Week 6 GDT Los Angeles Chargers at Denver

AnAngryAmerican

Obviously Nix had a rough day today, but my god. I really do believe we have one of the worst wide receiving corps in the entire NFL. They can’t separate. From literally anyone. This is especially problematic for the type of player that Nix is. He has a good processor and makes the correct reads. But he doesn’t have the arm talent to rifle the ball into tight coverages. He HAS to have receivers that can get open or he won’t succeed. And by my eye test, we don’t have anyone doing this. 

43 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Maybe we should start Jarrett Stidham. 

You mean someone that knows the playbook, can recognize and read defenses and beat this same team less than a year ago? A guy that could teach Bo quite a bit.

Why would you do that?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

You mean someone that knows the playbook, can recognize and read defenses and beat this same team less than a year ago? A guy that could teach Bo quite a bit.

Why would you do that?

Don't you "watch" the game from the ESPN game center graphic? 

This LAC team is the complete opposite of last years. Harbaugh has the defense playing like one of the best in the league and their offense was in third and short all day. Bo's issue want the playbook, or seemingly reading the defense. He's just been inextricably inaccurate on throws in the medium/deep part of the field. 

I don't want to seem like I'm making excuses, because he was not very good outside of the 4th quarter, but the playcalling was mediocre (enough 2 or 3 man routes or throws to backs behind the los pls) and the WR are some of the worst in the league at separating. The second half again proves why you stick with the kid. 

• Like 1

Backyard plays and late game big lead soft zone defenses. That’s where Bo is making things happen. Right now he flat out can’t play in structure in regular game script. I think Payton needs to mix things up early. More stuff built around his legs and more no huddle. He’s just not seeing the game in the offense Payton wants to run. 

Edited by BroncoBruin
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Backyard plays and late game big lead soft zone defenses. That’s where Bo is making things happen. Right now he flat out can’t play in structure in regular game script. I think Payton needs to mid things up early. More stuff built around his legs and more no huddle. He’s just not seeing the game in the offense Payton wants to run. 

For me I think his main issue is that our WRs can’t create any separation in Payton’s normal offense. Bo has good processing speed and makes good reads but he doesn’t have the arm talent to rifle the ball into those tight of windows. Softer zone at the end of games is finally creating separation. But to me, that’s more of an indictment on our receivers than on our rookie quarterback. The announcers even commented how our receivers are never open. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

For me I think his main issue is that our WRs can’t create any separation in Payton’s normal offense. Bo has good processing speed and makes good reads but he doesn’t have the arm talent to rifle the ball into those tight of windows. Softer zone at the end of games is finally creating separation. But to me, that’s more of an indictment on our receivers than on our rookie quarterback. The announcers even commented how our receivers are never open. 

See I don’t think he’s seeing the field well at all. I’d have to look at the film to comment on the receivers, it’s obviously not the best group of athletes. But I think he looks lost a lot of the time and he isn’t comfortable standing in the pocket. So much of the pressure is self-created, I actually think the pass protection has been mostly good this year. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MontanaBronco said:

Well sounds like I missed a rough one. Any bright spots today? 

Strnad continues to perform well. Moss did decently as well in Surtains absence (got injured like...2nd play). Roach had a tip and some nice pressure and Allen is still a beast.

We did an effective jetsweep with Franklin on offense which I think we should come back to. Vele looked great with some sure-handed catches and braking some tackles towards the end.

Other than that quite awful...oh and Bo can run fast 😄