2024 NBA Preseason

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

ryan Dunn has made more 3s in the preseason than he did all of last year

Dunn made 1 less 3 tonight than he did all of last season 

If Dunn can hit 3's at a good rate / clip he'll be the steal of the draft. Dude will be one of the best defenders in the league from day one, only concern is that if he can't shoot he'll be Thybull'd out of the rotation. But if he's splashing I could see him starting this year for you guys was a great pick.

On 10/11/2024 at 10:39 AM, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm intrigued by the Knicks defense this year. Their 1 and 5 spots are below average-average defenders, but at the 2,3, and 4 they could field 3 elite wing defenders. It's going to be hard to hunt their weak defenders with Hart, Bridges, and OG out there. Not related to defense, but I also feel like Brunson's usage rates are going to astronomical. I'm not sure I'd trust any of their other guys right now to handle the ball in crucial situations. I assume they're looking for Bridges to be the secondary ball handler, or a rotation of him, KAT, and OG. McBride is a wildcard for them. Also, if there's ever a year they need Mitchell Robinson to stay healthy, this is it. Since I'm a Pistons fan, and will be cursed for years of mediocrity/crap to make up for the sheer joy watching the Goin to Work guys win, I think I might side root for the Knicks. The league is better when the Knicks are fun. 

I am absolutely all-in on this Knicks starting 5. A few things need to happen for them to seriously contend for a championship:

1) Celtics need to have a down year. On paper they're just too good. Sometimes **** happens, though!

2) The Knicks need EVERY STARTER healthy in the playoffs. Good luck with that on a Thibs team. I'm willing to sacrifice fancy stats and a top seed to let these guys rest but you know Thibs doesn't believe in load management.

3) We neeeed someone unexpected to step up. Whether it's Kolek, Shamet, Payne, or that German center. Sometimes these random vets have years where they randomly shoot the lights out.

4) I'm not sure if a buyout market player has ever really made a difference, but anyone would be nice.

Edited by redsoxsuck05

31 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

I think the Blazers are going to be the worst team this year because they have to double down on Scoot, who was somehow worse than Emmanuel Mudiay last year. I'm generally not too hard on rookies in any sport but I've never seen someone as bad as Scoot was turn into anything.

Depends on Sharpe and what they do with their veterans this year. 

Simmons, Sharpe, Avdija, Grant, Ayton are all NBA rotation guys. 

36 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Suns should start: 

Jones - Booker - Durant - Dunn - Nurkic 

Second unit: 

Morris - Allen - Beal - O'Neale - Plumlee

Wish Beal would sacrifice his spot for the 6th man role but money and ego are undefeated.  Also I wouldn’t be surprised if Ighodaro is the backup 4 at some point this year since he’s athletic and does the dirty work. 

13 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Wish Beal would sacrifice his spot for the 6th man role but money and ego are undefeated.  Also I wouldn’t be surprised if Ighodaro is the backup 4 at some point this year since he’s athletic and does the dirty work. 

If the Suns want a real chance to win a title I think he's going to have to accept a 6th man role. Don't see why he would be super opposed to it at this point, he's guaranteed three more years at $50M+ APY regardless of his role. 

The first team could really use a table setter like Tyus Jones to take pressure off of Durant/Booker. And having Beal with the ball in his hands against second units surrounded by Allen, O'Neale, and Plumlee would be OP.

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If the Suns want a real chance to win a title I think he's going to have to accept a 6th man role. Don't see why he would be super opposed to it at this point, he's guaranteed three more years at $50M+ APY regardless of his role. 

The first team could really use a table setter like Tyus Jones to take pressure off of Durant/Booker. And having Beal with the ball in his hands against second units surrounded by Allen, O'Neale, and Plumlee would be OP.

Its almost like on a good team he is/should be a Colin Sexton who comes off the bench but can start here and there when needed but sucks on D so having him in your primary rotation leads to losses.