Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

3 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

I really don’t see how four QBs don’t go in the top six picks BUT if they don’t and one is sitting there at seven, what do we ask from the Bills and Phins for our pick or do we sit and select BPA?

If one did fall to us and we get a call from the bills. I think we ask for both 1st rounds and something next year. As far as the Phins I would think this years 1st, 2nd and next years first or second. It does really depend on who is there sitting besides the QB because if 1 of Chubb, Barkley, Nelson is there, it would be hard to pass up.

4 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

I really don’t see how four QBs don’t go in the top six picks BUT if they don’t and one is sitting there at seven, what do we ask from the Bills and Phins for our pick or do we sit and select BPA?

If three QBs go in the top six, it's likely the top three non-QBs are gone. If we could move back five spots and pick up a third or something, I'd be all over it.

29 minutes ago, deuces22wild said:

There are some GMs, smart ones, that won’t reach for a Qb that doesn’t fit what they look in a franchise qb to take that high. They feel reaching for a qb who’s not a top 10 pick can set them back years. 

As some of the last few super bowl champions, broncos won with a Peyton Manning who just played the role of game manager, Nick Foles played well and channeled his 2013 year. 

Cam newton got toa super bowl. Case Keenum took the Vikings to the conf. Championship. So did Blake bortles. 

Hopefully winston can just play consistently solid and not turn it over here so we can get back into contention Bc there is talent and coaching on this roster. 

Unless the giants like what they see in a developmental guy in mason Rudolph or Lamar Jackson, or The guy they drafted in Davis Webb last year, they will pick a qb at 2. 

I think it’s a guarantee 3 qbs go in the top 5. Maybe the first three picks being qb. 

The one wild card to me is Denver. I don’t believe elway would feel obligated to reach for someone like mayfield at 5. I think Rosen and Allen are the prototype elway looks for as passers. I could be wrong with baker but I just don’t see him being a top 10 talent. Buffalo may feel they don’t have to jump Denver for him however Miami they may have to. 

Denver is the wild card that may say Keenum will do well in a similar environment he was in last year with a strong defense. 

Archived