Week 7: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

J-ALL-DAY

The Seattle game was fun for a while and then nerve wrecking and then fun again....but now we face the team that absolutely OWNS us and somehow Vegas had made us the one point favorite lol.

Offensively, this game is going to be difficult with the Chiefs running a whole a lot of press man coverage and our receivers are not going to have an easy time at all. Purdy is already holding on to the ball quite a bit and he's going to be holding on it to even more when no one is open. The Chiefs have a HOFer in the interior that always kills us and now he will be lined up majority of the time against Puni. That's going to be a hell of a challenge for the kid, but I am looking forward to that match up. Mason has a sprained AC joint and there is a decent chance he misses the game or is highly compromised if he does play. Mason is a physical runner and he's going to take shots in that area throughout the game. Guerendo is going to have to step up but he's still running hesitant and is not trusting his eyes. Going to be a very tough game for him if Mason can't go. Aiyuk was open enough in the SB but Purdy was not looking his way as he kept targeting Deebo against McDuffie for some reason but this is the game he's going to have to step up and take over. His route running has been sharp the last few weeks and Spags will leave his corners on an island more than we have seen in recent weeks so Aiyuk should have his opportunities. Kittle has turned into a TD machine with four consecutive games with a score and I think Shanny will need to feature him early and often in the game plan. This is a game we need to see Kittle have 10+ targets.

Defensively, I don't have much confidence in them stopping Mahomes, despite all the injuries. Kareem Hunt will get close to 20 carries and even if he does not have big yardage, he will be effective enough where the Chiefs can continue committing to the run and we know what Mahomes will do in the passing game. JuJu Smith in 2024 is WR1 on that team but it does not matter as he's going to find a way to be wide open on a few crossers. Kelce is going to do damage as he always does against us. I do hope we see more of Evan Anderson and go with Green over Yiadom if Ward is able to return. Missing the Seahawks game was the best thing for Ward as he has not been healthy all season. Mustapha should be a go with his low ankle injury but another safety is needed so we don't send out Odum to allow a receiver to get behind him as he always does. The Chiefs LT situation is less than ideal but I don't think Floyd will win enough to make a difference.

I am sure we will keep it close but Mahomes will have the ball last and he will not be denied. 

Chiefs 24

49ers 20

5 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

No matter what, I think the whole world will want to see these 4 WRs sets assuming Pearsall plays

Don't see Pearsall being activated for this game. Will return to practice and he either debuts next week or after the bye week. Only way he returns vs the Cowboys is if we are dealing with a WR injury. If not, then post-bye week is the best bet. 

• Like 1

Until I see the Niners actually beat the Chiefs, I will just always assume the Chiefs are going to win by 2+ scores every time.  The Niners haven't beaten them since 2014 and aside from the Super Bowl, it's been a double digit loss every game since then.  Different team makeups, of course.  Still....  

I don't think we'll get the 0-41 whooping we got from them in 2006, but I would be absolutely shocked if we pulled out a win here.

I marked this as a loss as soon as I saw the schedule.  It just sucks that we're sitting at 3-3 when we go into this game.  Thought we would have a better record.  

• Like 1

The only reason I’m skeptical in us winning this game (you read that right), Mahomes has thrown ints or had a lot of turnovers this year. IF we can capitalize on putting up TD points off the TOs then I’m slightly hopeful. As majority of us have already stated, this will always be a loss until we can finally give them a reason to fear us. 

• Like 1

DVOA ranks through week 6 (Minus MNF game)

Offense - 4th

Defense - 5th

STs - 31st

Overall - 5th

The defense has had some dominant performances against the Seahawks and Patriots but I don't see this unit being a top 5 caliber at this point...Maybe it changes but right now the pass rush is still inconsistent, LB2 is a big issue, our safety play has not been great and we have had some inconsistent corner play....at least in spots.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StevenK said:

The only reason I’m skeptical in us winning this game (you read that right), Mahomes has thrown ints or had a lot of turnovers this year. IF we can capitalize on putting up TD points off the TOs then I’m slightly hopeful. As majority of us have already stated, this will always be a loss until we can finally give them a reason to fear us. 

I think we need two things to win this game.  

1. Fix the red zone issues.  If we can put up touchdowns instead of field goals, I believe this offense can go toe-to-toe with the Chiefs.  

2. Do NOT let Mahomes have the ball last.  Their offensive line will hold like the dickens and there will be no calls.  Mahomes will have all day to find Kelce.  Gotta pan to Taylor Swift a few times to show her rooting her man on, too.  It's all part of the NFL experience.  Make our last posession take 17 freakin' minutes, man.  I don't care how we do it.  Take a 20 yard sack on 1st down to back us up again.  lol

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Don't see Pearsall being activated for this game. Will return to practice and he either debuts next week or after the bye week. Only way he returns vs the Cowboys is if we are dealing with a WR injury. If not, then post-bye week is the best bet. 

Shame too, because you know they are just going to neuter this offense and Purdy with heavy man locking up the receivers and that's what you drafted Pearsall to try and get around 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ataal said:

2. Do NOT let Mahomes have the ball last. 

that's hard to do.. their defense is so damn good

and there is nearly no lead that is safe with Shanahan's 49ers   

they have earned their Master's Degree in the art of  snatching defeat from the jaws of victory 

Edited by Herodreamer79