taylor Rapp, Ed Oliver or Austin Johnson.

Bernard and Taron Johnson are questionable.

Sounds like Joe Mixon won’t play for Houston. Still some questions on their starting OL I believe as well. 

9 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

When are we going to talk about Mike Evan’s HOF discussion? He has the stats and rings.

Never. Mose mediocre WR ever. You’re rewarding him for getting 55-60 yards a game. Was never the best WR in this era. Nah I’m good. More deserving WRs on hold.

Holt, Chad, Steve smith and others. Mike Evans is the most mid wr ever. With his size and speed he should have gotten 1600 yards every year.. I cringe when people bring up Mike Evans. 

Even in this era he’s not even top 5-10. 

Just now, El Ramster said:

Never. Mose mediocre WR ever. You’re rewarding him for getting 55-60 yards a game. Was never the best WR in this era. Nah I’m good. More deserving WRs on hold.

Holt, Chad, Steve smith and others. Mike Evans is the most mid wr ever. With his size and speed he should have gotten 1600 yards every year.. I cringe when people bring up Mike Evans. 

Peak rammy

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Tell me I’m wrong? Even in the Super Bowl run. Cris Godwin was the guy. Tell me I’m a hater and out of pocket. Hall of very good but not HOF. 

tell me I’m wrong. 

Mike Evans looks like a monster again this year. He hasn't had an off year in his entire career. He's anything but mid. HOF is a debate to be had for sure, but yeah, you're way off talking about him being mid.

Edit: just looked it up...Mike Evans is currently #30 on all-time receiving yards and could climb way up that list if he keeps it up. He could go another five years with his play style.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Counter point these are the QBs he had throwing him the Ball. Josh Freeman trash. Mike Gleenon trash.  Jameis Winston  lol.  Ryan Fitzpatrick meh.  Brady for 3 years and finally Baker Mayfield.  It wasn't until later in his career did he finally got stable good QB play. He's at 12k yards and 100 tds. and he still has 12 games this season plus lets say he plays another 3-4 years he going end up really high on the all rime list. 

Edited by Blackstar12

49 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Mike Evans looks like a monster again this year. He hasn't had an off year in his entire career. He's anything but mid. HOF is a debate to be had for sure, but yeah, you're way off talking about him being mid.

Edit: just looked it up...Mike Evans is currently #30 on all-time receiving yards and could climb way up that list if he keeps it up. He could go another five years with his play style.

When was he ever in the conversation of the best WR? He’s never been in that convo. What’s his best? Top 10? 

idk. I look at Mike Evans I see a wr like Reggie Wayne, Rod Smith, Andre Reed, Erick Moulds, Steffon Diggs and Roddy White.

Ok WRs but never great. Jameis Winston was absolutely cooking with Mike Evans. Think Evans had his best years with famous Jamies.

Never a great just a solid WR who should sube been better. Bucs legend but there so many more better WRs. 

Ab

julio

davante 

aj green 

Hopkins 

Larry Fitz 

Demarious 

Megatron

Tyreek 

Odell

Call me a hater… Bucs nation 

10 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

When are we going to talk about Mike Evan’s HOF discussion? He has the stats and rings.

Dude produces no matter whose throwing him the ball. It's easy to forget how awful the QB play was pre-brady in Tampa. Won a SB, 1000 yards 10 straight years. Not first ballot but I think he for sure deserves a gold jacket. Made Johnny Manziel a 1st round pick, Johnny got a lot of credit for a lot of "Screw it Mike Evans is down there somewhere" balls in college

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

When was he ever in the conversation of the best WR? He’s never been in that convo. What’s his best? Top 10? 

idk. I look at Mike Evans I see a wr like Reggie Wayne, Rod Smith, Andre Reed, Erick Moulds, Steffon Diggs and Roddy White.

Ok WRs but never great. Jameis Winston was absolutely cooking with Mike Evans. Think Evans had his best years with famous Jamies.

Never a great just a solid WR who should sube been better. Bucs legend but there so many more better WRs. 

Ab

julio

davante 

aj green 

Hopkins 

Larry Fitz 

Demarious 

Megatron

Tyreek 

Odell

Call me a hater… Bucs nation 

How many career receiving yards do those guys have?

Hopkins is 23 all time fwiw.

6 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

How many career receiving yards do those guys have?

Hopkins is 23 all time fwiw.

If we’re going by longevity and work load. I’m talking about being elite. I’m taking Odell, Aj green, Metcalf, Aj Brown, Tyreek over Evans all day every day. Dudes who gonna bust some heads. 

12 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

We've talked about it before. He'll probably get in, but at this point has never been 1st Team All Pro. But the consistency numbers are certainly impressive even if he's never had that monster yardage total year. Especially good with the TDs totals.