Week 17: Bears (5-10) at VIKINGS (12-3)

swede700

14 minutes ago, Klomp said:

I'd be surprised if they move more guys than they need to.

Berger to center, Isidora at guard

I'd normally agree, but I'm not sure we want both Sirles and Isidora starting. Hill is clearly better than both. The Bears shouldn't be taken lightly.

11 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I'd probably still rather have Isidora start.

Still think it would be smart to get them some more game time.

Than again if the coaches believe our best lineup is actually moving Remmers inside, I am for it.

We need to win this game.

I'd like to see Isidora start over Sirles with Remmers at RG. Probably won't happen, they seem to really favor Sirles.

Last week in Green Bay, the Vikings took their foot off the gas with regard to their pass rush in favor of a more controlled rush designed to make it more difficult for Brett Hundley to dissect coverage and complete passes to receivers. The strategy worked, as Hundley finished the game with his lowest single-game completion percentage (42.5) of the season and his third-lowest passing yardage total (130 yards) of 2017. A similar strategy may be needed this week against Bears quarterback Mitchell Trubisky, who has used his mobility to gain 246 yards on 40 rushes (6.2 yards per rush) this season. Trubisky is good at using his legs to extend drives as well as to extend plays to find open receivers. The Vikings will construct a rush plan with this in mind, and that plan may result in fewer sacks but should also result in a lower completion percentage and passing yardage total.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/5-Vikings-Bears-Storylines-to-Watch/e59a958a-6498-44a7-8721-694e2083573e?sf177541123=1

22 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I'd like to see Isidora start over Sirles with Remmers at RG. Probably won't happen, they seem to really favor Sirles.

Start the better combination of OL who have good pass protection and run blocking skills. 

If/ when the Vikes get a comfortable lead, sub in TB and the best combination of run blocking OL to run out the clock.

2 minutes ago, SkolMasterMN said:

I'm glad it's inside tomorrow, I don't think playing Chicago in that cold of weather would have given us a huge advantage since they're used to cold games also. Plus we wouldn't want our fans to suffer in that kind of cold. 

I am not so worried about the fans as the increased player attrition caused by cold weather injuries. I love watching cold weather football though.

Archived