Week 17 Steelers vs. Browns Stay Healthy GDT

Steeler Hitman

6 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

If I were the Browns, that's probably who'd I'd take.  Who would you want if you were Browns GM?

Rosen and Barkley in the draft....Alex Smith in free agency on a 2 year deal.   Im not a fan of any of these QBs coming in and making an immediate impact.  I was wrong about Watson though, so I could be wrong about some of these guys.,.

I dont get why people love Darnold.  Not saying he is bad and he has upside, but Ive never been overly impressed.      Most USC QBs, even the highly touted ones, just never stand out to me.   Wasnt a fan of Leinart, Barkley, Sanchez and now Darnold.   HOWEVER, Darnold did impress me at times, so Im not dismissing him.    I just think he is going to be another ho-hum NFL player.   We will see.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Rosen and Barkley in the draft....Alex Smith in free agency on a 2 year deal.   Im not a fan of any of these QBs coming in and making an immediate impact.  I was wrong about Watson though, so I could be wrong about some of these guys.,.

I dont get why people love Darnold.  Not saying he is bad and he has upside, but Ive never been overly impressed.      Most USC QBs, even the highly touted ones, just never stand out to me.   Wasnt a fan of Leinart, Barkley, Sanchez and now Darnold.   HOWEVER, Darnold did impress me at times, so Im not dismissing him.    I just think he is going to be another ho-hum NFL player.   We will see.

Darnold would be drafted on potential.  If he gets the right coaching, he could be a good franchise QB imo.  But he's inconsistent and needs to work on his craft moving forward.

Yeah, those USC QBs have a sad legacy for the most part.  

25 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Also not worried how the defense did. Saw some of the game. Haley and Butler kept the game very bland from a game plan stand point. Smart. Don’t show anything. 

Unfortunately, our D has looked quite abysmal since Shazier went down.

Today doesnt worry me....but there is still plenty of reason to be concerned.  

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

I'm missing your point. What does the score have to do with it? Obviously he can still produce. He should have been rotated in. 

Did you see his 2 sacks?  

Both of them were sacks that most quality vet QBs wouldnt take.    Petty held the ball for too long on both and had horrible pocket presence and needlessly ate both sacks.

And before someone claims I am just hating on Harrison, this was basically the same thing I said when TJ Watt had his sacks in week 1 vs the Browns.     They werent about him winning his matchup...they were largely caused by poor QB play.

Again....I wouldve kept Harrison if only because everything we have at OLB aside from TJ Watt is garbage.    However, he was reportedly becoming a distraction behind the scenes and his two ""Gildong" sacks today dont really mean much.   

Could he still have an impact vs us?   Sure....we will see....but I knew some Steeler fans were going to overblow his 2 sacks.  

6 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Did you see his 2 sacks?  

Both of them were sacks that most quality vet QBs wouldnt take.    Petty held the ball for too long on both and had horrible pocket presence and needlessly ate both sacks.

And before someone claims I am just hating on Harrison, this was basically the same thing I said when TJ Watt had his sacks in week 1 vs the Browns.     They werent about him winning his matchup...they were largely caused by poor QB play.

Again....I wouldve kept Harrison if only because everything we have at OLB aside from TJ Watt is garbage.    However, he was reportedly becoming a distraction behind the scenes and his two ""Gildong" sacks today dont really mean much.   

Could he still have an impact vs us?   Sure....we will see....but I knew some Steeler fans were going to overblow his 2 sacks.  

I don't see it as "overblowing" his sacks (very poor choice of words). Didn't see the sacks but 5 tackles (3 Solo) and 2 sacks and a FF and 2 QB hits in limited action warrants playing time imo. He should have been rotated in throughout the season. Then he wouldn't have been a distraction. But that horse has left the barn.

2 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I don't see it as "overblowing" his sacks (very poor choice of words). Didn't see the sacks but 5 tackles (3 Solo) and 2 sacks and 2 QB hits in limited action warrants playing time imo. He should have been rotated in throughout the season. Then he wouldn't have been a distraction. But that horse has left the barn.

His sacks and tackles today were “hustle” plays. They weren’t “good” plays. 

Archived