Week 17 Steelers vs. Browns Stay Healthy GDT

Steeler Hitman

Just now, warfelg said:

His sacks and tackles today were “hustle” plays. They weren’t “good” plays. 

I think "hustle" plays are "good" plays. Eye of the Beholder I guess. To those that support the cutting of Harrison, I've yet to hear a logical defense of letting him sit all year (after telling him he'd play), grow more and more bitter and then cut him instead of rotating him in throughout the year. The "best" argument I've heard was that it was because Butler didn't want to "show his hand" when Harrison was out there. I can understand that point but still don't think that's a good reason to have him rot on the bench. 

24 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I think "hustle" plays are "good" plays. Eye of the Beholder I guess. To those that support the cutting of Harrison, I've yet to hear a logical defense of letting him sit all year (after telling him he'd play), grow more and more bitter and then cut him instead of rotating him in throughout the year. The "best" argument I've heard was that it was because Butler didn't want to "show his hand" when Harrison was out there. I can understand that point but still don't think that's a good reason to have him rot on the bench. 

Does TJ outplayed him in practice work for you? Because I think that’s what it comes down to. 

19 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

I don't see it as "overblowing" his sacks (very poor choice of words). Didn't see the sacks but 5 tackles (3 Solo) and 2 sacks and a FF and 2 QB hits in limited action warrants playing time imo. He should have been rotated in throughout the season. Then he wouldn't have been a distraction. But that horse has left the barn.

Chickillo had pretty much the exact same type of game week 1 vs the Browns.....and his sacks were very reminiscent of the sacks Harrison got today.

Once again, 1) I wouldnt have cut Harrison, 2) I wouldve given him more reps and 3) he could have an impact in the playoffs.        All Im saying is that nothing about his play today makes me feel any differently about getting rid of him than I did a few days ago.

Just now, warfelg said:

Does TJ outplayed him in practice work for you? Because I think that’s what it comes down to. 

I guess I'm not being clear here. He should have been rotated in. Not be the starter. He could have been effective in spot duty. I see no benefit in letting him sit. That's just how I see it.

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Chickillo had pretty much the exact same type of game week 1 vs the Browns.....and his sacks were very reminiscent of the sacks Harrison got today.

Once again, 1) I wouldnt have cut Harrison, 2) I wouldve given him more reps and 3) he could have an impact in the playoffs.        All Im saying is that nothing about his play today makes me feel any differently about getting rid of him than I did a few days ago.

Agree but that's the point. I'd rather have JH then Chick in the Post Season with this window for #7 slamming shut. And it's not even close. He's a serviceable backup that has the ability to really ramp his game up and provide much needed pressure when it counts the most. He was mishandled this Season. Plain and simple. Will it end up costing us. To Be Continued.  

Just now, Chieferific said:

Agree but that's the point. I'd rather have JH then Chick in the Post Season with this window for #7 slamming shut. And it's not even close. He's a serviceable backup that has the ability to really ramp his game up and provide much needed pressure when it counts the most. He was mishandled this Season. Plain and simple. Will it end up costing us. To Be Continued.  

There is some middle ground we can agree on.   ^_^

2 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

Bills just got a ticket.  Nice choke job by Bmore. 

I couldn't believe this and they lost at home vs the bungles. The nfl did the right thing when they changed the schedules and had division rivals play at the end of the year. 

Did Dupree get hurt today? I never saw the game but he isn't on the stat sheet.

56 sacks for the 2017 season, is this our new record?  Hilton and Haden helped this stat, good to have a blitzing DB and one that can cover. 

14 hours ago, grubs10 said:

Was that the sound of Baltimore’s defense choking I just heard?

?????

I didn't think there was a scenario where they wouldn't make the playoffs.  Haven't heard it talked about much so thought they were in.  Wish I watched their game and seen it all go down live.  

14 minutes ago, JDLefebvre said:

?????

I didn't think there was a scenario where they wouldn't make the playoffs.  Haven't heard it talked about much so thought they were in.  Wish I watched their game and seen it all go down live.  

It was fun to watch - especially that last play.  I thought the Ravens had a chance to win at KC and NE, but I couldn't bring myself to root for them.

Archived