Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

1 minute ago, Buc Ball said:

Sad to see him go.

We’ll definitely be drafting oline now, even if it’s a developmental prospect.

Yeah. It's kind of a bummer to draft a guy and develop him only to let him walk. But we needed an upgrade. 

Luckily, this is the draft to do it.

Would like to see us maybe bring in Eric Reid or Kenny Vaccaro to be apart of that rotation even if we are planning on drafting Derwin/Fitzpatrick.  It also allows us to possibly draft Ward if we want to get another CB across from Grimes and to groom for the next year since we know VHIII isnt playing on the outside, at least with Smith at DC. 

I normally don't like off season hype, but quite frankly this has been a soft team in the trenches.  If a team cant run the ball or stop the run to league average it is soft and not very physical. Win the LOS this year.  I really want Nelson to drop.

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I normally don't like off season hype, but quite frankly this has been a soft team in the trenches.  If a team cant run the ball or stop the run to league average it is soft and not very physical. Win the LOS this year.  I really want Nelson to drop.

Games are won and lost up front. I support the Nelson pick but that would mean Chubb goes 6 instead of 2. 

Darnold, Chubb, Rosen, Barkley, Allen, Nelson is how I see it playing out. If Giants go QB though we are guranteed either Nelson or Chubb. DEN either goes QB or safety. 

17 hours ago, Buc Ball said:

I’m watching Nelson’s film and I can’t help but hope we draft him. 

Yes, our secondary is absolutely dire, yes we need a RB, but an interior line of Nelson - Jensen - Marpet should give us a solid foundation on the most important unit on the team.

Would severely affect this team. A running game would help this red zone offense and not only that keeps the defense fresh and off the field. Nelson at 7 would be lovely and could happen. I’d go CB/RB round 2 for sure BPA. 

10 minutes ago, indifference said:

Games are won and lost up front. I support the Nelson pick but that would mean Chubb goes 6 instead of 2. 

Darnold, Chubb, Rosen, Barkley, Allen, Nelson is how I see it playing out. If Giants go QB though we are guranteed either Nelson or Chubb. DEN either goes QB or safety. 

Buffalo is the wild card in all of this.  All of the moves that have been made are for this draft.  They don't land a QB this draft, it s probably back to the middle of the 1st round next year with no where near the assets to move up.  I dont think the Giants moving out of 2 is out of the question especially if Gettleman doesnt want a QB.  The Giants have plenty of holes that getting one stud isnt going to fix.   Trade JPP get an extra 3rd, trade with Buffalo, good chance they could walk away with 6 picks in the first 3 rounds.  Chubb, I feel is better suited as a 4-3 DE, not 3-4 OLB.

Until proven otherwise, I see Buffalo getting ahead of Denver somehow,

11 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I dont think the Giants moving out of 2 is out of the question especially if Gettleman doesnt want a QB.  The Giants have plenty of holes that getting one stud isnt going to fix.   Trade JPP get an extra 3rd, trade with Buffalo, good chance they could walk away with 6 picks in the first 3 rounds.  Chubb, I feel is better suited as a 4-3 DE, not 3-4 OLB.

If the Giants wanted to move down, I think they would've taken the Jets' offer. Three seconds to move down four spots is crazy. I think the Giants know who they want. And I think that's either QB or Chubb.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

If the Giants wanted to move down, I think they would've taken the Jets' offer. Three seconds to move down four spots is crazy. I think the Giants know who they want. And I think that's either QB or Chubb.

Good point, but look at what Chicago gave SF.  Take the Giants out of the equation, Buffalo should be pretty desperate to not only give up assets this year, but next year also.  Worse depth chart right now Arizona or Buffalo?  Buffalo is probably going to offer a Herschel Walker type package to someone in the top 5.

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Good point, but look at what Chicago gave SF.  Take the Giants out of the equation, Buffalo should be pretty desperate to not only give up assets this year, but next year also.  Worse depth chart right now Arizona or Buffalo?  Buffalo is probably going to offer a Herschel Walker type package to someone in the top 5.

I think Cleveland is in the driver's seat here. They could take a king's ransom from a team like the Bills; they've certainly done an excellent job of acquiring picks to do it. Or they could opt to move back one spot like the 9ers did last year and still get their guy at five.

I'm hoping Cleveland trades out entirely. Would mean more QBs go ahead of us.

Archived