Trade Deadline Discussion

Packerraymond

My favorite thread of the year, nothing happens but we go for 70 pages complaining about it!

This year I think Gute could look for front 4 help. Raiders, Titans, Patriots, Browns, Panthers, Saints and the losers of tonight's Bengals/Giants game could be looking to sell off. 

Some targets for me would be: Josh Uche of the Patriots, Sebastian Joseph-Day of the Titans, Chase Young of the Saints. All are rentals on the last year of their deal.

• Like 1

Just now, Striker said:

Will this be the first year we don't have an endless drum beat for making a move, any move, for a wide receiver?

Gute’s seat is heating up. Not because of the job but it’s October in GB and he got an awesome interior package on his SUV with the fancy seats. 

• Like 5

I want Maxx Crosby. He's got a few more years on his deal, but the Raiders are going nowhere for the next few years at least. We need pass rushers, it's fairly obvious. I'm willing to pay for him. I hate giving up draft picks, but next year's draft looks very weak. I'd trade 55 and a 2nd to get him. Montez Sweat cost the Bears a 2nd and a big *** contract. 

• Like 1

Just now, Old Guy said:

I want Maxx Crosby. He's got a few more years on his deal, but the Raiders are going nowhere for the next few years at least. We need pass rushers, it's fairly obvious. I'm willing to pay for him. I hate giving up draft picks, but next year's draft looks very weak. I'd trade 55 and a 2nd to get him. Montez Sweat cost the Bears a 2nd and a big *** contract. 

That's going to be expensive AF.  It's a FRP+ easy.  Montez Sweat had 13 sacks in the previous 2 seasons, and was a pending FA.  Maxx is coming off a 14.5 sack season.  And he's not a pending FA.

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

We'll probably need to give up more for Crosby. I wouldn't be opposed to include Doubs in a trade for him. 

1st+Doubs might be able to get it done. 

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's going to be expensive AF.  It's a FRP+ easy.  Montez Sweat had 13 sacks in the previous 2 seasons, and was a pending FA.  Maxx is coming off a 14.5 sack season.  And he's not a pending FA.

I'm willing to give up 2025 FRP and 55 to get him. 

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Crosby is the face of the Raiders.   I think it would take a lot to get him.  Multiple top picks + young assets

If they are trading Adams, they are in a rebuilding mode. Davis would get out from under those two deals and add some very good draft capital and possibly a younger player or two. 

Give them a chance to reset the roster and start over, which is what they need to do.

There is obviously a pretty good chance Crosby won't be available, but we should sure inquire. 

• Like 1

Just now, Old Guy said:

If they are trading Adams, they are in a rebuilding mode. Davis would get out from under those two deals and add some very good draft capital and possibly a younger player or two. 

Give them a chance to reset the roster and start over, which is what they need to do.

There is obviously a pretty good chance Crosby won't be available, but we should sure inquire. 

LV hasn't traded Adams and he wants out and is over 30.  

I agree GB should inquire, but the cost would likely be quite high.  

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

LV hasn't traded Adams and he wants out and is over 30.  

I agree GB should inquire, but the cost would likely be quite high.  

He's injured. I saw reports the trade inquiries wouldn't get serious until he's healthy enough to go. I am assuming when he's healthy we'll start hearing the rumors about who is offering what for Adams. 

The Jets are definitely going to be in on the hunt for him.