Raiders Trade WR Davante Adams to Jets

HTTRDynasty

31 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

Its been hilarious and seriously gratifying for us Packers fans, having spent so damn long hearing about what a genius Douglas was, how much of an idiot Brian Gutekunst (GB GM) was, and how Matt Lafleur was going to be exposed as a fraud who only ever did well because of Rodgers (despite him turning Rodgers career around after looking washed in 2017-18). 

Oh, and a big chunk of the national media being happy to almost write Jordan Love off before last season even started (while hyping Justin Fields up as an outside MVP candidate - he was 10th shortest odds entering last year!). 

Did I miss the Packers going on a Super Bowl run last year?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I think Garrett Wilson may stand to benefit from this, honestly. Davante should draw coverage away from him.

Having a savvy vet for their young WRs to emulate is a good thing but why would a WR at Adams' stage in his career want to go to a team with a low probability of making the playoffs?  Is his friendship with Rodgers that big a draw?

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

These aged well. Although a conditional 4th is lower than a conditional 3rd. 

Would love to see the conditions to achieve the higher pick. 

You’ve quoted these posts saying they “aged well”, when people have responded to you making a prediction which has ended up being completely wrong?

Not sure why you think that’s something worth flexing about.

6 minutes ago, Pugger said:

why would a WR at Adams' stage in his career want to go to a team with a low probability of making the playoffs?  Is his friendship with Rodgers that big a draw?

His BFF in Rodgers being QB is obviously the main reason. Adams cares about who his QB is, putting up huge stats and money.  

DA is in line for some insane cash next year unless they rework his deal, and you better believe Rodgers will ensure Adams is happy and taken care of. There was zero security in Vegas.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

His BFF in Rodgers being QB is obviously the main reason. Adams cares about who his QB is, putting up huge stats and money.  

DA is in line for some insane cash next year unless they rework his deal, and you better believe Rodgers will ensure Adams is happy and taken care of. There was zero security in Vegas.

I knew he wanted out of Vegas.  He and AR will be good together but I doubt it will be enough.  I suspect the Raiders will come out of this deal smelling like s rose.

Just now, Nightmare said:

You’ve quoted these posts saying they “aged well”, when people have responded to you making a prediction which has ended up being completely wrong?

Not sure why you think that’s something worth flexing about.

Completely wrong is a poor take. 

You all did only get a conditional 3rd, that very likely won't become a 2nd. 

My take was that you wouldn't receive a 2nd round pick and said a conditional 4th or a conditional 4th plus another 4th would likely be the cap. You all threw your arms up and said you would keep him. You even went as far as to flat out "lol". Y'all seriously overestimated your return in that thread and now acting like a conditional 3rd is closer to a 2nd+ than a conditional 4th. 

Sometimes we overestimate what people are willing to pay for something we have. That's okay. Enjoy the 3rd round pick. 

43 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Yep. People saying the Jets didn’t cave after the loss are fooling themselves. We wanted a 2nd and salary paid and we basically got it. Pretty confident that conditional 3rd will be a 2nd. 

I would love to sig-bet this. 

There is a very small chance it becomes a 2nd, IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I suspect the Raiders will come out of this deal smelling like s rose.

Telesco had a nice draft in year one so I am excited to either see him get that additional 2/3 or use it to move up for a QB. The Raiders will also have like $105M+ in cap next year which is cool. 

However the trade overall was such a weird one to begin with. Adams truly thought hitching his wagon to a Josh McDaniels and Derek Carr led team would be successful? Lol.

14 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I think the Raiders did alright with this one acquiring the draft capital alone.

I actually think they got fair value as well, all things considered. 

We all knew the Jets were the most likely landing area as well. I actually think it's a win for both sides. If the Jets can win a few more games from this addition it drops the value of the 3rd and the 3rd round pick for a player that likely wouldn't be in LV after this season is pretty good return, IMO.