2018 NFL Draft Thread: Jets clinch 6th overall pick

jetskid007

53 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/132536/baker-mayfield

Jets, browns and giants meeting with Baker at his pro day

Dang the Browns are seriously considering Broadway Baker. 

Does anyone here have Darnold as their top rated QB? I've heard people say Mayfield and Rosen. Haven't seen anyone vouch for Darnold though. 

7 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Does anyone here have Darnold as their top rated QB? I've heard people say Mayfield and Rosen. Haven't seen anyone vouch for Darnold though. 

Yeah I don't get that either, you can't believe anything that the Media says. I sure don't have Darnold, as my over first pick. I am a Rosen guy, for the Jets

11 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I think after the Mark Sanchez debacle... we are all still a little wary of USC qb's. It has no place in logic, but i cant help think he will bust and his alama mater is sadly the biggest (nonlogical) reason.

8 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Darnold I feel is still the most talented, but his drop off is a real concern. He crumbled in the Cotton Bowl.

Rosen scares me some.  Multiple concussions already and shoulder issues.  Not something that should be ignored.

I've settled on Mayfield or Jackson.  If we have one of them I'll be happy.  Mayfield has a great arm, is accurate in an out of the pocket, and is a gamer when the lights come on.  Those traits translate.  Jackson has the highest ceiling in the draft.  I think his accuracy issues are largely overblown and while not Mayfield he is decent enough overall add to the fact he is electric with his legs and I have high hopes for him as a QB.

We need to land one of them IMO.

16 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Rosen scares me some.  Multiple concussions already and shoulder issues.  Not something that should be ignored.

I've settled on Mayfield or Jackson.  If we have one of them I'll be happy.  Mayfield has a great arm, is accurate in an out of the pocket, and is a gamer when the lights come on.  Those traits translate.  Jackson has the highest ceiling in the draft.  I think his accuracy issues are largely overblown and while not Mayfield he is decent enough overall add to the fact he is electric with his legs and I have high hopes for him as a QB.

We need to land one of them IMO.

I find it funny how we tend to undervalue athleticism at the qb spot. 

Jackson immediately becomes our most athletic player. Faster than Cam but bigger than Vick. He will have 1500 rushing and passing yards a season, maybe not as a rookie but athletic qbs often dont have to be as accurate as defenses are so concerned with containing him.

Just now, KodiakThunder said:

I find it funny how we tend to undervalue athleticism at the qb spot. 

Jackson immediately becomes our most athletic player. Faster than Cam but bigger than Vick. He will have 1500 rushing and passing yards a season, maybe not as a rookie but athletic qbs often dont have to be as accurate as defenses are so concerned with containing him.

Wouldn't shock me if he had over 4,000 yards combined passing and rushing as he matured into a QB.  

1 hour ago, KodiakThunder said:

I think after the Mark Sanchez debacle... we are all still a little wary of USC qb's. It has no place in logic, but i cant help think he will bust and his alama mater is sadly the biggest (nonlogical) reason.

I think you are probably right. It shouldn't be that way but I'm sure some Jets are cautious of Darnold after the Sanchez bust. Other recent USC QB bust are Matt Leinart and Matt Barkley. 

Browns fans are probably equally scared of Mayfield after they bombed on Johnny Football.

3 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Yes, i was being conservitive with my estimates. Teams asking him to be a WR is insulting. Imo

L. Jackson rightfully took it as insult as well. Not running at the combine and just focusing on throwing drills was the right decision. Basically told the NFL community, I'm a QB and draft me with the intention of playing me at QB.

Archived