Bills trade for Browns WR Amari Cooper; release Marquez Valdes-Scantling

Forge

2 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

I'm not getting why this is ridiculous...... Is literally just teasing the last part of the Caleb Williams deal for Myles Garrett....

I sort of get why Cleveland would scoff at it but at this point getting the like number 33-36 overall pick is more than fair

6 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Dude…. lol. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StatKing said:

It's a year to year league. Things happen fast, it might seem like KC is going to be great forever but more often than not that isn't the case. I don't understand why everyone these days think once a player hits 30 they are done for.

Oh trust me I know just how precarious of a position we’re in. This is why I’m so high on sending a boatload to get Tyreek back lol. 

This is just not a move that I knew the GM would be comfortable making. Giving up more than a 3rd when you’re thinking dynastically for a 30 year old guy on a one year rental(with drop issues) is just not how he does business. Maybe if he was younger, had more years on his deal, former first round pick needing a fresh start, etc.

Maybe a 3rd straight up, but I’m sure we’re gonna get the 3-peat tax from anybody we do business with. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think this move helps the Bills more than Adams helps the Jets.

Strong disagree. We'll see, of course. What I'll say is that both moves add some excitement and entertainment overall to the league this season.

42 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Strong disagree. We'll see, of course. What I'll say is that both moves add some excitement and entertainment overall to the league this season.

The Bills are actually a contender and filled a huge need that could put them over the top.

The Jets are currently on a 3 game losing streak sitting at 2-4 with an interim coach and a new play caller. I don't think that they're a WR away from contention, IIRC they'd be the first team in NFL history to fire a coach midseason and make the playoffs.

Edited by NYRaider

9 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I'm glad we did Amari a solid and got him to a contender with a good QB. 

He deserves it. I'm rooting for the Bills to win it all from here. He's going to be great in Buffalo. Really excited to see him successful there.

Does Jeudy become the WR1?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Bills are actually a contender and filled a huge need that could actually put them over the top.

The Bills are two games ahead of the Jets and it's not even midseason yet. They only beat the Jets by 3. If the Jets had pulled it off they would be tied in the division.

And did they fill a huge need? Cooper has been having a bad year, is 30, and has never been on Adams's level, though he's been very good overall. 

Unpopular opinion, but the Jets look like just as much contenders as the Bills. They both look like they could make the playoffs.

38 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Jets are currently on a 3 game losing streak sitting at 2-4 with an interim coach and a new play caller. I don't think that they're a WR away from contention, IIRC they'd be the first team in NFL history to fire a coach midseason and make the playoffs.

All good points. It would be a surprise if they beat all odds here. I don't think much of the losing streak, though. It's early in the season and the division is still up for grabs.

9 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

The Bills are two games ahead of the Jets and it's not even midseason yet. They only beat the Jets by 3. If the Jets had pulled it off they would be tied in the division.

And did they fill a huge need? Cooper has been having a bad year, is 30, and has never been on Adams's level, though he's been very good overall. 

Unpopular opinion, but the Jets look like just as much contenders as the Bills. They both look like they could make the playoffs.

All good points. It would be a surprise if they beat all odds here. I don't think much of the losing streak, though. It's early in the season and the division is still up for grabs.

The Bills have also completely destroyed teams this season while the Jets have struggled. 

They desperately needed another legitimate weapon to pair with Shakir / Coleman / Kincaid. Amari is coming off of the best season in his career with Joe Flacco at QB for a good chunk of it. The Jets beat the Bills week one of last season, it's a divisional game they're typically very competitive. The reality is that the Jets are on a 3 game skid and two games below .500. Their offense is on pace to score the same amount of points as it did last year with Zach Wilson. 

It's a mess in New York, Adams is a great player and clearly better than Cooper. I just don't think Adams is good enough to help a 2-4 team with an interim HC and OC make a historic run ROS.

Last two seasons:

Amari Cooper: 260 targets | 150 receptions | 2,410 yards (16.1 YPC) | 14 TD | 75.3 ypg

Davante Adams: 355 targets | 203 receptions | 2,660 yards (13.1 YPC) | 22 TD | 78.2 ypg 

Adams TD production is clearly way better but Amari has been way more efficient overall. Amari has 250 less yards but like 100 less targets

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Amari is coming off of the best season in his career with Joe Flacco at QB for a good chunk of it. 

Well Flacco is the 🐐 so

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If Watson gets injured, benched or suspended I am fully prepared for the Winston / Jeudy redemption arc.

🍆 😍

We all are.

10 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

I'm not getting why this is ridiculous...... Is literally just teasing the last part of the Caleb Williams deal for Myles Garrett....

I sort of get why Cleveland would scoff at it but at this point getting the like number 33-36 overall pick is more than fair

You think a 2nd round pick is fair value for Myles Garrett?

Is this a bit?