Offseason Discussion

deuces22wild

I wonder what we plan on doing with Gholston. Does he stay at end or does he become McCoys new back up. I cant imagine him starting over Curry or JPP and I don’t see where he fits in with the DEs. I’m sure the team could get a late round pick for him if they decide to trade him. 

2 hours ago, What_The_Buc said:

Free Agent RB Benny Cunningham is visiting the Bucs on Sunday 

He’s been used primarily as a receiver his whole career and have very few rushing attempts. Takes over for Sims and we only draft 1 RB? Draft pick, Barber, Cunningham, Quizz

35 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

He’s been used primarily as a receiver his whole career and have very few rushing attempts. Takes over for Sims and we only draft 1 RB? Draft pick, Barber, Cunningham, Quizz

Koetter has stated he’s not a fan of rookie running backs so I doubt we draft 2 of them but who knows. Me personally I’d like to draft two rookies. Penny, Guice, Michele early. Freeman, Ballage, Kelly later.

1 minute ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Reid I don’t think so. He’s not signed Bc of the kneeling incident and Tampa area may not be too kind to it. 

He did that somewhere else. He also said he wouldn't do it again. I don't think it would be on anyones mind here, and hell Mike Evans kneeled on Memorial day and noone seems to care.

1 minute ago, BucShot said:

He did that somewhere else. He also said he wouldn't do it again. I don't think it would be on anyones mind here, and hell Mike Evans kneeled on Memorial day and noone seems to care.

I thought there was more of an uproar in the community when Evans did it which led to his public apology statement. 

Reids a good football player. I’d like to have him or vaccarro. 

1 minute ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I thought there was more of an uproar in the community when Evans did it which led to his public apology statement. 

Reids a good football player. I’d like to have him or vaccarro. 

I think most sane minded individuals recognize that the kneeling had nothing to do with the military, Kap/Reid were protesting police brutality, while Evans was protesting the election of Trump as President. I think as long as Reid plays good football and stays out of the spotlight, fans will accept him. And I agree, he would be a heck of an addition.

13 minutes ago, BucShot said:

I think we're looking at a Wilcox/Ward type, so that could mean Vacarro or Reid.

I like Vaccaro, but his health is certainly a question.  I like Boston from LA, used to play in the division.  Also, Smith placed Conte/Ward over Evans plenty of times to match up against TEs. Ability to tackle is important, but coverage still has to be there.  Boston is healthier option right now.  It will be interesting to see which direction Licht goes.

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Whoa. I know the kneeling topic is a big one for the NFL but we should probably steer clear from it.

I'm not really trying to talk about the kneeling itself, moreso whether this fanbase would welcome Reid or not. I think they would have no problem.

Archived