Week 17: Bears (5-10) at VIKINGS (12-3)

swede700

Just now, NorthCountryEvo said:

Good plan until Isidora or Sirles go down. Then we could have a problem.

Right now, one of them going down is less important that Elfien going down for the rest of the season.

Isidora and Sirles are around the same tier rank of players at there stages of the career.

If Pat is down come playoff time, that spells trouble.

8 minutes ago, disaacs said:

There certainly would be a problem, but then I guess they'd call up Edison off the PS and move Berger back to guard.

If I was a betting man, Remmers would be moved inside and Hill plays RT.

Remmers has plenty experience there and probably would be the best way to go depth wise.

3 minutes ago, disaacs said:

There certainly would be a problem, but then I guess they'd call up Edison off the PS and move Berger back to guard.

I'd almost consider going after a vet free agent. Someone who should be able to pick up schemes quick, and while they probably wouldn't be the most solid option, I'd have more faith in someone who has been around the league for a while rather than a guy off the practice squad who hasn't had a meaningful snap in the NFL. For OG, someone like Tom Lelito or Louis Vasquez, or for a Center maybe someone like Jeremy Zuttah.

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Oh there is no doubt our depth would be thin. I just don't want to have Pat injured in a game like this.

I don't want anyone to get injured in a game like this. I'm really hoping we can jump out to a demoralizing early lead, much like we did with the Bengals, and we can get some backups in sooner.

15 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

I'd like to see the Vikings come out firing and get a solid lead in the first half and let some of the young guys (and Teddy) get in the second half. The offense hasn't been clicking as smoothly the last few weeks so this game is important to tighten things up. 

I think last week's lack of offense was due to weather more than lack of execution.

I mean Thielen and Diggs got open deep, but still weather/field conditions probably played the biggest role in those incompletions.

Being at home, even against a better defense I think our offense can produce.I

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think last week's lack of offense was due to weather more than lack of execution.

I mean Thielen and Diggs got open deep, but still weather/field conditions probably played the biggest role in those incompletions.

Being at home, even against a better defense I think our offense can produce.I

Regardless of the reason the offense hasn't been as sharp. I mean the Bengals game the defense got 2 turnovers (not including Kendricks touchdown) on their side of the 40 and ended up with a total of 3 points. They punted after having the ball with a 1st and 10 from the 25. The Panthers game had plenty of miscues and the Packers game had so many missed opportunities. 

I agree that they can produce. But having the ability to produce and actually producing are 2 different things. They went through a stretch where they executed in the redzone almost to perfection, and they have wavered a bit as of late and I think this game is important for them to fix some of those issues. (plus getting the bye would help address the issues as well)

Archived