Week 7: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

J-ALL-DAY

On 10/15/2024 at 9:52 PM, straighthate said:

Biggest question I have for you is does that mean you think the Niners don’t move the ball a ton but fix the red zone issues and score three TDs or the red zone issues continue but they move the ball and kick seven field goals? 

4 FGs, One TD and one Safety.

The media narrative being mostly on Brock's side lately gives me the heebie jeebies. You look good in one national tv game and everyone jumps on board even when the Rams game was still the better game lol. I assume that when we lose by a point after hideous refereeing mistakes, a missed field goal, and a muffed punt, everyone will blame Brock for the loss and we can go back to the status quo lol.

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

The media narrative being mostly on Brock's side lately gives me the heebie jeebies. You look good in one national tv game and everyone jumps on board even when the Rams game was still the better game lol. I assume that when we lose by a point after hideous refereeing mistakes, a missed field goal, and a muffed punt, everyone will blame Brock for the loss and we can go back to the status quo lol.

Just listen to Steven Ruiz for a bit. It'll even you out 

• Like 2

The NFL owes us for the terrible missed punt turnover. Imagine blaming those responsible for broadcasting the game for not being able to see the ball move the thumb... 

Now, will we ever be able to collect? Especially against those who have the refs in their pockets more than any other team in the past 15 or so years? Very doubtful. 

But, let's see a 9ers team who doesn't let the refs decide the game, please! With a few less mistakes on the field in the Super Bowl, we're lofting our 6th Lombardi already. Really want to see us dominate the Chefs. Faithful Forever!

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Just listen to Steven Ruiz for a bit. It'll even you out 

I want to give his content as few clicks as possible at this point, lol. He's had plenty of time and more data to revise his opinions (on Brock and others) to something that's at least more defensible and interesting to read. This probably skews my overall view lol.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I want to give his content as few clicks as possible at this point, lol. He's had plenty of time and more data to revise his opinions (on Brock and others) to something that's at least more defensible and interesting to read. This probably skews my overall view lol.

Nick wright has Purdy #15 as well, so he works too 

• Like 1

Wright and Jennings missed their second consecutive day of practice. Worrisome on both fronts. 3rd kicker in three weeks is crazy and Carlson was horrendous to end the season last year and Jennings had a big game against the Chiefs and would be able to win the tough 3rd downs against tight coverages. 

Looks fairly good for Mason who will likely be limited again.

Ward will play and hopefully he is back to full health or close to it. 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wright and Jennings missed their second consecutive day of practice. Worrisome on both fronts. 3rd kicker in three weeks is crazy and Carlson was horrendous to end the season last year

Wright seemed good. He doesn't have a huge leg, but he seemed very consistent and under control with his striking. 

It is pretty windy in the bay right now. They are calling it diablo winds because it is warm air from inland with very strong gusts. Levi's is already known for swirling winds, but it could be extra windy on Sunday. The kicking game is definitely a large concern. 

I am feeling pretty confident about this game. As it gets closer I feel more confident. I really think we get the monkey off our backs this weekend. I think this game is exactly what we needed. The SB loss was kind of hanging over our heads imo. You go so far and then everyone discounts how good of a season you had because you didnt finish the job.

Well, you cant win a SB in September and October so it's kind of hard for these guys to really face that head on. They always say to focus on what is in front of you and you cant really redeem yourselves until you actually win a SB. So, I think that has been tough, emotionally. I think it has worn on them. This is a rare chance off a long week to really face all of that head on and conquer it. 

I think (hope) this is the game this team remembers that they are KILLERS.

• Like 1