Raiders WR Davante Adams requests trade

RaidersAreOne

48 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

There was really nothing easy for yall to do for sure. Trade up for McCarthy or Nix was pretty much it. It would have taken a significant amount to do so, and who would want to trade up for Bo Nix anyway?

I think signing Minshew and rolling with AOC was a decent move. The options weren't really there, (though I'm apparently way higher on Jameis than most and would have preferred him. Obviously Darnold too). They'll be better this upcoming offseason.

At the same time though it's almost always going to be difficult to acquire a good starter / potential franchise QB. They should've traded up for Penix if they really liked him that much. 

It's a decent move if you're trying to win 6-8 games, we need to either go all in to be a contender or go all in to rebuild. Committing to mediocre QB play for a decade + has kept us in the worst possible spot.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

There was really nothing easy for yall to do for sure. Trade up for McCarthy or Nix was pretty much it. It would have taken a significant amount to do so, and who would want to trade up for Bo Nix anyway?

I think signing Minshew and rolling with AOC was a decent move. The options weren't really there, (though I'm apparently way higher on Jameis than most and would have preferred him. Obviously Darnold too). They'll be better this upcoming offseason.

Why do you all keep doing this to me? 

Disney River GIF

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

At the same time though it's almost always going to be difficult to acquire a good starter / potential franchise QB. They should've traded up for Penix if they really liked him that much. 

It's a decent move if you're trying to win 6-8 games, we need to either go all in to be a contender or go all in to rebuild. Committing to mediocre QB play for a decade + has kept us in the worst possible spot.

I think this is the year to do it. I think the Raiders should tank right now. If you trade Adams it should make it a bit easier to trade up if necessary... and I actually like the QB depth in this draft quite a bit more. I'm not sure the top 2 will project nearly as high, but after that I think it's stronger.

I've never been a big Jimmy G guy and thought signing him was a huge mistake. I don't think standing pat for 1 season in the face of a bunch of bad options has been the Raider's problem thus far. I think they've taken some big swings and whiffed and trusted the wrong guys with the keys. I think taking another big swing when the options aren't very good has a lot of potential to make things worse.

Edited by nagahide13

6 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

I think this is the year to do it. If you trade Adams it should make it a bit easier to trade up and I actually like the QB depth in this draft quite a bit more. I'm not sure the top 2 will project nearly as high, but after that I think it's stronger.

I'm kind of meh on this years QB class and would be a little disappointed to see us trade up for one after we didn't last year in a better class.

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm kind of meh on this years QB class and would be a little disappointed to see us trade up for one after we didn't last year in a better class.

If we toss out Caleb and Jayden since they weren't available at all, I'd guess they were interested in Penix and McCarthy. Penix went way earlier than expected to a team nobody expected, so he's out. That leaves JJ McCarthy and you have to trade up to 9/10 to get him and beat the Vikings offer, all when you were hoping one of them falls to you at 13.

I definitely imagine that yall wanted to trade up and the draft just fell out in the worst possible way to do so. The Penix pick left everyone reeling and McCarthy went a few minutes later. I feel a touch of that in the Bowers pick as well. All plans are off, grab the BPA

Edited by nagahide13
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

If we toss out Caleb and Jayden since they weren't available at all, I'd guess they were interested in Penix and McCarthy. Penix went way earlier than expected to a team nobody expected, so he's out. That leaves JJ McCarthy and you have to trade up to 9/10 to get him and beat the Vikings offer, all when you were hoping one of them falls to you at 13.

I definitely imagine that yall wanted to trade up and the draft just fell out in the worst possible way to do so. The Penix pick left everyone reeling and McCarthy went a few minutes later. I feel a touch of that in the Bowers pick as well. All plans are off, grab the BPA

Yeah it just didn't pan out well for us last year but a large part in that was that we won a bunch of meaningless games at the end of the year that tanked our draft position. And we seem committed to doing it again by signing Minshew, lol.

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I’m not sure I want Adams. This whole recreate a Green Bay team that never won a Super Bowl so you can possibly win a Super Bowl is dumb IMO. They’re older, disgruntled, I just don’t like it. 

The Jets offense probably isn't going anywhere even with the addition of Adams if Hackett's calling the plays. 

• Like 1